WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
The Body Shop Lip Care – Satsuma Shimmer Born Lippy Lip Balm and Cocoa Butter Lip Care Stick
The Body Shop makes some absolutely heavenly scented delicious lip balms. When it comes to lip care, I personally prefer products that come in a tube/stick form obviously for hygienic reasons. But with The Body Shop, the lip balms in pot forms are absolutely drool-worthy.
Satsuma Shimmer Born Lippy Lip Balm
What does The Body Shop say?
A glossy and moisturising lip balm with a citrus flavour and added shimmer that leaves lips looking and feeling soft, smooth and shimmering.
Priced at: Rs 195 for 0.02kg.
- Satsuma peel essential oil – Provides natural fragrance.
- Organic beeswax – Moisturizes and helps to condition dry skin, especially on your lips and around the fingernail beds. Acts as a barrier that helps to seal in moisture. Helps to keep product texture consistent when used over time. Plays a part in protecting and preserving the forest as well as providing necessary income for the beekeepers, an increasing number of which are now women.
- Lanolin – Is one of nature’s richest moisturizers. It is readily absorbed by the skin and so provides good protection for rough, dry hands.
- Orange oil – Is known to uplift, refresh and energize the senses. Has a sweet citrus scent.
What I think about the Body Shop Satsuma Shimmer Born Lippy Lip Balm ?
I have a serious lip balm addiction. I am sure most of us do. 🙂 Along with the Satsuma Shimmer Lip Balm, I also got Cranberry Shimmer Lip balm which is a limited edition item but I am sure it’s gonna come back every Christmas to haunt me. 🙂
The smell is DIVINE, which is one of the main reasons I got this. Smells of fresh Oranges!
It moisturizes ok. Not very well. I find this to be a bit drying compared to other TBS lip balms. Sometimes I find that I need a separate lip balm underneath this to stop my lips from drying out, which completely nullifies its purpose . 🙂
What I like about Satsuma Shimmer Born Lippy Lip Balm :
- Smells really nice. Some days, I just carry it with me for the smell. I don’t even apply it. 🙂
- The shimmer is nice and subtle. Once the balm fades, the shimmer is not all over the place which is something I like
What I dislike about Satsuma Shimmer Born Lippy Lip Balm:
- Lacks moisturizing qualities. I have to frequently apply it to get the REAL dose of moisture.
- Jar Packaging
Will I re-purchase? I may, only for the smell. 🙂 I know, I am crazy like that. Buying a lip balm for a totally different purpose.
If you are willing to take the extra step of moisturizing before applying this or don’t care if it even moisturizes then, I would suggest this is a nice shimmery lip balm. If not anything, get it for the smell at least. I am sure you’ll love the fresh scent. It’s a nice perk me up on those dull and lazy days. 🙂
Cocoa Butter Lip Care Stick:
What does The Body Shop say about Cocoa Butter Lip Care Stick ?
Next time you’re hit with a chocolate-y craving, try smoothing on this lip luxury. With Community Trade organic beeswax, plus moisturising olive, coconut and sweet almond oils.
- Cocoa butter – Is an excellent moisturiser that melts at body temperature, leaving the skin feeling soft, silky smooth and supple. Helps to improve skin elasticity.
- Organic beeswax – Is an effective moisturiser that helps to condition the skin, whilst acting as a barrier to seal in moisture.
- Sweet almond oil – Is very rich in essential fatty acids that help to repair the moisture barrier of the skin, thus helping to restore moisture, smoothness and suppleness.
Priced at : Rs. 245 for 4.20g, it was Rs.345 when I got it.
What I think about Cocoa Butter Lip Care Stick ?
I love love the packaging. Convenient stick form, totally travel friendly. It’s a handbag staple for me. However, the cap is transparent and small, so it’s easy to lose it. 🙁
The smell. Oh the smell… It’s a nice chocolate-y smell, which is pretty strong. Some people may find the fragrance a bit hindering, but I totally love it . I have tried the Cocoa butter body scrub from TBS, and that smells nothing like this!
Performance wise, this is the best lip balm ever. It glides on like buttah . 🙂
There is no icky sticky residue. No colour. Just a super duper dose of moisturization.
I use this one as a base before applying lipstick, or as a top coat for lip stains . It won’t rub off the lip stain and you can be sure of getting a good moisture boost from drying lip stains .
I use this almost every day/night. My lips are prone to dryness be it summer or winter and this helps in keeping my dryness at bay and it works super-fast too!
What I like about this lip balm:
- Moisturizes really well.
- Easy, convenient and hygienic packaging.
- Smells like chocolate. Great if you like the smell of cocoa.
- Doesn’t feel waxy as much.
- The stick comes a long way. I use it every day and it lasted me a good 5 months. 🙂
What I dislike about Cocoa Butter Lip Care Stick:
- Not everyone would like the cocoa butter smell.
- The cap is too small and easy to lose.
Will I re-purchase this? Yes, it’s, my Holy Grail lip balm. That does not stop me from trying out other lip balms.
Tip: Every time my lip balms/concealers (in pot forms) get a bit hardened, I run a hair dryer over them for about a few seconds. The heat melts the product a bit, making it easy to apply. 🙂
I would totally recommend this to those seeking a nice moisturizing lip treatment. Have you tried lip balms from TBS?