Every morning brings with it new hopes, aspirations, and also new challenges, and to face these challenges, you need to be fit and healthy, right? If you notice fit people around you, they seem to be following a strict morning routine which they do not compromise on. Fit people’s lifestyle choices also helps them to remain lean, svelte, and active. If you want to know what fit people do to stay in shape, you should begin check out their morning routine – so, here are 10 things fit people do every morning to remain energetic and dynamic through the day.
1. They Get Up Only After Getting 7 Hours of Sleep: Research underlines the importance of sleeping for more than 7 hours every day to remain healthy, fit, and to lose weight. Even if you are eating healthy and exercising every single day, you would feel lethargic without getting a good night’s sleep. Sleeping for only 4 or 5 hours per night triggers the production of ghrelin (hunger hormone) and lowers the levels of leptin (fullness hormone), and increases cravings for unhealthy food. Also, people who sleep for 8 hours lose more fat without losing muscle. Having a sound sleep also boosts metabolism and lowers the production of stress hormone. So, sleep your way to weight loss instead of binge watching TV shows or spending hours on social media which would disturb circadian rhythm, making it difficult for you to fall asleep peacefully.
2. They Sip on a Warm Glass of Water First Thing in the Morning: This habit flushes out toxins and rehydrates the body. You can squeeze in half a squeeze of lemon and one tbsp of honey too for added benefits and to keep weight in check. Having a cup of green tea after the glass warm water would also be great. Some people also drink methi (fenugreek seeds soaked in water the previous night). This is a popular weight loss drink that reduces bloating, improves digestion, heals constipation and helps with weight loss by improving lipid and glucose metabolism. Just soak a teaspoon of methi in 2 glasses of water overnight and drink the methi infused water in the morning.
3. They Do Not Grab Breakfast on the Go: They never grab their breakfast even when they are in a mad rush to reach office. Most of them prep their breakfast previous night – overnight rolled oats is a popular and healthy breakfast option. Also, most of the times, the food that you in a rush is usually unhealthy (processed breakfast cereals for example), high in carbs and sugar (bread and jam for example), providing little nutritional value to motor through the day – fit people eat mindfully and plan their breakfast menu ahead.
4. They Have a High-Protein Breakfast: We bet they love having eggs for breakfast. They utilize the morning time to have a filling, healthy, and high-protein breakfast. Breakfast is considered the important meal of the day and it is important to have it right. Include avocados, spinach, egg whites, oats, fresh fruit juices and even chicken in breakfast. Traditional Indian breakfast options like idli, dosa, poha are also amazing. Try to avoid refined carbs in the first meal of the day. If you love having breads, opt for multigrain ones or utilize almond flour or multigrain flour to prepare your own fresh bread at home. Fit people replace refined carbs with protein, which helps keep them full and satiated for long, it also boosts metabolism, triggering the fat burning process too. Here’s a list of “15 Food Sources of Lean Protein that Can Help with Weight Loss.”
5. They Sip on Green Tea: Green tea has made a prominent place in fitness lover’s everyday morning routine. If you want to shed a few pounds, you must begin your day with a cup of green tea to boost metabolism and to flush the body with loads of antioxidants.
6. They Get a Bit of Workout Done: They do squeeze in time out of their busy morning schedule for a bit of exercise – they go for an early morning job, or a bit of yoga or stretching. Instead of lazing around in the morning, they do sweat it out in the early part of the day. Plus, you are likely to burn more calories throughout the day, reason enough to not hit the “snooze button.” Getting an early morning workout will not only boost metabolism, it releases endorphins which are brain’s feel-good chemicals. If you see fit people happy and cheerful all through the day, this is their biggest secret.
7. They Step out and Get Some Sunlight: Various studies have linked vitamin D deficiencies with weight gain. Research has revealed that when sunlight (blue wavelength part) hits the skin, it penetrates fat cells and reduce fat droplets and release them out of cells. When these fat droplets are released, it would help you lose weight as well. When people come in contact with sunlight during early hours of the day, they have been found to have lower BMIs compared to those start their day late and do not go under the sun early in the morning. Allow lots of sunlight to come in the room during the morning. The morning sun is soothing and the light is beneficial for your body.
8. Include a Homemade Green Juice To Kickstart your Day: Flushing out toxins is such an important thing and having a healthy glass of green juice would do the trick, along with providing ample nutrition to the body. Now, here’s a recipe you can try – Blend together one whole lemon, half a cucumber, generous bunch of spinach leaves, one whole apple, bunch of green grapes, and one inch of ginger. You can also add celery stalk and kiwi to this juice. Drink the entire quantity in one go, do not store it for later use.
Most importantly, do not forget to declutter your thoughts, and start the day on a positive note. Start the day by clearing your mind and with a smile on your face. You should never be stressful in the mornings, music would put you at ease and help you sort out your thoughts. Put earphones on and sing along your favorite tunes.
Also, if weight loss is on your mind, check out the Rati Beauty diet that helps you lose pounds as well as inches off the waist without compromising on nutrition, all while eating the right kind of food (without practicing food deprivation).