Headaches are the most common neurological conditions that may occur anywhere to anyone. They are the most common complaints and are widely treated with home remedies.
Any person under stress or suffering from any problem tends to have headache. They can be mild, moderate or severe pain that affects the whole head, a part of the head, forehead or the eyes. They can also be accompanied by other symptoms like nausea, vomiting, blurred vision, confusion etc.
Types of headaches:
The most common types of headaches include:
• Tension headaches
• Mixed headache syndrome
• Sinus headaches
• Cluster headaches
• Acute headaches
• Hormone headaches
• Chronic progressive headaches
Causes of headaches:
Some causes of headaches are listed below:
• Over work
• Mental stress
• Sitting too close to the television
• Deficiency of oxygen in the blood
• Nervous weakness
• High blood pressure
Home remedies for headaches:
• Make a strong tea and mix some lemon grass, ginger, cardamom powder and honey in it. Drink this herbal tea to relieve headaches.
• Chamomile tea works as a sedative and is equally beneficial for headaches.
• Rub pure lavender oil on the temples is one of the most effective natural home remedies to cure headaches caused by migraine.
• Mix eight drops of lavender oil and two drops of peppermint oil in two cups of cold water. Soak a wash cloth in this solution, wring it and apply on your forehead and back of your neck for about 10-15 minutes.
• Boiling water and add a few drops of eucalyptus oil or peppermint oil in it. c to cure your headaches caused by sinus problem.
• Having a glass of warm water mixed with honey and cinnamon is one of the most popular cures for headache relief.
• Having watermelon juice mixed with sugar is the simplest natural treatment for headaches caused by heat.
• Drinking ginger tea is one of the best natural remedies for curing headaches. Ginger helps reduce the frequency and intensity of headaches. Avoid having ginger tea before going to bed as it may cause sleeplessness.
• Take a liter of water and put a handful of rosemary herb in it. Boil water and inhale its steam to reduce headaches resulting from colds.
• Heat 1 teaspoon of almond oil. When it cools down, put two drops in each nostril to get rid of headaches.
• Cure your chronic headaches by eating an apple early in the morning for a week.
• For an immediate relief massage your head with rosemary oil.
• Drinking a glass of grape juice is beneficial in treating all kind of headaches.
Hope these tips help you to keep your headaches at bay.