There is just one issue that the world is talking about – the highly contagious and infectious Corona virus. We all aware about the situation through print media, through digital medium, television, and of course social media. Also, known as COVID-19, this pandemic has put everyone on high alert and hygiene and social distancing have never been this important. Since there isn’t a vaccine yet for this disease, the best way to keep safe is by practicing social distancing and keeping hands clean by washing them at regular intervals. Everyone is concerned about their safety and to make it easier for everyone, we share some basic tips to follow during this difficult time and protect yourself from the virus.
1. The most important thing that everyone has been told to do is to wear a mask. Wear a mask in the correct manner so that you do not inhale the virus that gets transmitted if an infected person sneezes or coughs. More importantly, wear a mask to stop the transmission of the virus if you are a carrier.
2. Wearing a mask doesn’t guarantee 100% protection from the virus. You need to wash the mask frequently if it’s not a disposable one.
3. If you need to stock anything, stock on hand wash bottles. Carry travel-sized bottles even when you are stepping outside to fetch essentials.
4. Sanitize, sanitize, sanitize! Get hold of some good sanitizers and use it at regular intervals, i.e., after touching lift buttons, door knobs, glass doors, etc.
5. Do not travel unnecessarily because stringent lockdown has come into place for a reason. Do not travel for leisure or without any reason. It’s the best way to keep yourself, the family, and the community protected.
6. Do not make use of public transport, only when it is absolutely necessary. Refrain from touching the railings, seats with your hands. After getting back home, soak the clothes in detergent, and change over to fresh clothes.
7. Avoid personal contact. Do not shake hands with others, no fist bumps either, practice namaste, even a broad smile is okay.
8. Do not share your stuff with others, make sure your phone does not change hands.
9. Avoid public gatherings. You can socialize with your friends, meeting relatives much later when the virus has been completely eliminated.
10. Avoid contact with anyone who has a travel history to countries that have been affected by covid-19 the most, for example, Iran, Italy, China, etc. The number of cases with Corona virus infection have had a direct contact with someone with a travel history to these affected countries.
11. Avoid meeting people who are sick or show symptoms of flu.
12. Symptoms such as shortness of breath, fatigue, high fever, dry cough, runny nose etc., warrant a visit to the doctor to rule out corona virus disease. You can also contact the central helpline number to get in touch with the correct officials – +91-11-23978046.
13. If you know of someone with a travel history who is not yet in self quarantine for the stipulated 14-day period, contact health officials or your local municipality officials to let them take appropriate action. People with the quarantine stamp are not supposed to step outside, please make sure you have done your bit for the community by social distancing and by making sure others are also following the same.
14. Do not touch your eyes, nose, mouth, and face in general without making sure that your hands are absolutely clean.
15. Disinfect your house, from door knobs to the dining table every few days. Here’s the proper way to disinfect your home to make sure there are no viruses lurking around.
16. Always wipe your mobile phone clean with a disinfectant wipe. If there is no wipe available, take a tissue with a little sanitizer on it, and wipe the phone clean.
17. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water and fluids.
18. Boost your immunity level by eating these food items – here’s a list of 45 foods to increase immunity so that your body can naturally ward off infections.
19. Respect social distancing. Do not step out of the home unless it is absolutely necesary.
20. Wear gloves while opening courier packages and parcels. Dispose those gloves in a dustbin with a lid.
Most importantly, do not panic and indulge in panic buying because it will only make situation worse. Here’s the list of essential items that you can buy during the isolation time.
Also, invest in Rati Beauty app where those of you who cannot hit the gym can find easy ways to lose weight through diet programs and at-home workout exercises.