The Body Shop Hemp Foot Protector Review
What it claims: Soften dry, rough feet using an intensive hydrating treatment that locks-in moisture with a fresh, green scent. Ideal for over-worked feet.
Best for: dry to extremely dry skin
Price and Quantity: Rs. 495 for 100 ml.
About the Product: At one time or another, we all suffer from the effects of dry skin. Exposure to Nature’s elements and working and playing outdoors can cause the skin to lose much needed moisture. This moisture needs to be replaced, otherwise skin becomes dry, rough, cracked and sore. The Body Shop Hemp range is exceptionally rich in essential fatty acids to give dry skin the extra attention it needs, which a regular moisturizer can’t always provide. Its green, slightly nutty, earthy scent appeals to both men and women and comes from hemp oil’s natural smell, so there’s no heavy added fragrance to aggravate sensitive dry skin.
Ingredients: Hemp seed oil has an unusually high concentration of essential fatty acids that help to repair the skin’s moisture barrier thus helping to restore moisture, smoothness and suppleness.
Lanolin is one of nature’s richest moisturizers. It is readily absorbed by the skin and so provides good protection for rough, dry hands.
Organic beeswax Moisturizes and helps to condition dry skin, especially on your lips and around the fingernail beds. Acts as a barrier that helps to seal in moisture. Helps to keep product texture consistent when used over time. Plays a part in protecting and preserving the forest as well as providing necessary income for the beekeepers, an increasing number of which are now women.
Panthenol is proven to improve flexibility of the nails, helping to reduce flaking and breakage. Glycerin is an effective moisturizer which helps improve softness and maximize hydration.
Tips: To intensify the treatment, apply the Hemp Foot Protector and then wear TBS Community Traded Moisturizing Socks overnight to seal in the moisture.
The Good about The Body Shop Hemp Foot Protector
- The only foot cream till date which has given me visible results almost overnight. I usually do not have cracked feet but lately cracks had developed because I love to position my feet directly in front of a heater/oil radiator (by the way, that’s suicide for your feet so try never to do that!) in the winters. I applied it one night, covered my feet with socks and woke up to happy, nourished, scrumptiously soft feet next morning . 🙂
- Technically hemp seed oil is cannabis, a drug. However, the level of hemp seed oil generally used in moisturising products is extremely low, and therefore non-intoxicating and safe to use. Hemp can enter the dry skin cell layers and replace lost moisture for a lasting effect, while other foot creams protect the skin for a very small amount of time. The glycerine also acts as an extra softener, while the lanolin creates a barrier to protect moisturised skin cells, preventing them from drying out again. I had wonderfully soft, moisturised, and healthy feet after using this cream for a couple of weeks.
- Since I feel the cream melts at skin temperature so a little goes a long way. You absolutely do not need several huge scoops of this cream to rub into your feet every night. One tub usually lasts me around 3 months. I use this daily overnight in winters (with socks) and every alternate day in the summersin conjunction with the Fabindia Foot cream every now and then.
- I adore both the texture and consistency of this cream. It is pale green in colour and so rich and thick that it can be said to be closer to the TBS body butter family than to the regular cream family.
- Although the time that it takes to absorb on one’s feet would vary with the condition of feet, on me it takes barely 3-4 minutes flat.
- My feet don’t feel sticky or greasy once it has been absorbed.
- With repeated use of this product, I noticed a vast improvement in the appearance and feel of my feet.
- It does not remove hard skin but more or less completely eliminates any further build up of hard skin.
- Works best after a warm shower when combined with socks overnight.
- The Body shop is against animal testing so all animal lovers can rejoice!
The Bad about The Body Shop Hemp Foot Protector
- If only it smelled better, I would have given this foot cream a 5/5 ! It is a medicated and somewhat overpowering smell which, I believe, most people who use hemp products will not find weird but I do . 🙁 Upon application, however, the smell settles into a more subtle version of its initial self. In any case, as long as the product delivers, I can put up with the smell
- You absolutely cannot apply this foot cream minus socks else your feet will become very slippery.
Rating: :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* + 0.5
Verdict: Another winner from The Body Shop 🙂
Would you purchase again?: Yes
Have you used The Body Shop Hemp foot Protector? Please rate in the box below
- Jovees Foot Care 2 in 1 Review
- Oriflame Soothing Foot Cream with Chamomile Review
- Avon Foot Works Pomegranate Chocolate Soothing Foot Soak Review
- Oriflame Eucalyptus Exfoliating Foot Scrub Review