Top Fashion Designers of India
Women have always craved for clothes. They can pick anything from a funkiest street side top to the most elegant night wear gowns from a designer showroom. To look different and beautiful is the motto. To boost up the beauty of women, we have the best fashion designers in our country. Here I am bringing into the limelight a few best designers.
1. Sabyasachi Mukherjee: I used to follow a reality show named “Band Bajaa Bride” on NDTV Good Times. On that show, this man used to give his exquisite designers lehengas and sarees to those lucky gals who were getting married. He is a man who believes that clothes should be an extension of one’s intellect. His hometown is Kolkata and he is 39 years old. All his designs are just enough to portray royalty of Indian culture.
2. Manish Malhotra: Who has not heard about this man? He has designed dresses for almost every Bollywood beauty. His dresses gained popularity both internationally as well as in India. His birth place is Westminster, United Kingdom. His designs not only comprise of ethnic wear, he is also a master of western dresses.
3. Ritu Kumar: Another biggie on the list is this lady. She was recently awarded the Padma Shri Award for her work in the field of fashion and textile. This achievement shows what skill she has in her domain of work. She began her career in 1969 and today she stands as one of the leading designers in the world. She is based in Delhi and has designed dresses for many Indian beauties and also for participants of international pageants many a times.
4. Tarun Tahiliani: recently in my city a designer showroom came into light. It has a collection of various designers including this man. I was not familiar with his name but when I went through his achievements, I realized he is one the noted fashion designers of the industry. He completed his graduation from New York and today his designer clothes are sold internationally. He is also settled in Delhi and has his own brand. He is an office bearer and founding member of the fashion design council of India.
5. Rocky S: He is a man who acclaimed his presence in the industry through his amazing work which turned heads of many people. You, must have seen Krishh? The super hero clothes Hrithik flaunted in the movie were designed by him. S stands for his surname singhvi. Frankly speaking, I did not know about it 😉
6. Neeta Lulla: She is a gorgeous lady herself and one of the best costume designers of India. The costumes of Aishwarya Rai in Jodha Akbar and Devdas were designed by this lady which no doubts were one of her masterpieces. Not only this, she is a winner if three national film awards for best costume. She is from Mumbai and is also settled in Mumbai.
7. Rohit Bahl: I am not talking of the Chennai Express director – Rohit Shetty ;-), I am discussing about Rohit Bahl. From his looks, you might feel that he is foreigner, but he is not. He is from Kashmir and now based in Delhi. He known as gudda in fashion industry. Recently, Sonam Kapoor walked for him at the India Bridal Fashion Week. You have a look at his work and you would be amazed to see the beauty and delicacy.
8. JJ Vallaya: He is a man who was one of the founder member and board of governors of fashion design council of India. He is from Jodhpur, Rajasthan and made a great impact in Bollywood through his costumes in Yaadein. His designs too are royal and one of the best among the other competitors.
So gurliees, simply following your favorite heroine to get her looks is not fair, look at the brain that worked to give them that gorgeous attire and look.
Image Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.
Top Ten Pre-Bridal Beauty Treatments
Top Secrets For Long, Thick and Shiny Hair
Top Ten Bollywood Actresses with Smoky Eye Makeup
Top 5 Bollywood Movies for Fashion Inspiration
How to Become a Fashion Designer
Fashion Designer Manish Arora
14 thoughts on “Top Fashion Designers of India”
*clap* they are totally the best
*haan ji* yes neha they are super awesome in their work
wow.. am so happy to read this post.. *happydance* My bro is going to walk on rmp for manish malhotra in end of september.. *whistle* *pompom* so happy to read it know.. *pompom* *oye balle*
*happydance* *clap* *happy dance* wow neetu your brother is so lucky to walk for such a reputed designer of india. congrats dear.
Nice list. Love the detailed information *clap* But you forgot Anamika Khanna, Abu Jaani and Sandeep Khosla, Pridarshani Rao, Ritu Beri, Anita Dongre etc. Sabhya, Anamika Khanna, Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla, JJ Valaya and Ritu Kumar are considered India’s fashion royalty.
*thankyou* saee. i guess ill have to repeat the list again covering all the names..
I just love sabhyasachi’s designs… his creations are like dream. even i was used to follow brand bajaa bride and wanted to participate in that serial. I have seen RockyS in dilli haat with model anamika…
designer collections are sometimes so awesome…. *woot* *woot*
*preen* thosr gals were so lucky to get those designer dresses neha. I have never seen any of them face to face… 🙁 i wish we also add up to our wardrobe a sabyaascahi attire soon *drool*
Yes *preen* *puchhi*
I like Masaba’s designs too. Personally I love Ritu Kumar Clothes and sorry m correcting you, that’s Rohit Bal not Bahl. Actually he is my favorite designer too so thought to correct !! Sorry again !! 🙂
hey manisha…no issues. you have every right to correct me… *hihi* *hifive*
amazing compilation Megha… band baja bride was an awesome show na… *hifive*
*thankyou* sahiba…i am eagerly waiting for its next season to start… *haan ji*