Today, I am not reviewing a product but would be sharing some information on peplum dresses and its latest craze among celebrities. I was mesmerised seeing Rati wear a blue peplum dress in one of her outfit posts, so wanted to know more about this garment and when I started with my research, I was astonished to see how celebrities adored this trend. Presenting a small compilation on the same:
What is a Peplum Dress?
Peplum was introduced in the 19th century. They are an extra material that is sewn on tops, pants or skirts to provide the illusion of curvy hips or waist. This trend had its heydays in the 40’s and 80’s and now it’s back to the stage runway which is expected to be in the wardrobe of women anytime soon. With peplums, you don’t need to accessorize much, so you won’t end up looking too busy which may put your peplums away from the attention. With the variety of versatile peplum dresses to choose from, there’s always the design and color, there’s always something for everyone. (source: Google).
Celebrities in Peplum Dresses:
1. Kate Middleton:
This duchess of Cambridge needs no introduction. After Princess Diana, she has carried the legacy of style, poise and fashion, moving high in the royal family. Check out her nude beaded peplum dress by Mathew Williamson.
2. Anne Hathaway sporting a long white peplum dress during the premiere of Batman.
3. Carmen Electra wearing a chic pink peplum dress and a pair of towering, strappy gold Louboutins, this ex-Babywatch star looked amazing. Carmen is clearly dressed to impress with her attention-grabbing earrings and glamorous bun.
4. Lady Gaga is known for her bold fashion statements and extravagant get-ups. Lady Gaga actually looks sweet and chic on her “Born This Way Ball” tour in New Zealand rocking an Antonio Beradi Fall 2012 sleeveless peplum dress.
How can our desi beauties be left behind in flaunting something as sexy as a peplum. Here’s a list of our Indian beauties who were seen wearing this dress on different occasions:
1. Sonam Kapoor:
Glam Diva Sonam Kapoor had started the Peplum Fab in India long before it took rounds in Hollywood celeb circuit. She scorches the fashion scene with her impeccable style.
Sonam Kapoor was recently spotted in a peplum dress designed by Jelin George at L’Oreal Paris Femina Women Awards 2012.
2. Freida Pinto was seen in a Michael Angel’s do at the Cannes Film Festival 2012. The pink satin skirt with a peplum effect looked very sophisticated and elegant and a high slit added to the glamour.
3. Pareenita Chopra. I find her to be the girl next door. With minimal make up and minimal tantrums, this lass is set for a big innings in bollywood. Check out her neon pink peplum skirt.
3. Deepika Padukone. She looks elegant in this satin peplum off-shoulder dress. I love the way the peplum is highlighting her waist. A nude clutch and black heels complete the ensemble. Her half-tied hair frame her bare neck and shoulders.
4. Neha Dhupia. Check out the n*de peplum dress Ms. Dhupia is wearing. An updo, peep-toe pumps and a Lady Dior bag completed her look.
Tell me what you feel about the latest peplum trend buzzing alike in Hollywood and Bollywood?