Don’t be startled by this revelation – our skin starts to lose its elasticity and suppleness by 1% from the age of 20 onwards. After 25, dead skin cells shed at a much lower rate and in the 30s, fat cells begin to shrink making the skin appear dull. In the late 20s, collagen and elastin production start to decrease and that’s when the process of fine lines and wrinkles start to show if proper care is not taken to maintain skin’s natural elasticity and suppleness. 25 is not the age when you think about growing old, but the signs of ageing start to set in and when you actually start to notice them, maybe it would get too late. So, 25 is the right time to take preventive anti-ageing measures. In this post, we list down 16 things every woman must do after 25 to stay youthful and preserve the smooth and supple texture of her skin. These tips will help you to stay younger for longer and your ageing process will be slow and graceful.
1. Use a Moisturizing Cleanse: Say goodbye to harsh cleansers that leave skin dry and stretchy because they will make your skin age faster by ripping your skin off of natural oils. It is always advisable to use milk-based cleansers (for dry skin) or mild cleansers (for oily skin). You can also introduce cleansing oils to your routine and use it before using any foam-based face wash. The double cleansing method actually helps you to remove all dirt and makeup without making the skin dry and stretchy.
2. Chemical exfoliator: As your skin starts to age, it is better to avoid physical exfoliation. Harsh and rough granules can cause skin damage and wrinkles. Try using chemical-peels containing glycolic acid and vitamin C which would remove dead skin cells gently and bring forth soft, supple, and bright skin.
3. Hydrating product: Along with a good moisturizer, your skin needs hydration too. Often lack of hydration fastens the ageing process. You must add a hydrating gel to your skin care routine 3-4 times a day. You can also use hydrating masks once or twice a week to get a quick dose of hydration.
4. Use a good serum: Unhealthy lifestyle and pollution often expose the skin to free radicals that damage our skin and age it prematurely. To prevent that damage, you must add antioxidants to your skincare routine. As serums are often loaded with potent ingredients and penetrate the skin fast, it is advisable to use anti-ageing serum at bedtime.
5. Try fruit facials at home: Fruits are loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and are definitely great for your skin. To get the best benefits of them, try a fruit facial ritual at home once in a week. You will get the benefits of fresh ingredients and doing it at home will help you to save both time and money.
6. Follow a good massaging routine: If you want your skin to stay younger, it is important to massage the skin regularly. Try to use a jade roller or a 3D Y shaped platinum roller to massage the skin. Keep such a roller in the refrigerator overnight and use it in the morning while sipping your favorite tea. The cool surface will relax the skin and the rolling motion would boost circulation. This in turn would help with skin renewal and the visible signs of ageing are reduced.
7. Drink Green Tea: Along with adding antioxidants to skincare routine, it is important to add it to your diet too. Green tea is an excellent detox tea that removes toxin and rejuvenates the body from within. Replace your milk tea with this and your body will stay younger for longer.
8. Eat Healthy Fats: You cannot have a fat-free diet just because you want to stay slim. It is important to add some good fats in your diet. Omega-3 fatty acid keeps your body fit and your skin radiant, but this does not mean you can grab a burger from your favorite fast-food chain. Try to eat healthy fats by consuming foods such as walnut, salmon, pumpkin seeds, groundnut, etc. Ghee and butter are also good sources of healthy fat.
9. Drink enough water: We often tend to forget about drinking enough water due to our busy lifestyle, but try to make it a habit and drink at least 3 liters of water daily. Set alarms in your phone and drink water at regular intervals. This will keep the body hydrated and helps you to prevent the signs of ageing effectively.
10. Practise Yoga: Yoga and meditation are excellent forms of exercise that anyone can do. You must practice yoga if you want to stay fit and flexible for long. Regular yoga practice also benefits your skin. Meditation keeps you stress free which keeps you mentally younger in a long run.
11. Realize the power of Retinol: Retinol is the strongest retinoid or vitamin A derivative available without prescription in the market. In the world of anti-aging or age-reversing creams and cosmetic products, it is somewhat of a gold standard ingredient. Retinol is actually vitamin A, and is perhaps the most ubiquitously-used chemical ingredient in the skincare genre. Retinol has proven effects on improving skin health by fighting off wrinkles, fine lines and age spots, making skin smoother, firmer, and making it even toned. Here are more details about retinol and how to use it correctly.
12. Avoid Using Soap on the Face: Say no to soap because almost all soaps rip the natural oils from the skin, making it dry, dehydrated, and dull. Use a mild and gentle cleanser, one which would match the pH of the skin.
13. Wear a Sunscreen Every Single Day: We have always maintained that sunscreen is a must-have product in everyone’s skincare routine because harsh sun rays can accelerate premature ageing, cause hyperpigmentation, and leave skin dehydrated. Look for sunscreens with zinc oxide and broad spectrum protection
14. Include Fragrance-Free Products in Skincare: Just like parabens, phthalates, and sulfates – “fragrance,” which is often added by skincare brands to increase the appeal of their products or to mask the unpleasant smell of active ingredients, is usually extracted from synthetic chemicals, and can irritate skin, penetrate into the skin and alter hormones, and trigger premature ageing. We would like to add that even naturally extracted fragrances are not good for the skin, they might cause skin irritation and dehydration on most skin types.
15. Look for skincare products with Ceramides, fatty acids, NMF (natural moisturizing factors), hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, and occlusive moisturiser to prevent premature ageing and to nourish skin.
Revealed – Top 7 Secrets to Stay Young Forever
Natio Young Camouflage Tinted Spot Cream
10 Tips that Bollywood Actresses Follow to Look Young
8 Homemade Collagen Face Packs For Younger Looking Skin
7 Simple Makeup Tricks to Make Sagging Skin Look Younger
6 Effective Ways to Exfoliate Your Face to Younger Skin
Diy Milk And Amla Face Pack For Younger Looking Skin