Are you really embarrassed about having to scratch your itchy scalp in public? Not only is it a source of awkwardness, but it can also be the reason for a lot of discomfort and hair loss. Picking the most expensive shampoo or going for the most expensive hair tonic may not always help. So, it is important for you to understand the cause that lies behind that itchy scalp of yours and treat it with some of the simplest remedies at your home.
Top Ten Itchy Scalp Causes:
There can be hundreds of causes behind your itchy scalp; some of the most common ones being:
1. Dandruff and scalp acnes
2. Dryness of scalp (or weather)
3. Hair lice
4. Sebaceous cysts
5. Too much anxiety and stress
6. Negligence towards hair care
7. Improper way of cleaning and washing your hair and scalp
8. Allergies caused by hair dyes and other chemical-based hair products
9. Fungus and viral infections
10. Poor diet
Itchy Scalp Treatment: Top Five Natural Oil Recipes:
1. Mix avocado oil, eucalyptus oil, lavender oil and German chamomile natural oil together and dab on the affected areas. You can make direct application in case of extreme itching sensation; else, you should mix one part of oil with four parts of water before application.
2. Tea tree oil, with its excellent anti-bacterial properties, is effective in treating itchy scalp caused by scalp acnes, scalp rashes, scalp pimples and scalp sores. Neem oil has fungicidal properties and therefore, it is also very effective in treating itchy scalp. Mix one spoon each of neem oil, tea tree oil and rosemary oil (with a carrier oil like olive oil) and apply it on your scalp regularly.
3. Two drops of peppermint oil should be added in a cup of water and your scalp has to be massaged gently with this combination; this helps to cure your itching scalp caused on account of dryness.
4. Mix olive oil, almond oil and coconut oil. Warm the mixture and apply it on your scalp to relive itches caused as a result of dandruff.
5. A combination of rosemary oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sage oil can be used for treating itches on your scalp.
Itchy Scalp Treatment: Top Five Natural Recipes With Kitchen Ingredients
1. Lemon juice is highly beneficial for hair and application of the juice of lemon is efficient in treating itches caused by dandruff. If you are not suffering from severe dandruff, try diluting lemon juice in water. Alternately, you can mix curd with lemon juice and apply it on your scalp
2. Mix one spoon of apple cedar vinegar with four spoons of warm water. Massage your scalp with the combination.
3. Make a paste of baking soda powder and water and apply it on your scalp. It is better if you can precede it with the application of olive oil.
4. Soak a handful of fenugreek seeds in water and leave it overnight. Make a paste and add some lime juice in it. Apply it on your scalp and wash off after one hour.
5. If your scalp itches because of dryness, treat your hair and scalp by mixing one avocado with two bananas. Leave it on for half-an-hour and rinse thoroughly. This remedy is helpful in conditioning your scalp and relieving dry itches.
Itchy Scalp Cure Tips:
1. Though you feel like scratching your scalp vehemently, do not scratch. This will only aggravate your problem.
2. Try to identify the reason behind the itchy scalp; this will help you to treat the cause efficiently.
3. It is vital for you to choose the right kind of shampoo. If your scalp itches persist because of dryness, go for a shampoo which helps to moisturize your scalp. If your scalp is oily, go for a shampoo which helps to keep your scalp squeaky clean by removing excess oil and dirt. If dandruff is the cause, invest in a bottle of a good quality herbal anti-dandruff shampoo suited for your hair type. . If you have lice in your hair, make sure that you get a medicated shampoo especially formulated for the purpose.
4. Go for the right kind of comb. Wooden comb is known to help you treat scalp itches and hair loss as it improves blood circulation to your scalp and the static created is minimal. Thus, it is always better to go for a wide toothed wooden comb if you want to stop breakage of hair and improve your scalp condition.
5. Pay attention to what you eat. Include Vitamin A (eggs, carrots, sweet potatoes, papaya), Vitamin B (whole grains, leafy vegetables, meat), Vitamin C (citrus fruits, strawberries, kiwi), Essential Fatty Acids (fish like tuna, salmon, sardines) and Zinc (nuts, sea food and poultry items) in your diet.
Home Remedies for Common Scalp Problems
Biotique Musk Root Pack For Hair and Scalp
10 Home Remedies to treat Chapped Lips
Home Remedies for Thick Eyebrows
Home Remedies for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Lip Pigmentation- Remedies for Pigmented Lips
Home Remedies for Menstruation Problems
Glowing Skin Home Remedies
Home Remedies for Cracked Heels
Dry Skin Care: Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Anti Aging Skin Home Remedies
Home Remedies for Bleeding Gums
Home Remedies for Blemishes
Home Remedies for White Teeth
Home Remedies for Sunburn