TRESemmé is a hair care brand that has been around for around 60 years and has now made an entry into India. They are being used in hair salons worldwide, especially to repair hair damaged by heat treatments like ironing and blow drying.
The ranges available in India are Climate Control, Smooth n Shine and Hair fall Defense. This range claims to protect your hair from the weather by creating a barrier of Keratin and olive oil, so that you are free to style your hair, the way you want, without worrying about frizz.The Climate Control range has the following products:
• Climate Control Shampoo.
• Climate Control Conditioner.
• Climate Control Mousse.
• Climate Control Finishing Hairspray.
Rs. 64 for 100 ml
• Climate Control Complex with keratin and olive oil.
• Salon performance.
• Prevents frizz all day long.
• Keratin and Olive oil creates barrier between hair and weather.
• Smoothes hair cuticles.
• Leaves strands shinier and more vibrant.
• Preps hair for styling, so that your look will last all day, despite uncertain
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone and Amodimethicone and PEG-7 PropylHeptyl Ether and Cetrimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Chloride, Perfume, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Methyl Paraben, Disodium EDTA, Lactic Acid, Lysine Hydrochloride, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Ethyl Hexyl Methoxy Cinnamate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone
My take on TRESemmé Climate Control Conditioner:
If you’ve read any of my hair care product reviews before, you’ll know that my hair’s biggest enemy is frizz. Hence, the moment I saw the words ‘For Frizz Prone Hair’ on the bottle, I was hooked. The conditioner comes in a simple white bottle, with a black flip-open cap. Apparently, this is the only product in the range that is white, everything else is black.
Directions Of Use:
1. Start with a TRESemmé Climate Control Shampoo.
2. Apply an adequate amount of conditioner from mid lengths to the ends and work anything that’s left on the roots.
3. Run a wide toothed comb from roots to ends to fully detangle and coat hair strands.
4. Leave on for 2-3 minutes and rinse thoroughly. Follow through with TRESemmé Climate Control Mousse for added humidity resistance and seal your style in all day with TRESemmé Climate Control Finishing Spray.
The product is thick and creamy and I need quite a bit to coat my mid-length hair. It has a very, very mild fragrance, which might be good for those who are put off by strong scents. It is easy to wash off, and doesn’t leave behind any residue. I have give credit to this conditioner for making a good improvement to my frizz. My biggest problem is frizzy hair on the crown of my head, making me look like I’m perpetually in a state of shock. This conditioner has improved (not solved) this problem to a large extent. Even by the next day, my hair looks more ‘controlled’, even in the humid and uncertain weather we’ve been having.
One problem I face with the conditioner, is that didn’t help much in the detangling department. I still needed a serum to get through my hair after it was completely dry. So, my hair appears smooth from the outside, but, it’s not so soft or easy to comb through from the inside.
Pros of TRESemme Climate Control Conditioner:
1. Reasonably priced.
2. Easily available.
3. Simple, easy to use bottle.
4. Leak proof and travel friendly.
5. Mild fragrance.
6. Easy to wash off.
7. Frizz is controlled to a large extent, even in humid weather, next day as well.
Cons of TRESemme Climate Control Conditioner:
1. Contains Parabens
2. Slightly more than usual is required to coat hair completely
3. Doesn’t do a good job of detangling hair.
4. Hair doesn’t feel very soft, even though it looks smooth.
This conditioner perfroms what it claims, it smoothes frizz. A very few conditioners have had any kind of effect on my frizz so far. For someone who has a mild-frizz problem, this conditioner would work wonders. If only, it didn’t have parabens and if it detangled hair efficiently, it would have been perfect!
TRESemme Heat Tamer Protective Spray
Tresemme Smooth and Shine Shampoo Review
Tresemme Heat Defence Styling Spray Review
TRESemme Thermal Recovery Intense Repair and Rehydration Masque Review
TRESemme Thermal Creations Volumizing Mousse
Clarins HydraQuench Cream For Normal To Dry Skin
23 Best Foundations for Indian Bridal Makeup
Fab India Aloe Vera Protein Conditioner Review
Clinic Plus Soft And Silky Cream Conditioner Review
Garnier Fructis Silky Straight 24/7 Strengthening Conditioner