WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Limp, sticky, dull, greasy and lifeless. Do these words suit your hair condition?
Imagine your hair looking dull only minutes after washing them. It would be a nightmare for me. Afterall beautiful shiny hair adds so much to our personalities. Isn’t it?
Intense heat, humidity, pollution, improper diet, chemical hair treatments etc are some factors that accelerate oil production and thus cause oily hair problems.
More than anybody else people with fine hair have more problem with oily hair. This is because more hair brings in extra oil glands which produce the extra oil.
Tips to treat oily hair at home:
• Mix equal amounts of aloe vera gel, lemon juice and a mild shampoo and wash your hair. Rinse out this concoction completely. Use at least 3 times a week to see results.
• Mix mint into water and boil the mixture for about half an hour. Add this concoction with a mild shampoo and wash your hair properly. The mint will help to get rid of excess oil.
• Boil some carrots and then mash them. Apply this mixture onto the hair and leave it on for 20 minutes. Wash your hair with lukewarm water.
• Apply witch hazel to the scalp once or twice a week. Witch hazel acts as an astringent and helps slow down oil production.
• Beer rinse also helps to remove excess oil from your scalp. It will not only get rid of oiliness but will also make your hair shiny while adding volume and body.
• Use two tablespoons of vinegar mixed with one cupful of water. This helps clear any buildup from the scalp which causes oily hair to be weighed down.
Some do’s and don’ts:
• Drink at least 8 glasses of water on a daily basis in order to balance the production of oil.
• Avoid the use of styling products on your hair.
• Avoid using detergent based shampoos.
• Don’t wash your hair with too hot water.
• Make sure that you massage your scalp every week as this increases the blood circulation.
• Wash out every trace of your shampoo after applying it. Shampoo build up makes hair greasy.
• Apply conditioners only at the ends of your hair. If you apply it all over your scalp, your hair will definitely get oily.
• Avoid the consumption of oily food. Include fresh fruit and green and leafy vegetables into your diet for best results.
• Always use hair products designed for oily hair.
• Use a clarifying shampoo once a week to help thoroughly cleanse your scalp and remove buildup of oil and debris from your hair.
Hope these tips will help you to get rid of oily hair problems.
What do you do to keep your hair soft and shiny?