How To Treat Sweaty And Smelly Feet
Sweaty and smelly feet is a cause of embarrassment for those who suffer from it and considered to be a pain and nuisance by those who have to put up with the ones suffering from this problem. Whether you yourself suffer from this problem or you have your near and dear ones suffering from sweaty feet, here is an article on how to treat sweaty and smelly feet.
How to Treat Sweaty and Smelly Feet- Daily Routine
• Use a good quality anti-bacterial deodorant soap for the purpose of washing your feet. Dry your feet, properly with your towel, focusing mainly on in the curves between toes.
• A variety of antiperspirant foot powder is available in the market these days. Get one for yourself and dust some powder on your feet.
• Use socks that are made out of natural fibers like wool and cotton. It is best to avoid wearing socks made of synthetic fibers.
• Dust some powder inside your shoes and then wear them.
• Choose shoes made up of leather or mesh if you have to wear closed shoes. Otherwise, you can go for open shoes which will allow your feet to breathe. Peep-toes, sandals and such other shoes are extremely helpful. Actually, the point is- ‘let your feet breathe!’
• If you have a persistent problem of sweaty and smelly feet, absorbent liners can be used in your shoes. This will help to absorb sweat and thus check the odour.
• Make sure that you dry your shoes at the end of the day as sweaty feet tend to make your shoes damp.
How to Treat Sweaty and Smelly Feet- Additional Tips for Everyday
• Wash your socks frequently. Never wear the same sock for days; one day is enough for a pair. Wearing used socks makes your feet more prone to sweat and smell.
• Use an antiperspirant foot spray or deodorant on your feet before you go to bed every night. You will get up in the morning with fresh feet. You should also do this after taking a shower.
• Wash your feet several times a day with plain water. Use deodorant soap two to three times.
• Changing socks, if possible, the single circuit of the day can also be very helpful in controlling smelly feet.
• If possible, avoid wearing the same pair of shoes on consecutive days.
How to Treat Sweaty and Smelly Feet Through Homemade Foot Baths
Here are a few home remedies that you may like to try out in order to treat sweaty and smelly feet-
• Tea foot baths- Brewed tea has tannins that help in shrinking the sweat glands and acts as astringent. Put a few tea bags in a glass of boiling water and then, pour it in a tub of cool water. Soak your feet in it for half-an-hour! Sage tea is considered to be one of the best options for preparing tea foot soak as this soak can produce very good results. Your feet might look a little tanned after you get your feet out of the tea bath. There is nothing to worry as it fades off once you wash it with some soap and water.
• Vinegar foot baths- Add a cup of vinegar to lukewarm water. Soak your feet in it for half-an-hour. Do not rinse with lain water. Just towel dry the feet. Vinegar helps to fight foul smell effectively; no bacteria, no odour! Whether you use apple cidar vinegar or white vinegar, both are good.
• Salt water foot bath- Make a soak with the help of water and salts (preferably Epsom salts) and soak your feet in it. Just make sure you don’t have any open sores, injuries or cuts on foot, else it is going to be painful.
How to treat sweaty and smelly feet- other home remedies
• Crush some ginger and apply it on your foot to eliminate bacteria and prevent smelly feet. The toxins are made to sweat out and you would reap better results if you can keep the ginger for a long time.
• You can dust some baking soda on your feet to avoid sweaty feet.
• Extract out some radish juice, enough to make a footbath. Soak your feet to control foot sweat.
How to treat sweaty and smelly feet- other treatments
Various treatments are also available to treat sweaty and smelly feet. Some of them are-
• Muscle relaxing toxins- It is a novel way of treating excess sweating problems on areas like feet and armpits by means of injections.
• Iontophoresis- It is a non-invasive treatment and makes use of mild electric current to treat excessive sweating.
• Topical applications- Various gels and solutions are available for treating sweating on feet.
• Medicines- Homeopathy medicines are known to be effective in treating sweating on feet in the long term.
Easy Foot Care Tips for Happy Feet
Monsoon Footwear and Foot Care
Paraffin Wax Treatment for Hands & Feet
Home Remedies for Cracked Heels
Remedy For Sweating of Feet
7 Common Foot Ailments- Causes, Remedies and Exercises
How to Get Rosy, White Feet
How To Do Pedicure At Home in 5 Easy Steps