When it comes to weight loss, don’t we get to hear the word “metabolism” mentioned every now and then, and how we should find every little way to boost the metabolism to burn as many calories as possible to drop the pounds and get to the goal weight asap. But what’s the fuss about metabolism and how can you find ways to rev it up? Metabolism is that engine which torches calories in your body. Metabolism is the mechanism which takes place inside your body that converts calories (made available through food) into energy form. This mechanism is at work even when you are resting, sitting, and even sleeping and needed to produce energy for all bodily functions. The energy your body uses for these basic functions is called your basal metabolic rate. The rate at which you burn calories at rest is called “resting metabolic rate” (RMR). So, metabolism is important to burn all those extra calories and to get to the fat stores to make you feel lighter. Now, in this post, we will list down 21 tricks to boost your metabolism.
How Metabolism Helps with Weight Loss?
When someone’s metabolism is good or high, it means they are burning more calories, even at rest. If someone can eat all they want and still ward off any weight gain, their robust metabolism probably needs all the credit. A minimum amount of calories is required per day to run all the body functions smoothly, and when you drop the supply of essential calories, the body lowers metabolism in order to save energy. It’s important to keep metabolism high, in order to lose weight steadily.
21 Tricks to Boost your Metabolism:
1. Drink Lots of H2O: Everyone says you should drinks loads of water, not only for beautiful skin, but to boost weight loss too because studies have revealed that adequate water can increase metabolism rate up to 30%! So, grab that water bottle right now!
2. Drink Coffee: Avoid the creamer in your cuppa coffee, and take a liking for black coffee because the caffeine content not only stimulates lipolysis (fat burning process), keeps you active, it also boosts metabolism.
3. Sleep for at least 7 hours: There’s a direct link between sleep deprivation, low metabolism and weight gain. Sleep at least for 7 to 8 hours, and wake up with a super high metabolism.
4. Sip on Green Tea: Loaded with antioxidants called catechins, green tea increases energy expenditure, aka metabolism, and can help burn up to 3 to 4% more calories.
5. Don’t starve: Crash dieting can completely lower and slump down the metabolism because it sends the body into a starvation mode, and instead of using fat stores, the body burns muscle tissue and triggers storage of fat at a faster rate whenever calories are available.
6. Cinnamon: When this spice is used in moderation (excess can cause toxicity), it can cause thermogenesis and also increase fat burning and metabolism.
7. Amp up vitamin B levels: B vitamins help convert carbs, fats, and protein into energy form and a deficiency of B vitamins does affect metabolism.
8. Include Anise in Diet: This spice has trace essential mineral manganese which is needed to power up metabolism.
9. Cayenne Pepper: The compound capsaicin, boosts the fat-burning process, causes thermogenesis, and amps up metabolism.
10. Eggs: Eggs are considered superfood and contains a lot of nutrients including protein and vitamin D that keep the metabolism high.
11. Green leafy vegetables: Green leafy veggies are great for someone on a diet because they are low in calories, rich in fiber, and improve metabolic activity.
12. Practice NEAT activities: NEAT stands for non-exercise activity thermogenesis and is the energy we use for everything we do in our day-to-day life except for when we are sleeping or exercising. Using the stairs instead of the lift, squatting on the floor to lift something up, walking while talking on the phone, every activity we do while being on our feet, comes under NEAT. All these activities help to burn some amount of calories and these bits of calories spent here and there, add up to a considerable amount when you are trying to lose weight.
13. Thermogenic food: Every morsel of food raises heat in the body in order for digestion to take place, but certain foods raise more temperature compared to others. Thermogenic foods increase energy expenditure in the body through the process of thermogenesis where the body actually burns more calories to breakdown such food, converting these calories to heat form. The thermic effect of food is the amount of energy required to actually digest and process food. Thermogenic food raise your body temperature and more calories get burnt to digest and process them. Ginger, chillies, garlic, turmeric are a few examples of thermogenic food.
14. Drink Cold Water: Some research studies have established that drinking up to 6 glasses of cold water can raise the metabolism by 50 calories.
15. Get up on your Feet: Nothing can help metabolism as much as being on your feet for most part of the day. In fact, being inactive or spending the day in a sitting position can cause switch off of an enzyme that is essential for fat burning.
16. Eating at fixed times: Eat at regular intervals to prevent metabolism from slumping down. Find the right meal and snacking schedules on Rati Beauty Weight Loss diet on the Rati Beauty app.
17. Say no to stress: Anxiety and stress can keep you from having a good night’s sleep and lack of quality sleep can directly affect metabolism.
18. High-Fiber Diet: A diet rich in fiber keeps you full for longer, and keeps the metabolism kicking.
19. High-Protein Diet: Just like a high-fiber diet, protein too is important in weight loss because it boosts metabolism.
20. Amp up Calcium: Calcium can be found in ample amount in dairy products, green leafy vegetables, whole grains, etc., and it tells your body to amp up the metabolism and burn excess calories.
21. HIIT: High Intensity Interval Training with Rati Beauty Weight Loss diet can unlock your door to weight loss by firing up the metabolism.
Find out more such ways to boost metabolism on Rati Beauty app.