So, it’s University season, everyone is starting university here in London and so many girls I know are coming down here for their undergraduate degrees, from India as well as other parts of the world and one standard question that has always ended up in front of me (since I live out here) is, “what are the best places to go shopping in London?” So I thought, maybe you all lovelies out here also might pose this question at some point in your life. What’s better, than having it all down in a post? That is exactly what I shall be doing today!
So take notes!
1. Oxford Street/ Oxford Circus: Everyone who has visited London or has not, knows of Oxford street. But what they don’t know it stretches all the way to Oxford Circus. Here you will find all your high-street brands! All of them ranging from Zara, River Island, Topshop, H&M, Urban Outfitters, Berksha, Mango, Aldo, Clarks, Primark, La senza, Office, Jack and Jones, Vero Moda and many many more. And how can I forget, Selfridges – a fashion landmark by itself and my guilty pleasure (you will get all the high-end brands under this departmental store, I suggest you spend an entire day here and even that will not be enough).
Directions to get to Oxford Street/Circus – Easiest way to reach this place, take the central line on the underground (the red line), get off at Oxford Circus and walk your way through this place.
2. Regent Street: If you rather spend the day strolling in and out of Chanel, Michael Kors, Burberry, Banana Republic, Victoria’s Secret, Apple Store, Ted Baker, Longchamp – here is the place you would want to go. Also, do visit Hamleys – it is a joy to visit this store!
Directions to get to Regent Street – The easiest way to find Regent street because it is a bit of a confusing find – as you exit Oxford circus station, take a left and cross the road, it is on the left of United Colours of Benetton. When you see the Apple store, you are on the right path.
3. Mount Street, Mayfair: My favorite place in London for shopping, why you might ask, the Louboutins store is there, that’s why!! Selfridges, have them too, but if you are in London, their store is lovely, absolutely lush and luxurious! Other stores like Celine, Balanceiga, Oscar De La Renta, Marc Jacobs, Vivene Westwood, Goyard and many more. It also has some picturesque cafes, where you can enjoy a cup of coffee or hot coca as a refreshment! It has a beautiful garden there too, it is very tiny, but it is amazing to sit there during the summers after shopping for a while.
Directions to get to Mount Street – Okay, so it is really tricky to reach this place. The quickest way I would say is to reach Selfridges and walk towards Berkley Square (ask someone if you can’t locate it) and once you reach Berkley’s square, you will see a hotel on the right, that’s the right you want to take for Mount Street.
4. Knightsbridge: If you are in London and you don’t visit Knightsbridge, you have not seen London then (if you are a shopaholic like me). Here is where you can find Harrods. Everyone must be knowing of Harrods! Even if you do not intend to shop at Harrods, please please please do make a visit there, just to have a simple look or to enjoy some chocolate at Godiva’s own restaurant – all things chocolate, yumm! Other than that you will find all luxury brands here, ranging from Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Dior, Balanceiga, Gucci, Hermes, Tiffany and Co, Prada and much much more!! And while you are there, do visit Harvey Nichols, another luxury brand departmental store. Both these stores, stock everything from clothes, cosmetics, shoes, bags from your high end designers all under one roof.
Directions to get to Knightsbridge: Hop on the Piccadilly line on the tube (dark blue coloured), and head towards Knightsbridge station and you shall arrive at your destination. Am I reminding you off Monopoly? 😛
5. Westfield Shopping Centre: The largest shopping Mall in London! It is Oxford Street under one roof. So, if the weather is bad, which it usually is in London city, all you need to do is get here, you can have all the benefits of shopping under a protected roof. You don’t need to endure the rain, the cold, or sometimes even the scorching sun. All your brands are under one roof, Topshop and H&M’s to Louis Vuitton and Prada. And AND AND they are opening PINK by Victoria too there now! Yay.
Directions to get there – The best bit about this mall is that the tube station is literally on the same ground as the mall, how cool is that? So all you need to do is, sit on the central line (red line) heading towards Shepherd’s Bush, that’s all you do! Take the left from the exit and you are in Westfield. (There is also a huge westfield in East London, but it’s too far for comfort).
Hope you guys enjoyed this post! And feel free to ask me stuff about shopping in London or shops in London! I would be glad to help 🙂