Another pick from the Sephora store! Thank God for getting it to India. I always have to use a moisturiser before makeup and during summers, the face gets too greasy with standard creams as base. So, I was looking out for a very light moisturiser(water based) which would act as a perfect base for my makeup and also nourish the skin making it look fresh. I had not used any The Face Shop products in the past, but the name of this product “Oil-Free Control Cream” sounded just perfect to suit my needs. So, I picked it up, now please read on to find out if I would recommend you to try it out 😉
• An oil free moisturing cream for acne prone and sensitive skin.
• Controls skin condition without stickiness.
• Enhanced quick clear complex makes skin calm and refreshed.
The Face Shop’s Clean Face Oil-Free Control Cream is a superb moisturizer and a pore treatment all in one convenient package. Natural ingredients like liquorice, green tea, lemon make it gentle on your face without the greasy and pore clogging feeling of your standard creams. As with all items in the Clean Face Oil-Free Control Line, the cream helps you get a better handle on sebum secretion. Great for those with combination or oily skin.
How to use:
After washing face with your favourite cleanser, take a small (approximately 1/2 teaspoon) amount and massage into face and neck with your hands in a circular motion until cream is completely absorbed.
Comes in a square shaped heavy glass jar and has a bronze colored round lid. There is also a white cover to the cream beneath the lid.
19 USD for 50 ml
My personal Experience with The Face Shop Clean Face Oil-Free Control Cream:
The Face Shop’s Clean Face Oil-Free Control Cream is a very light moisturizer and a pore minimiser, both in one single package.Comprises of all the natural ingredients like liquorice, green tea, lemon making it gentle on your face and thus leaving that amazing citrus fragrance on your face. Very much recommended for combination to oily skin but worked absolutely fine for my dry skin as well. It does not have SPF, so I avoid using it during the daytime but an evening application definitely makes me feel very fresh.
Pros of The Face Shop Clean Face Oil-Free Control Cream:
- Very light and soothing on the skin.
- Absorbs really fast.
- Amazing fragrance.
- Good for sensitive skin.
- Does not break out.
- Removes the extra oil from the skin and mattifies it.
- It is non clogging, hence works well for the pores.
- Mattifies the skin which makes it look fresher.
- Quantity is pretty good, last a while.
Cons of The Face Shop Clean Face Oil-Free Control Cream:
- Container is not travel-friendly.
- The effect does not last for a long time.
- Price is quite high.
- The first product list in in Korean, had to peel it off to find contents in English.
- Not an instant treatment to your skin, takes time for prolonged effect.
- One has to use a scoop or fingers to scoop out the product, a dispensing pump would have been lot better. So tub packaging is a big no-no for me.
- Does not have an SPF and hence, not suitable for days under direct sun exposure.
- Availability is a problem, only available in Sephora stores. Online prices are nearly double.
Would I repurchase The Face Shop Clean Face Oil-Free Control Cream?
Yes, I might. It looks good for summers and for times when your skin needs a hard core regime after it has been abused with makeup for a long time.
The Face Shop Berry Mix Daily Perfumed Hand Cream – Promises Soft Hands without Parabens
The Face Shop Raspberry Roots Sleeping Mask
The Face Shop Wrinkle Repair Lipstick
The Face Shop Clear Away Spot
The Face Shop Cucumber, Olive Face Sheet Mask
The Face Shop Real Nature Lemon Sheet Mask
The Face Shop Rich Hand and Foot Total Treatment
Elf Duo Eye Shadow Cream Berry Mix
MAC Oil Control Lotion Review
The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion
Himalaya Herbals Oil-Control Lemon Face Wash
Clean and Clear Oil Control Film vs The Body Shop Tea Tree Blotting Tissues