Hello my lovely ladies,
I’m here to review the much raved and loved product by makeup lovers and makeup artists who suffer from oily skin. This product claims to keep the face makeup in place without making your face oily or dull throughout the day- Urban Decay’s De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup setting spray.
Urban decay is very famous for its naked pallets, eye primer potion, revolution lipsticks, foundations and lip glosses.
In my previous posts I reviewed Urban Decay’s all-nighter setting spray, I almost ran out it so decided to pick De-slick to control my oily skin in the hotter seasons.
What it is:
A weightless setting spray that helps makeup stay put, controls oil, and deflects surface shine.
What it does:
Oily skin has met its match! De-Slick mists on weightlessly to control oil, deflect surface shine, and keep skin looking beautifully matte. High-tech ingredients help keep foundation, shadow, and blush from smudging, sliding, or fading—so you hardly ever need to touch up. Developed in an exclusive partnership with SKINDINÄVIA, this groundbreaking, clinically tested formula features patented Temperature Control Technology that actually lowers the temperature of your makeup to help it stay put and keep skin looking smooth, but never shiny.
What else you need to know:
Unlike similar products on the market that feel sticky or tight on your skin, the sprayer delivers a microfine mist that goes on so light, you’ll hardly feel it—and once you’ve applied it, you won’t even know it’s there.
In a 7-day clinical study of De-Slick:
– 100% of participants said De-Slick helped prevent makeup meltdown
– Over 90% said their makeup looked less shiny, didn’t slide, and rarely needed to be touched up
– 85% said De-Slick is the longest-lasting oil-control product they’ve ever used
Directions of use:
• Shake well
• Apply after makeup
• Hold the bottle away from face and mist the face two to four times in an “X” and “T” formation.
My take on Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray
I suffer from super oily and dull skin during summers. Primers are a life saver to keep my foundation looking fresh for at least a couple of hours.This product comes in a plastic bottle with a spray nozzle to spritz the product on face. Product details are written on the bottle. The sprayer delivers a micro fine mist that goes very fine on the face without making the face very wet and dries as quick as 1-2 minutes. I like to use this product before and after applying makeup. Spraying it before acts as a substitute to the primer and spraying after finish makeup helps to set and correct the makeup and gives a cooling effect on the skin. Immediately after it is sprayed and set, it gives a layer of shine on the face and once you dust some setting powder it gives a nice matte finish and helps to keep your face not get oily for at least 5-6 hours during the hotter weather and also keeps the foundation in place without melting it on the skin. It claims to have some sort of temperature Control Technology that actually lowers the temperature of your makeup to help it stay put and keep skin looking smooth, I’m not sure about the technology behind it but it definitely feels cooler and refreshed when sprayed on the face. . The mist doesn’t have a bothering smell; it smells very subtle and fresh.
Pros of Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray
• Light and travel friendly packaging.
• Sprayer delivers the right amount of product on the face without dripping.
• Mist is very fine and doesn’t seem to weigh down the foundation.
• Sets and corrects makeup.
• Gives a fresh glow on the face.
• Sets quite quickly.
• Helps the foundation to not oxidize and keeps the face looking fresh and healthy for a good 5-6 hours even during the hotter weather.
• Gives a refreshing cooling effect on the face.
• Helps to control excessive oil on my face.
• Parabens free.
Cons of Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray
• Definitely on the pricey side.
• Makes your face look little shiny immediately after spraying, this can bother the oily skin people.
I would definitely recommend this product to someone who is in search of a setting spray that not only sets the makeup in place but also helps to control the oil and give a natural healthy finish to the face during hotter weather.
IMBB Rating: 4.5/5
Urban Decay The Dangerous Eyeshadow Palette
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil – Zero
Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow Pencil Stash
Urban Decay Fun Palette
Urban Decay Single Eyeshadow Purple Haze
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Vichy Setting Powder Review
Real Techniques Setting Brush Review