WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
What is The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter?
With added Community Trade beeswax from Zambia and the antioxidant vitamin E to care for and pamper lips.
Quantity : 10 ml
Price: Rs 275. I got it at a 15 percent discount
Key Ingredients: Shea butter – Moisturises and helps soften the lips. Provides a rural community of women with regular work and income.
Organic Beeswax – Moisturises and helps condition the lips. Acts as a barrier that helps to seal in moisture. Helps to keep product texture consistent, when used over time.
Vitamin E – Is an antioxidant that helps to soften, condition and protect the lips.
Why should you buy The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter?
- It’s actually a butter. 😀 I have never used such buttery lip balm.
- It gives a nice glossy finish to your lips. A good substitute for a lip gloss. The product has very pretty light and transparent shimmer to it.
- It smells very soothing and delicious, something like vanilla.
- It keeps your lips moisturized for long hours (read 3-4 hours).
- Cute convenient packaging
- The product is ample to last you for 3-4 months depending on your usage. I apply lip balm almost 3-4 times a day.
Why should you not buy The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter?
- It’s painfully expensive for a lip balm/ butter.
- How much I hate these wide mouthed tubs where I have to dip my finger to get the product out. Still I end up buying them because I find them cute. 😛
- In summers , it would melt to a something messy. Then I would be grossed out and then leave the half tub unused. So it’s actually my fault that I bought such a buttery product when summers are just round the corner.
Would I repurchase it?
There is nothing wrong with the product but there is nothing great about it that I would spend some 250 bucks to repurchase it. I did feel the need to reapply it during the day. It’s more of a luxury product and that’s what they are mainly charging you for. 🙂
If you are buying it, my only word of caution would be that you need very tiny bit to apply on your lips. Or else the extra butter would not get absorbed in your lips and would just dry white on your lips. Then your lips would feel all chappy, crappy and flaky. 😀 Imagine how a butter reacts if it doesn’t get absorbed in bread. What gets absorbed, makes the bread soft and moist and the rest just sits on top of the bread.
I ended up hating this butter finally. It turned gooey and gross after some time and stopped working on my lips. Wouldn’t recommend anyone to purchase it.