Hope you all are doing well!
How many of you have Oily Skin? Even though some people do not have oily skin, they have an oily T Zone, especially people with Combination Skin. I fall into the first category of having an oily skin so I suffer from the problem of an oily T zone. T –Zone includes your forehead, nose, area circling the mouth and Chin. Usually T Zone tends to be oilier than the rest of the skin since it has a lot of oil glands.
An oily T Zone leads to more breakouts and clogged pores resulting in black and white heads around this area. And the problem of an oilier T Zone usually increases during summers. So we need to take care of this part of the skin very well to avoid the problems mentioned above. I am sharing a few tips that you can follow and include in your daily skin care regime.
So let’s begin!
• Wash your face 4-5 times a day using a gentle oil free cleanser. If you don’t want to use a cleanser every time, then you can just squeeze a lime in cold water and wash your face with that to get rid of that excess oil.
• Use a cotton ball dipped in chilled rose water and clean your T Zone with that at least twice a day-preferably when you wake up and before going to bed at night.
• Try and avoid using any heavy creams or make up products around this area. Prefer using light moisturizers and water based make up products for this area.
• Take an ice cube and wrap it in a muslin cloth. Rub this gently on your T zone every morning before applying any make up. You can follow this tip for your whole face as well to keep that excess oil away from your face for longer time.
• Use a blotting paper or tissues to soak that extra oil. I use it every 3-4 hours to keep my T Zone from shining!
• Use good antibacterial facial wipes handy in case you don’t want to wash your face again and again.
• Avoid using liquid foundations, use mineral powder based foundations for your T zone especially in summers.
• Do not avoid using a toner. You can either use Rose water, milk or lemon juice diluted in water as a basic natural toner. Keep them chilled for a cool refreshing effect.
• Use Aloe Vera gel to massage around this area before sleeping. You can use it all over your face as well.
• Keep your pores unclogged as much as possible by exfoliating using gel based scrubs or homemade oatmeal and lemon scrub. This is to keep those black and white heads away!
• Use clay mask on your T zone to get rid of excess oil one a week. Clay absorbs the excel oil making the area clean.
So these were a few things I wanted to share with you all. Hope they would be of some help. Let me know more ideas to keep that oil off my T zone!
15 Face Washes For Oily Skin
Makeup for Oily Skin
Summer Skin Care Routine for Oily Skin : Ask IMBB
Amway Attitude Cleanser for Oily skin
Best Moisturizer For Oily Skin
How to Treat Oily Hair
How to Apply Makeup for Oily Skin