November month is coming to an end now. Time passes by soo quickly and we have already arrived almost at the end of the year. This is the time when my planning for the next year starts related to my work and where I want to see myself a few years after. Anyways coming to today’s review, I picked up two Maybelline Lip Polishes; have already reviewed Glam 1 here and now is the time for the other one that is Glam 5. Let’s see whether it faired similar to Glam 1 for me.
Price: INR 450 for 5 ml.
What Does Maybelline Claim About Maybelline Lip Polish?
A trio of Concentrates:
- Potent Color Extracts: Pure saturated color pigments that provide deep, intense color like a lipstick.
- Concentrated Liquid Balm: Moisturizing liquid conditioning balm gets the lips ready for intensely rich color. Gives a soft cushiony feel and care to the lips.
- Glossy Shine Serum: Built-in glossy top-coat, that makes lips look fuller and more luscious.
Specially designed leaf-shaped applicator which makes application quick and precise.
Instructions For Use: Apply lip color with applicator wand starting in the center of your upper lip. Work from the center to the outer edges of your lip, following the contours of your mouth. Then glide across the entire bottom lip.
My Experience With Maybelline Lip Polish Glam 5:
These cuties have been in trend quite lately, so I picked up 2 of these, as I was out of glosses. The lip polish comes in a small square shaped bottle. The bottle has a small lipstick bullet just to make the packaging look good and I love how it looks. We have many ranges Pop and Glam in these which covers almost all the shades needed. It is handy and fits anywhere.
The shelf life is pretty long that is 3 years because we don’t apply glosses every day except for if you are a hardcore lip gloss fan. Maybelline is one of the most affordable drugstore brands so no issue with the price because this will go for years. The shade called Glam 5 but I wish they had some names to relate to.
The colour is great for office wear and it is a sober pinkish berry shade. Not much on the purple side, it is kind of a mauve shade with a blend of pink and purple. The pigmentation is amazing and it is not sheer. A good 2 swipes are required to get the shade on the lips. It has some micro shine particles which are not big enough to be called shimmers. These micro shine particles help to give you that dazzling glossy look.
The shade is something that you can wear anywhere and everywhere. For people who don’t like extreme purple, this is a good alternative, since there is that pinkish hint in the gloss. It is wearable for any time, be it night or day, special occasions or every-day.
It did make my lips look fuller and luscious as claimed and they look very proper in shape too. It does give a boost of hydration to the lips and they will never feel dry at all. It is non sticky unlike those other glosses than make your mouth stick together; nor does it feel heavy on the lips. It gives a dazzling sparkly shine that stays till the gloss stays. It settles in fine lines at times, but you will notice it only when observed very closely.
The wand has some small lines but that creates lines on your lips when you apply the gloss. It stayed on my lips for 3 to 3 and half hours without meal and I think that is pretty reasonable for a gloss. And then touch-up is required to get that berry colour again. I feel these are awesome and all of you should give them a chance to prove themselves!
Pros Of Maybelline Lip Polish Glam 5:
- Comes in such an innovative packaging with a lipstick shape in the bottle
- A huge variety of shades to select from the range
- The shade is a nice pinkish berry color; not exactly purple but a blend of purple and pink
- It gives fullness to the lips and makes them look luscious as stated
- It is a nice office wear shade and it brightens up the face too
- The shade suits the night-time and the day-time look as well
- The shade has a very good pigmentation and looks exactly same on the lips as in the bottle
- The gloss is not sticky and does not feel heavy on the lips
- It gives a dazzling shine which stays on till the gloss stays; it has those micro shine particles which are not exactly those big shimmers that we don’t like
- It stays for around 3 hours without food; gradually the color goes away hour after hour
- The shade is very pretty and everyone can carry it
- It keeps the lips hydrated for a long time
Cons Of Maybelline Lip Polish Glam 5:
- It has shimmer particles which will not harm you when you apply; but as the gloss goes you will see minute shimmers on your lips
- It settles a little in the fine lines on your lips
- I wish they had some names
- The wand has some lines so those lines appear on your lips as well when you apply; you have to bid your lips a few times for an even look
Will I Repurchase/Recommend Maybelline Lip Polish Glam 5?
Yes definitely. My mom loves such shades and she is more into lipsticks but she has loved this gloss; so I am sure she will make me buy it again. Totally recommended for all who are looking for a gloss that fits into budget and who love those pinkish berry shades.
IMBB Rating: 4.8/ 5.
Conclusion: These lip polishes from Maybelline are great for every day use. They have beautiful shades and they aren’t sticky like the other glosses. Have a craze for sparkly glosses? Then get one from the glam range and you will love it 🙂
Maybelline Lip Polish – Pop 5
Maybelline Lip Polish Glam 9
Maybelline Lip Polish Glam 2, Glam 3 – Day to Night Makeup and Outfits!
Maybelline Lip Polish – Glam 14
Maybelline Lip Polish – Pop 6
Maybelline Lip Polish – Glam 7
Maybelline Lip Polish Glam 2, Glam 13 – Day to Night Makeup and Outfits!
Maybelline Color Elixir Lip Color – Petal Plush