This is the season of violets for me. Since Neha has already reviewed MAC heroine, I will move on to my next favourite violet from the much talked about Melted range from Too Faced. Melted Violet is creamy but soft and not cloying, the product itself is buildable but for a more matte look go in with a thin layer. This is one of the most gorgeous lipsticks I have. Not much of a liquid lip color person but this one was worth the try.
Get the staying power of a stain, the intense color of a liquid lipstick and the high shine of a gloss in one long-wear formula. Using exclusive technology to keep cauldrons of molten lipsticks liquid and creamy, Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick comfortably coats lips in bursts of intense, high-impact, super rich, saturated color that lasts for hours.
MORE TO LOVE:
• Too Faced Co-Founder and Creative Director Jerrod Blandino had never seen lipstick more beautiful, intense, rich and glossy than when it’s in its melted form in the cosmetic labs. With this inspiration, we created a lipstick liquified so it doesn’t lose its pigment or shine while keeping a comfortable, flexible and cushiony wear.
• Provides high-impact, super rich, saturated pigment in a long-wear formula.
• Precision tip applicator to allow for a clean, effortless application each time (no liner needed!)
Packaging: Like most Too Faced products, this also has a very girly packaging. It comes in a box with a tube inside. The gorgeous color shows brilliantly in and out of the tube.Very sleek and travel friendly.
Price – 21 Euros available in Sephora Stores in Europe
My Experience with Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick – Melted Violet:
Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick are actually completely matte(And I love matte lippies) so although they have the liquid-like texture of a gloss they settle down to a completely matte look. For people who want a lacquered look, it is easier to dab a little bit of gloss over it. The matte finish is actually quite wearable. So if you have drier lips you might want to apply clear gloss on top or at the least be sure to prep well prior to application. Once applied they did not move, migrate, or feather on my lips and wore for a solid five hours very comfortably. I find the formula applies very easily thanks to the very precise tip sponge applicator. They have a odd candy-floral taste and fragrance but it disappears quickly after you apply! If you are of a fairer complexion you will benefit from more of a purple tone from Melted Violet, if your complexion is deeper you will end up with more of a pastel pink/purple, which means lip liner is a must.
Pros of Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick – Melted Violet:
- Does not makes dry lips more flaky.
- Leaves a lovely stain.
- Rich and bold shade.
- Does not suck the moisture off your lips unlike other matte lipsticks.
- Sponge applicator helps in precise application.
- Very pigmented.
- Non-sticky in nature.
- Very easy to apply.
- Lasts for a long time and leaves behind a nice stain.
Cons of Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick – Melted Violet:
- Not available in India.
- This shade is more suitable for very fair to fair skin tones with blue undertones.
- The squeezy mechanism can lead to wastage of product.
- Has a fragrance and taste to it.
- Leaves behind a ring sometimes after fading off.
IMBB Rating – 4/5
Would I recommend Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick – Melted Violet to you all?
Yes, yes and yes!
Would I repurchase Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick – Melted Violet?
I think so and the other colors from this range.
Too Faced Melted Jelly Donut Liquified Long Wear Lipstick Review
Too Faced Melted Liquified Lipstick – Melted Fuchsia
Too Faced Liquified Long Wear Melted Ruby
Too Faced Melted Fig Liquified Long Wear Lipstick
Too Faced Melted Metal Metallic Macaron Liquified Metallic Lipstick
Too Faced Melted Velvet Liquified Long Wear Lipstick
Too Faced Melted Strawberry Liquified Long Wear Lipstick
Too Faced Melted Marshmallow Liquified Long Wear Lipstick
L’Oreal Hydrafresh Hydration + Antiox Active Night Mask-In Jelly
How To Make a Voluminous Doughnut Bun with Socks: Do It Yourself