Gone are the dark, dingy, winter days and here comes the season of spring-summer with bright colorful flowers. That not the only thing that’s changing. For me, the arrival of spring means the transition of my makeup into bold colorful looks and to accomplish just that is the new Too Faced Sugar Pop Eyeshadow Collection. This is a brand new release by Too Faced.
About Too Faced Sugar Pop Sugary Sweet Eyeshadow Collection:
Give eyes some sugar with our colorful palette of nine deliciously enticing, shimmer and glitter shadows in vanilla, chocolate and candy inspired hues that allow limitless, irresistibly sweet looks for eyes that sparkle and pop!
• Rich Pigments: Our exclusive true color, pure pigmented eye shadows offer rich color payoff
• Blendable: Our luxurious, silky smooth formula blends effortlessly for an airbrushed effect
• Step-by-Step Instructions: Includes our signature Glamour Guide with three looks to get you started.
• Paraben Free
• Gluten Free
My Experience with Too Faced Sugar Pop Sugary Sweet Eyeshadow Collection:
Too Faced nailed the packaging on this product. The outer sturdy tin case features colorful pictures of the most delicious and delectable macaroons. Inside it consists 6 of the most beautiful vibrant colorful shadows. There is no applicator provided but it does come with a step by step guide and a decent sized mirror.
These eyeshadows are very smooth to touch, except for the shade “Malted Milk Ball” which feels gritty due to the shimmer content in it. They are powdery but they are not chalky. They do kick up a little bit of powder when you dip your brush in, but not a whole lot like the Lorac shadows. They do generate little fallout on me, which I can avoid by tapping of the excess before applying the eyeshadows.
The pigmentation of all the shades in this palette is wonderful. Even the lighter shades in this palette are very pigmented and show up beautifully on the lids which is quite rare to see. The intensity of these shadows is easily buildable.
The eyeshadows in this palette is divided into 3 sets consisting of 3 shadows each. Most of the shades in this palette are shimmery or have a metallic finish with the exception of 1 complete matte shade.
Sweet & Spicy:
• Rock Candy- A light creamy beige shade. It does contain lots of shimmer which are not gritty and are not apparent when applied. This is a good highlight shade.
• Macaron- A beautiful vibrant peachy orange. This also does contain shimmer particles. Pigmentation is very good and is easily buildable too.
• Malted Milk Ball- This shade is the grittiest feeling in the palette and also generates the most fall out. There are a lot of chunky shimmer particles in it but they do not feel gritty when it is being applied on the eyes. This is beautiful deep chocolate brown shade perfect for using in the outer V.
• Strawberry Ice- This is a beautiful Lilac shade. This one is the least pigmented shade in the whole palette but it still does show up if you build it up. I use this to blend out harsh edges or as a transition color when doing purple/pink eye looks. It can also be used in the inner corner or brow bone highlight. This shade has a metallic sheen to it without a lot of actual shimmer particles.
• Sugared Violet- As the name describes, it a beautiful blueish purple/violet. This too has shimmer particles and has a bit of duo chrome effect. I love using this as an all over lid color.
• Blackberry- The only complete matte shade in the palette. It is deep purple/blackberry shade. Looks very good as a crease color and complements all other shades in the palette when mixed and matched
• Peach Fuzz- This is a nice creamy peach shade. This too contains some shimmer which is not very apparent when applied. This is a very good brow bone/ inner corner highlight shade.
• Bubblegum-A vibrant bright bubblegum pink shade. Pigmentation is good and it can be easily built up too. It has a silvery sheen to it without containing a whole lot of actual shimmer particles.
• Blue Raspberry- I was the most intimidated by this shade when I first got this palette but it quickly became my most favorite shade in the whole palette. It is an absolutely gorgeous light aqua blueish/sea green. Light shades like this are usually chalky and lack pigmentation but Too Faced got this shade made perfectly. It has very good pigmentation, applied smoothly and gives that beautiful pop of color and I love implementing and experiment with this shades in various ways.
These shadows do not crease on me at all and show up with full intensity even without primer underneath. My eyelids are pretty oily so these do tend to start to fade after about 4-5 hours, but I can totally avoid that by using a good primer underneath which I would recommend you do too.
Overall, I am totally obsessed with this palette. This palette is truly a joy to use and it encourages me to step out of my comfort zone and experiment. If you are looking to indulge yourself with the vibrancy of the spring season in your makeup, this palette is a must have..!!
Used Macaron in the inner half of the lid
Used Bubblegum in the outer half of the lid
Blended Bubblegum in the crease
Smudged Blue Raspberry on the lower lash line.
Used Rock candy and Peach fuzz as highlight.
Used Sugared Violet all over the lid.
Blended Blackberry in the outer V and crease.
Used Blue Raspberry in the inner corner
Used bubblegum on the lower lash line
Used Strawberry Ice as highlight.
Pros of Too Faced Sugar Pop Sugary Sweet Eyeshadow Collection:
• Beautiful vibrant colorful shades
• Good pigmentation even of lighter colors
• Little fallout
• Shimmer aren’t gritty or chunky
• No creasing
• Absolutely gorgeous and sturdy travel-friendly packaging
• Smooth powders, do not feel chalky.
Cons of Too Faced Sugar Pop Sugary Sweet Eyeshadow Collection:
• Only 1 complete matte shade which I don’t mind but something to keep in mind.
• No applicator provided.
Too Faced The Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette Review
Too Faced The Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette
Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eyeshadow Collection
Too Faced Endless Summer 16 Hour Long Wear Bronzer
Too Faced Amazing Face Skin Balancing Foundation Powder
Too Faced Primed Face Primer and MAC Prep + Prime Lip Primer
Too Faced Semi-sweet Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Collection Review, Swatches, EOTD