Skin Type- combination to oily
Sensitive Skin – no
Honey black sugar name was tempting and the supportive comments by SA were enough to pick this unique scrub from The Face Shop. Not only scrubs are refreshing but they are staple in skincare regimen. Read on to know more about the scrub by The Face Shop.
Price – Rs 700/- (approx.)
• Mild Scrub + Blackheads Removal.
• Black sugar dipped in honey exfoliates while effectively removing blackheads.
• Ideal for Normal to Oily (non-acne prone) Skin.
• Main ingredient: Black Sugar and Honey Extract.
• Effectively removes dead skin cells and skin impurities while melting away blackheads
• Natural Honey that provides rich nutrition to the skin.
• Sub ingredient: Powder In Glycerin (Hot Emulsion System).
• Increases the skin temperature 4~ 5 degrees when applied on skin.
• Promoting cell activation & clarification by softly melting skin wastes and impurities in the pores.
My Experience with The Face Shop Honey Black Sugar Scrub:
The packaging is simple and effective. Though it is slightly big in size it can be carried along as it does not a fat bulky packaging. The flip top comes handy for in-shower usage. All details about the product are mentioned at the back of the tube. I like the cute picture on the tube as it gives the warm comfortable feel to the whole packaging.
The texture is very thick with lots of sugar granules in a gel base. It looks dark orange in color with lot of dark brown granules which remain like that while massaging on to the skin. It does not lather or foam up when it comes in contact with water. I am not a big fan of mild scrub and hence I really love the big granules in this which are not scratchy. The granules do not melt and hence you can rub your face as long as you feel comfortable.
It warms up super fast and might feel slightly disturbing when you are starting to use the product. I got scared on the first use as I did not want my face to break out or have any unwanted bumps. I massaged on for about 4-5 minutes and then washed off with warm water. There was a mild whitish layer on the face which takes a while to get washed off completely. It might be a bit messy so I use it in shower preferably.
This is one of the best face scrubs I have used so far and love it to bits. It gives a beautiful glow to the skin which makes you party-ready in 5 minutes flat. Am saving it for special occasions as I do not have access to the particular brand. If you have access to the brand then do not miss picking this up.
Pros of The Face Shop Honey Black Sugar Scrub:
Cons of The Face Shop Honey Black Sugar Scrub:
• Slightly difficult to wash off.
IMBB Rating – 4.75/5
Would I Repurchase/Recommend The Face Shop Honey Black Sugar Scrub?
Yes to both.
Lakme Clean Up Face Scrub
Himalaya Clear Complexion Whitening Face Scrub
VLCC Papaya and Apricot Face Scrub
Patanjali Apricot Face Scrub
Kama Ayurveda Brightening Ayurvedic Face Scrub
The Nature’s Co. Coffee Face Scrub
Green Tea Face Scrub: Do It Yourself
VLCC Skin Defense Indian Berberry Face Scrub