Just no time for an early morning workout? Calm down girl because we got your back! There are so many exercises to do right before your bed-time, and according to a recent study individuals who perform exercise right before hitting the bed had benefits similar to individuals who had early morning workouts! So the good news is that there are plenty of workouts to incorporate in your night-fitness routine and the best part you get to sleep like a baby!
1. Stairs: Take the most advantage of your stairs! To push yourself, set a goal of 500 stairs in your fitness band. Stairs is a cardiovascular form of exercise and it will help you lose weight quickly. Climbing stairs help to tone your leg muscles and would also help to melt away cellulite and tone your abs. Increase your steps after every 3 days to push your body from comfort zone and you’ll be amazed with the results!
2. Squats: Make friends with squats! This exercise is officially made for women! Believe me, it makes the body a lot more feminine and attractive. This workout also increases your strength level. Set a target of at least 100 squats. Once your body gets comfortable, add some weight to spice up your routine. You can use any heavy object like a water bottle and dumbbells.
3. Jump squat: They are just squats with a jump! Trust me, this one burns a lot more calories than the classic squat. Keep a target of 50 and gradually increase the number. This is a high intensity workout and you will surely feel the burn that you are craving for! A piece of advice – wear a stretchy pair of leggings!
4. Running: Nothing can beat the most traditional way to lose weight! Running! It has undoubtedly a lot of health benefits and if you are consistent, be prepared to see results in no time! If you’re a beginner and running is not something you’re comfortable with, begin with walking-jogging and finally take to running. Take things easy. Don’t push too hard. You can run in your nearest park, your building terrace, or any other area. 15-20 minutes can change your entire wardrobe, worth a try!
5. Push ups: Struggling with arm fat? Then this exercise is for you! If you are unable to perform push-ups, simply touch your knees on the floor and perform push-ups. This is called assisted push-up and as your strength builds up, you will be able to do regular pushups, just like Priyanka Chopra Jonas!
6. Plank: Plank is an excellent exercise to lose fat around your stomach. It strengthens the core and tones arms and legs. Begin with 30 seconds of plank and gradually go up to 3 to 4 minutes.
7. Yoga: There is no time for yoga through the day, yes you can do yoga right before bedtime if you have no other time. All you need is a yoga mat and some asanas! Simply find some yoga moves on the internet and keep moving! Celebrities like Shilpa Shetty Kundra and Kareena Kapoor Khan swear by yoga to keep them fit!
8. HIIT: Left with some energy and don’t know where to spend it? HIIT workout is what you need, there are so many workouts to add to your HIIT workout routine like:
1. Jump squat- 10
2. Push up- 10
3. Plank- 30 seconds
4. Toe touches-10
5. Lunges- 10 each leg
6. Jumping jack- 10
7. Jump rope- 1 minute
Repeat 3 times. Regular HIIT workout will help you slim down within just two months!
9. Pilates: This form of exercise will not only tone your body, it will improve flexibility, posture, strengthens your muscles and helps you lose weight. Pilates is an all-time favorite of celebrities like Malaika Arora, Sara Ali Khan and Jhanvi Kapoor. You can follow Pilates workout from YouTube and workout in the comfort of your bedroom!
10. Crunches: This exercise targets the fat around the tummy area. The best part is that you can perform this exercise right on the bed. You can do a 20 repetition workout and repeat it four times. This exercise reduces stomach fat and strengthens the core.
Hope you enjoy these exercise at your night-fitness routine! Let us know your favourite move from the list and comment below!