Don’t we all love that silky smooth feeling of hair-free skin that you get after waxing? Since most of us are trying our hands at waxing, there are some things to keep in mind to prevent bacterial infections, ingrown hair, rashes, itching, scarring and redness which are common problems if no proper after-care is not maintained. Waxing seems to be a necessity we women cannot seem to let go of, but do take a bit of an extra effort, to prevent rashes, boils, and ingrown hair. In this post, we would share with you 10 tips to take care of skin after waxing. Once the waxing session is over, you need to be careful about the way you treat your skin. Your skin is in sensitive state and thus, here are some of the do’s and don’ts that you should follow:
But before everything, if you have run out of wax, here’s how you can make wax by using some basic ingredients like sugar and lemon.
1. Wipe off excess wax from your skin by using some cool water.
2. Treat your skin with ice or ice-cold water, soaked in a sponge puff. (If your skin is prone to sensitive, make sure that you keep some ice readily available. Ice reduces the chances of getting rashes. Massage a cube directly on the waxed skin and it feels great. If you cannot bear the cold that ice has to offer, let the ice melt on a spongy puff and compress your skin with it. I find this tip very effective and I have stopped getting rashes and inflammation ever since I started using it).
3. Massage your skin with a gentle, good-quality moisturizing lotion to avoid dryness.
4. Apply fresh aloe vera gel right after waxing and everyday for a week.
5. If your skin is prone to breakouts, apply a few drops of tea tree oil diluted with water.
6. Always wear a sunscreen while going out, right after waxing.
7. Do not use any soap or scrub for at least 12 hours after waxing.
8. Do not apply deodorant or body spray for at least 24 hours after waxing.
9. Do not exfoliate skin right after waxing or at least for a week.
10. Avoid hot shower for at least 24 hours after the waxing process.
You get certain brands that come with specialized products for waxing aftercare. You may like to check out if such products work for you. However, make sure that you go for reputed brands only and you also check out expert guidance and customer reviews before you invest in such a product. The most popular products come under the following categories: Soothing lotions and gels: There are brands that offer you gels and lotions that soothe your irritated skin and protect your skin from the attack of rashes and inflammations.