WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
How many of us are suffering from dandruff currently – me, I raise my hand first. Whenever I start to lose hair heavily, I immediately realize that the dandruff is back! I successfully get rid of dandruff many times, but then, its back after some months. Actually, dandruff is a scalp disorder in which excessive shedding of dead skin cells occur. It is accompanied by itching and dandruff not always but mostly protracts the hair fall condition. Dandruff condition fluctuates during seasons and often thought to exaggerate during winters. According to Wikipedia, for people with dandruff, skin cells that die and flake off are unusually rapid. In people suffering from dandruff condition, it takes only 2 to 7 days for the cells to shed as opposed to people without dandruff. These cells shed in a large and visible manner on the scalp, skin and clothes and that’s so unsightly!
Let’s check out some of the natural remedies to get rid of dandruff because some shampoos that are actually formulated to treat dandruff, aggravate the condition in some people. So, its best to rely on natural treatments.
1. Wash hair at least thrice in a week with a mild herbal shampoo or a dandruff shampoo that has worked for you in the past. Nizoral is a medicated shampoo, which you can try and see if it works for you. Oily and dirty scalp will aggravate dandruff condition.
2. Prepare this oil which not only gets rid of dandruff, it even gives you healthy and strong hair – Heat coconut oil in an iron utensil. Add in appropriate amounts of neem leaves, tulsi, aloe vera, amla, and curry leaves (it depends upon you how much amount of ingredients you want to add in). Let the ingredients simmer in the oil for 10 or 15 minutes. Take it off the flame and allow it to cool. Store it in a dry container. You can replace this oil with your regular hair oil and see the difference.
3. Make a paste of amla and tulsi leaves and apply it on the hair and leave it for 1 hour. Rinse it off hair. Do this for a few weeks and you will see that the dandruff would vanish.
4. Black pepper is an effective anti-dandruff agent. Mix 1 tablespoon of black pepper in a bowl of curd, mix thoroughly and apply to the scalp. Keep it for one hour and rinse off with a shampoo.
5. Mix 1 tablespoon of black pepper in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Apply it to the scalp for one hour and rinse it with shampoo.
6. Take a balanced diet consisting of vitamins A, B, B1, B2, B5, B6, and E. Also, consume food rich in zinc, iron, vitamin C.
7. Massage 2 to 3 tablespoons of lemon juice on the to scalp, keep it for one hour, and rinse it off. You can also mix 3 tablespoons of lemon juice in a bowl of curd and apply. Both lemon and curd are very effective against dandruff.
8. Soak methi (fenugreek) seeds overnight. Grind them to a paste in the morning. Apply this paste on the scalp and keep for 1 hour. Rinse it off the hair completely.
9. Add a few drops of lemon juice to rosemary oil and apply it to the scalp. Leave it overnight and wash hair in the morning.
10. Roast around 50 mg of khus khus and soak it in water/milk/curd for 5 hours. Apply this to the scalp and leave it for 1 or 2 hours. Rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
These are some of the simple tips that would help you get rid of dandruff naturally. Hope this helps 🙂
10 Tips for Glowing Skin from Kitchen Shelf
10 Tips For Healthy and Beautiful Skin
10 Superb Skin Care and Makeup Tips for Monsoon
10 Tips to Treat Brittle Nails
Easy and Effective Home Remedies For Dandruff- Do It Yourself
Tips to Get Rid of Dandruff