Namaste everyone 😉
How is it going?
A special oil and masala loaded review for my oily and shiny sisters out there . 🙂
Raise your hands if you are oily/shiny.lol!
Description from the website:
Best if you want to: Moisturize with a light, mortifying lotion that hydrates skin and controls oil while helping to clear and prevent blemishes.
How it works:
- Lemon tea tree and Community Trade tea oil from Kenya contain properties that help fight blemishes and prevent new ones from forming.
- Taman oil from Madagascar has a soothing effect and helps to calm irritation and redness.
- Contains powders help mattify the skin and control shine.
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylamide/Ammonium Acrylate Copolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Polyisobutene, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Isostearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Limonene, Laureth-4, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Tocopherol.
When I brought this product nor it was getting any great reviews nor did it fit into my most reached products.
I kept it. Sitting right there staring at me and yelling use me use me! Lol
I have used this moisturiser all summer last year, alongwith fab Indias tea tree face wash. It was like a tea tree phase for me which ended as soon as summers did.I wanted to stay with proactive for a while, as I often feel it dries my skin too much and wanted to try something else which would work for blemishes/new acne/oil/shine.
I brought this in the offer when it was buy 3 for 15 dollars or something from 2 ranges’ got the vit-c peel off mask, tea tree clearing wash and tea tree clearing lotion.
If apart from this you need a review of the other 2 products let me know. Am more than happy to stick to them and use them constantly and hence finish them off (and yes I will do it because I know I have to give in a review)
So when I brought this it would in the offer cost me let’s say about 5 dollars i.e. Rs 250.
And right now on the body shop India website it is going for Rs 645 .
So in the summers I applied it after washing my face in the morning and followed up with Khadi Rose water.
The texture is very light and watery.You would be able to see it from the pictures below.
The tube packaging is pretty neat and bright green like the body shop tea tree range.
Quantity is 50 ml.lasted me 3 summer months one time use daily.
When I first started using it I hated the smell. It stung on my skin and it was the most pungent tea tree extract smell from any product I have ever used.
I later got used to it.
It did keep my face off shine. No blotting whatsoever needed.I used it every single day in the morning and only saw a slight disappearance of my blemishes. It wasn’t enough to convince me that this product is good.
There are about 9 products in the body shop tea tree range including washes,mask,lotions and blotting sheets.
I have personally tried only 2.
Their clearing wash in this range is listed as a bestseller on the body shop India website.
The Goods and the Bads
Thumbs up for The Body shop Tea Tree Lotion
- • Keeps shine off face for more than 12 hours.Tried and tested while travelleing . 🙂
- Tea tree anything is supposed to be good for blemishes.
- I like the texture
- Cute packaging
Bads about The Body Shop Tea Tree Lotion
- Does nothing for blemishes. Works great in keeping off shine only. And oiliness too.
- The smell is intolerable.
- Irritated my skin a little the first use
- My boyfriend ,who has dry skin actually stumbled on this and used it and developed redness and super stretchy skin the very moment he put it on.
- Does not really work on acne
- Cannot be used instead of moisturiser .
I might repurchase this product for the shine and oil control it gives me, oil control is the first step towards not letting acne build up 🙂
Rating : :-* :-* :-*
Have you used The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
- The Fab India TEA TREE Face Wash – REVIEW
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner
- Oriflame Tea Tree Purifying Blemish Solver Review
- Ayur Tea Tree Face Wash for Acne-Prone & Oily Skin Review
- Oriflame Tea Tree Purifying Wash and Tone Gel- A Review
- Review: Lotus Acne Gel with Tea Tree Oil and Lotus haul