The Body Shop Vitamin E illuminating Moisture Cream
I am sure most of us here would have a wish list that includes at least one item from The Body Shop’s vitamin E range. I had the vitamin E illuminating moisture cream for a while now and I finally got it after much wait. 🙂
What does The Body Shop Claim?
Best if you want to: Give your skin a luminous, healthy glow with a nourishing daily moisturizing cream that contains light-diffusing particles to help minimize the appearance of fine lines.
How it works:
- Vitamin E is a natural antioxidant that moisturizes and helps to protect against premature aging and environmental aggressors.
- Community Trade shea butter moisturizes and helps to soften and refine skin.
- Super-fine mica minerals diffuse light to create a bright, illuminated complexion.
Key Ingredients :
Vitamin E conditions, nourishes, and protects the skin, leaving it soft, smooth, and healthy.
Moisturizes and helps soften the skin. Also provides a rural community of women with regular work and income.
Price: Rs. 845 / $18.50 for 1.7 fl oz/50ml.
What I think about The Body Shop illuminating cream:
The cream comes in a pink jar, with the usual vitamin E packaging. Smells pretty much like the vitamin E range. I am sure most of us would have an idea of how the vitamin E range smells like sniffing it at The Body Shop’s stores sometime or the other .Reminds me of baby cream. Very soothing and also promisingly moisturizing. Lol, so much from the smell . 🙂
The cream is light pink in color and contains no form of shimmer while in the jar. When I apply it, it starts transforming into a dark-ish pink colour which quickly spreads upon blending and leaves a nice pinkish glow.
I just take a very small amount and apply it all over my face blending well. The cream as such is easy to spread but I just make sure to blend it in well so that no pinky residue is left behind looking artificial. The cream also sinks in pretty easily and leaves no funky residue. IMHO, it’s a little less heavy compared to the normal Vitamin E day/night creams but still moisturizes very well. I like that it’s a little light, because we don’t want to look greasy and illuminated at the same time.
I use this mostly instead of using moisturizer and set the look with loose powder. This one really does wonders in illuminating the face. It gives a nice dewy glow and a beautiful healthy pink look. Perfect for daytime, work or an evening look. I wouldn’t’ try to multi-task it as a night cream though.
Sometimes, I use this as a base before applying my foundation and this really perks up the skin by adding a beautiful glow which regular moisturizer won’t provide:). After using this, skin is well prepped up for make-up too.
This one cannot be substituted for a tinted moisturizer. It won’t cover any blemishes or acne scars. Just gives a nice dose of hydration and illuminates face really well. Lives up to its claim and totally delivers what’s expected of it.
What I like about The Body Shop’s Vitamin E illuminating cream:
- Provides both moisture and a nice glow at the same time.
- Illuminates face really well with no glitter or shimmer.
- Spreads really well and leaves no oily residue or film
- Can be used in hot weathers too. What are loose powders for? I do not have oily skin, but I know of people with oily skin who use this and have liked it a lot.
- Reasonably priced for the job it does.
What I dis-like about The Body Shop’s Vitamin E illuminating cream:
- The jar packaging which is obviously unhygienic. Wish TBS changes the packaging to a pump or a tube. Since the cream turns to a pink color, the sides of the jar might have a pinky residue as time goes by. I just keep wiping it with a tissue . 🙁
- Although the cream spreads easily, if not blended well can leave an artificial pink tint. So, make sure to massage it well. It sinks in pretty fast too.
Other than this, I see no big gripe with this baby.
Will I re-purchase? Hell Yeah. I am lovin’ it so far. 🙂
If you are looking at a nice cream to perk up your dull skin, then this cream is a must buy for you. It won’t give you the coverage any foundation or tinted moisturizer can, but definitely illuminates and brightens skin well.