How To Treat Body Acne Scars
Whether you are a teen or an adult, body acne can torture your existence and make you spend sleepless nights thinking about the ugly marks the breakouts would leave on your body making wear low cut blouses and sleeveless tops an unattainable dream for you! Indeed, you can’t imagine flaunting your back or any other part of your body and look beautiful if you have these rash-like eruptions and scars scattered throughout. Last time, when I wrote a post on How To Get Rid Of Back Acne, I realized that it is undeniably a nightmare for most of us and the worst part is that they leave ugly scars, which are very stubborn and refuse to fade away even when the acne disappears. Hence, I decided to write this article on how to treat body acne scars.
How To Treat Body Acne Scars: Treatment Options
Topical Treatments: You need to seek the help of a dermatologist and invest in an ointment or serum which helps in improving the appearance of scar and fade them away in the long run. Often creams, ointments, serums and lotions containing hydroxy acids are known to work wonders for acne scars. Lotions containing lactic or glycolic acid are also known to help in treating acne scars. You need to be regular in the application on the topical medicine to reap the best benefits. You can also invest in salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide pads and use them for wiping the affected areas.
But, in case you want some more alternatives for one reason or the other, the good news is that you have a range of treatment options as far as treating your body acne scars is concerned. Here are the most prominent ones:
- Acne chemical peels: If your body acne scars are not very severe, this is a great option for you. Acid treatments are used for revealing smooth skin when prescription acne medicines and topical applications prove ineffective. AHA, TCA or phenol peels are most commonly used for the purpose.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing Technique: This is an intensive treatment which helps in reducing acne scars permanently. It is quite popular as a cosmetic procedure, which is known to be safe and convenient.
- Collagen injections: This treatment has only temporary outcome since collagen fillers are injected below the scarred tissue so that the scar is raised and a uniform look is brought about. You must however, seek an experienced practitioner for getting the collagen injected.
- Dermabrasion: It is a time-tested technique for treating body scars, in which a high speed brush is used for the removal of dead skin cells, thereby allowing new skin to develop.
- Body microdermabrasion: There can be different kinds of microdermabrasion treatment in which exfoliation has a major role to play. You must however seek the help of an experienced dermatologist since microdermabrasion can expose you to risks like bleeding and increased chances of infection.
There are also other treatment options like Punch technique, which is a surgery to loosen pitted scars, fat transfer techniques in which fat cells are transferred from one part of the body to another for treating acne scars and subcutaneous incision which is often performed under local anesthesia and such others. It is however recommended that you consult your physician before opting for any of these treatments so that you can get rid of acne scars in a safe and secure way.
How To Treat Body Acne Scars: Home Remedies
While you opt to treat acne scars with home remedies, you need to be very patient as they might take time. You can resort to two or more treatments at a time. Here are a few easy recipes you can try out:
- Try rubbing an ice cube on the affected area everyday.
- If you have dry skin acne, application of olive oil helps to reduce the visibility of acne scars. You can also mix neem oil with olive oil for more effective treatment.
- Take out a cucumber from the refrigerator, cut it into slices and place them on your affected areas. It helps in lightening acne marks.
- Dab some apple cedar vinegar on the affected area with the help of cotton and rinse with trepid water after twenty minutes. If apple cedar vinegar is not available, you can also use the juice of freshly squeezed lemon.
- Apply a paste of water and baking soda, wait for fifteen minutes and wash off.
- Direct application of aloe vera gel is very good for acne scars. You can also make a paste of sandalwood and aloe vera leaf and apply it on the affected areas.
How To Get Youthful Hands
How To Choose The Right Perfume
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
How To Curl Hair Without Heat – Rags
How to Become Fair Naturally
How To Minimize A Large Forehead
How to Wear Belts
How To Perm Hair
How to Apply Liquid Foundation using Flat Top Kabuki Brush
How To Choose Foundation Shade for Skin
How to Get Rid of Stains from Silk Clothes
How To Make Hair Grow Faster
How To Apply Cream Blush
How to Contour Face with Makeup
How to Straighten Hair
How to Highlight Your Face – Photo Tutorial
How To Do Pedicure At Home in 5 Easy Steps
How to Reduce Dark Circles
Veet Suprem’ Essence Hair Removal Cream
Temporary Methods to Remove Underarm Hair
Bikini-Line Hair Removal Tips
How To Get Rid of Facial Hair : Ask IMBB
How to Lighten/ Fade Acne Marks
Best Foundation for Large Pores / Acne Scars – Ask IMBB
Jovees Veg Peel Pack
Vichy Normaderm Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care
How to Reduce Scars
Top 7 Skin Myths about Acne
How to Reduce Dark Circles
Pimple and Acne Creams that Didn’t Work
How I Got Rid of Acne
How to Get Rid of Acne Scars