WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
How are you all doing today? I am doing great as the new week has started! What can be better than writing and watching movies! So today, I plan to just relax in my own way.
With so many products coming up every day, don’t you think that we lose the charm of the old ones? One such example is oil. Today a number of oils are available in the market from edible oils to facial to various essential oils! No doubt they all have their own benefits for our body and skin, but I sometimes feel that in this new rat race, our old classical heritage is being lost!
Yes, I am talking about one of our precious natural oils, i.e. coconut oil. When I was a kid, my mom used to massage this oil in my hair and also used to make some solution using this oil to be applied on the skin after bathing to get rid of the dryness since moisturizers and body lotions were not so much available back then.
We all are well aware of the benefits of coconut has on our hair and skin. Have you ever noticed long tresses of beauties from the Southern part of India? A lot of coconut is used in their daily diet owing and you can see the result in the form of beautiful black long hair. Also, coconut oil is very effective in treating fresh burnt marks and various scars.
Today I am not going to talk about the benefits of coconut oil rather I am going to share some quick tips to incorporate the use of this oil in your daily skin and hair care regime.
Hair Care Tips:
• By adding lukewarm coconut oil with some camphor, you can get rid of topical dandruff. Simply massage this mixture onto your scalp and bid goodbye to dandruff!
• Boil coconut oil with some crushed neem leaves until the water changes its color to light green. Let it cool for a while, after which gently massage this mixture on your scalp for dandruff control.
• In a bowl take a spoon of crushed sesame seeds, a spoon of crushed fenugreek seeds with coconut oil and keep it in sunlight for a few days. Use this oil to massage your hair roots to promote hair growth and reduce hair fall.
• Add some dried curry leaves to coconut oil and bring the mixture to a boil. This oil can be stored and used for reducing premature greying of hair.
Skin Care Tips:
• Coconut oil can replace your facial cleansers which contain a lot of chemicals. Take half a spoon of this oil and massage your face with it gently. Wash your face with lukewarm water to get a soft skin.
• If you are using coconut oil as a cleanser, then you don’t need a separate moisturizer afterwards.
• After bathing, massage your skin with a few drops of coconut oil . Rinse your skin well with some water. It works as a very good moisturizer for your skin especially in winters!
• At night, mix a few drops of lemon juice and glycerin with coconut oil and apply on your face. Massage gently till the skin absorbs the mixture. This mixture can also be used on your elbows and knees for extra smoothness and softness. Wash off in the morning and get baby soft skin! You won’t need a moisturizer the next day.
• Coconut oil can also be used for shaving. Instead of using a shaving cream, coat your skin with coconut oil and follow your regular shaving process. It will not dry out your skin and will also maintain the proper PH balance of sensitive areas without any side effects.
• Coconut oil can be used to massage your cuticles for whiter nails and a speedy growth.
• It can be used as a natural makeup remover. Just dab a cotton ball in coconut oil and use it to remove the makeup at night.
• Coconut oil can also be used to massage your under eye area at night which will help in reducing fine lines and tiredness.
• It can be used as a foot scrub by mixing a little sugar in it and rubbing your feet with it. The natural oil makes your feet soft by removing the dead skin easily.
• Coconut oil can also be used as a lip balm and as a lip exfoliator if mixed with some crushed sugar.
• The best use of coconut oil is mixing it with some baking soda and massaging this mixture to your skin. This works great for acne prone skin!
These are a few things I wanted to share about this wonderful natural oil. I hope you all will reap maximum benefits out if it!
15 Budget Beauty Tips
Banana Beauty Benefits, Applications And Tips
Travel Beauty Tips
Daily Winter Beauty Tips
Lemon Beauty Benefits Skin Care Tips And Ideas
Cucumber Beauty Benefits And Tips
Fashion Tips for Plus Size Women
Health and Beauty benefits of Coconut Oil
The Body Shop Coconut Oil Shine Review
Fabindia Almond and Coconut Body Butter Review