Limp, sticky, dull, greasy and lifeless. Do these words suit your hair condition?
Imagine your hair looking dull only minutes after washing them. It would be a nightmare for me. Afterall beautiful shiny hair adds so much to our personalities. Isn’t it?
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
Intense heat, humidity, pollution, improper diet, chemical hair treatments etc are some factors that accelerate oil production and thus cause oily hair problems.
More than anybody else people with fine hair have more problem with oily hair. This is because more hair brings in extra oil glands which produce the extra oil.
Tips to treat oily hair at home:
• Mix equal amounts of aloe vera gel, lemon juice and a mild shampoo and wash your hair. Rinse out this concoction completely. Use at least 3 times a week to see results.
• Mix mint into water and boil the mixture for about half an hour. Add this concoction with a mild shampoo and wash your hair properly. The mint will help to get rid of excess oil.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
• Boil some carrots and then mash them. Apply this mixture onto the hair and leave it on for 20 minutes. Wash your hair with lukewarm water.
• Apply witch hazel to the scalp once or twice a week. Witch hazel acts as an astringent and helps slow down oil production.
• Beer rinse also helps to remove excess oil from your scalp. It will not only get rid of oiliness but will also make your hair shiny while adding volume and body.
• Use two tablespoons of vinegar mixed with one cupful of water. This helps clear any buildup from the scalp which causes oily hair to be weighed down.
Some do’s and don’ts:
• Drink at least 8 glasses of water on a daily basis in order to balance the production of oil.
• Avoid the use of styling products on your hair.
• Avoid using detergent based shampoos.
• Don’t wash your hair with too hot water.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
• Make sure that you massage your scalp every week as this increases the blood circulation.
• Wash out every trace of your shampoo after applying it. Shampoo build up makes hair greasy.
• Apply conditioners only at the ends of your hair. If you apply it all over your scalp, your hair will definitely get oily.
• Avoid the consumption of oily food. Include fresh fruit and green and leafy vegetables into your diet for best results.
• Always use hair products designed for oily hair.
• Use a clarifying shampoo once a week to help thoroughly cleanse your scalp and remove buildup of oil and debris from your hair.
Hope these tips will help you to get rid of oily hair problems.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
What do you do to keep your hair soft and shiny?
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne