WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
These are some of the tips dermatologists across the world would vouch for. This post does not include any prescription medicine advice, it only includes some easy tips which you can include in your daily life to get normal and healthy skin. Whether you have oily or acne-prone skin, dry or combination skin, these tips would work for you. So, here you go with some very basic tips that dermatologists recommend:
Hina Khan has really good skin which is pink, clear and glowing. But they do consult dermatologists that suggest them the best tips ever. Don’t want to put in a huge amount in visiting dermatologist? Then read the tips from them here:
1. Keep your skin hydrated: This is probably a tip which every dermatologist would put a stamp of approval on. For all bodily functions to go on smoothly, water is a must. Sometimes when your body doesn’t get enough water (from inside), it shows on the skin in the form dry, flaky skin and numerous other skin problems. You must have heard this umpteen times, but mentioning it once more, drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Dermatologists say a majority of your skin problems would be alleviated by providing the body with enough hydration. Water helps to flush out toxins from the skin and body, drink as much as you can, I mean water!
2. Slather on the sunscreen: Dermatologists say that even if you are not stepping outside or even if it’s a cloudy day, you should wear a good spf sunscreen with broad spectrum protection. Nothing damages the skin more than harmful rays of the sun. You should be getting a healthy dose of vitamin D from the sun, but spare your face from that. Harsh sun has a cascading effect on skin problems – it would accelerate the ageing process and result in age spots, hyperpigmentation, etc. A good-quality sunscreen is your only savior.
3. Cut down on junk food: I am being really boring here, but dermatologists proclaim that cutting down on unhealthy junk food can help your skin a lot. You can have cheat days once in a while, but a healthy and balanced diet will show amazing results on your skin.
4. Pick up products according to your skin type: Always read the ingredients list before picking up a product for your skin. Avoid alcohol-based products for oily, acne-prone, and sensitive skin types. Pick up products with glycerin and moisturizing ingredients for dry skin. Always pick up “non-comedogenic” products for acne-prone skin and “hypoallergenic” for sensitive skin. Know the ingredients that are not suitable for your skin type and avoid picking up products with such ingredients.
5. Use clean towel for your face: You might not know but if you don’t change your towels frequently, it might spread bacteria and create problems for your skin. Do not share your towel with anyone else. Keep it clean is the mantra for clear skin.
6. Replace soap with mild cleansers/face wash: All those beauty bars with extreme pH levels can damage your skin. Harsh soaps can ruin the skin’s texture and cause dryness, allergic reactions, etc. It’s better to switch to mild cleansers and pH face washes that are gentle on your skin. A pH of 7 is the ideal level, however, soaps have pH between 9 and 10 and this might undo all the extra pampering that you are giving your skin.
7. Ask your doctor skin healthy supplements: Nowadays, it’s just not possible to get all the skin-nourishing nutrients through your diet alone. Talk to your personal doctor about it and get yourself some skin-friendly supplements prescribed by him/her.
8. Antioxidants: Try to include antioxidants in your routine – whether you take it internally or apply something topically, it’s hugely beneficial for your skin. Try some of the antioxidant face packs with fruits that we have shown you on IMBB. Antioxidants reduce the effects of free radicals, which are harmful for the skin cells. Free radicals can increase sun damage and it’s necessary to get your dose of antioxidants on a daily basis.
9. Do not squeeze your pimples: If you have pimples on your skin, do not squeeze them out. It will lead to scarring and further spread of bacteria. Leave the zits alone!
10. Beauty sleep: Your body and skin cells repair themselves when you are sleeping. Don’t deprive your skin off the benefits that a good sleep can give it. Dermatologists recommend 7 hours of beauty sleep in a day.
Turmeric Skin Care Benefits: Top Five Indian Beauty Secrets
Top Tips for Oily Skin Care
Top 5 Skin Toner under Rs 200
22 Best Skin Care and Makeup Solutions for Oily Skin
Best Pre Anti-Ageing Skin Care Tips and Routine
5 Easy Skincare Tips For Would-Be Brides
Lemon Beauty Benefits Skin Care Tips And Ideas
6 Regular Skin Care Tips
Winter Skin Care tips for Dry Skin
Four Skincare Tips For Perfect Skin
Top 5 Anti Aging Tips
List of Good Dermatologists in Delhi: Ask IMBB
8 Best Beauty Advice From Dermatologists
Dermatologists in Delhi: Ask IMBB
Image Sources: 1, 2, 5.