Hello Gorgeous Gals,
Today, I have for you a stunning lip shade from “Too Faced.” I had earlier reviewed “Melted Ruby” and “Melted Fuchsia” from this line. On a recent trip, I added Melted Fig, Melted Violet and Melted Candy to my collection. This review is on the shade “Melted Candy” – the only shade yet to be reviewed.
Get the staying power of a stain, the intense color of a liquid lipstick and the high shine of a gloss in one long-wear formula. Using exclusive technology to keep cauldrons of molten lipsticks liquid and creamy, Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick comfortably coats lips in bursts of intense, high-impact, super rich, saturated color that lasts for hours.
- Too Faced Co-Founder and Creative Director Jerrod Blandino had never seen lipstick more beautiful, intense, rich and glossy than when it’s in its melted form in the cosmetic labs. With this inspiration, we created a lipstick liquified so it doesn’t lose its pigment or shine while keeping a comfortable, flexible and cushiony wear.
- Provides high-impact, super rich, saturated pigment in a long-wear formula.
- Precision tip applicator to allow for a clean, effortless application each time (no liner needed!)
Packaging: The lip stain comes packaged in a tube with gold detailing. The tube and the outer box it comes packaged in are both color coordinated with the shade of the lipstick, so it’s easy to pick the shade you want, if you have more than one of these. It’s an easy-to-carry product. The best part is that I have not come across any leakage with this. The tube has a sponge-type applicator on top (refer pics) through which the product gets squeezed out and applied. The brand has boldly put on the box “No Brush Needed” and the claim stands true!
My Experience with Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick – Melted Candy:
Color: The shade “Melted Candy” is described as a “bright fuchsia pink.” It’s a bright pink with hints of fuchsia. This one swatches quite neon but is more wearable on the lips. This is a hot pink, which is much more wearable than its cousin “Melted Fuchsia.” It drenches the lips in a delectable colour, I think this would look absolutely stunning on almost all skin tones and would be a great color, especially for college-going girls.
Texture: The stain is lightweight – gel-like. It kind of reminds me of YSL Volupte Shines, at a much cheaper price point. When applied, it has a wet glossy shine which kind of settles to a satin finish in 3-4 hours. There is little transference.
The sponge application takes a little getting used to. Using a lip liner would obviously make things easy; however, it isn’t a necessity.
Pigmentation: Pigmentation is fantastic, one light swipe deposits most of the colour. You tend to go over it more as a habit, than to build onto the colour. Actually, if you deposit too much colour, it will tend to transfer and slide. You don’t really need to go over and over.
Staying Power: The product lasted for about 7 hours on me, which is fairly long lasting. Even after the 7 hours, it still leaves a stain. It will not come off fully on its own – you will need to use a makeup remover for this. As mentioned earlier, it does transfer. However, the colour does not fade with the transference. It pretty much stays glued on. I feel, it’s just the extra bit on the lip which tends to transfer. You could easily blot it off.
To sum this up for you:
Pros of Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick – Melted Candy:
- A bright, happy and beautiful color.
- Lightweight texture – gel like.
- Excellent pigmentation – opaque in a single swipe.
- Not hydrating or drying.
- It applies smoothly and evenly – no tug or pull!
- Does not settle into the fine lines of the lips.
- Lasts for about 7 hours.
- No feathering or bleeding.
- Iconic packaging.
- Easy to identify the color from the tube itself.
Cons of Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick – Melted Candy:
- Not easily available in India.
- You need to get a hang of applying it with the applicator. Doing outline with a brush or lip liner would definitely help, but is not a necessary step.
- Transfers – you can control this to an extent by using less product. One tends to go overboard while applying, and that results in easy transference of the product later.
A 4.8/5 product.
As I mentioned in the opening statement – I now have 5 of the shades from this range. All, with the exception of Melted Fig, have worked beautifully for me. For some reason, Melted Fig, though a gorgeous colour, does not stay around much, neither does it leave a stain. Rest, all the shades leave a stain, as promised by the brand. This is a great product to have in your kitty and not very expensive either. You really must try it!
Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick – Melted Fuchsia
Too Faced Melted Berry Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick
Too Faced Liquified Long Wear Melted Ruby Lipstick For Intense Red Lips
Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick – Melted Violet
Too Faced Melted Velvet Liquified Long Wear Lipstick
Too Faced Melted Fig Liquified Long Wear Lipstick
Too Faced Melted Strawberry Liquified Long Wear Lipstick