Hi Everyone, 🙂
I have had this palette for almost 6 months now. I don’t even know what took me so long to review it. 🙂
USD 49/INR 3100 approximately.
What it is: An eyeshadow palette featuring eight sparkly new shades of Urban Decay’s Moondust Eyeshadow.
What it does:
Take glittery eye looks to a whole new level. Explore this palette’s eight otherworldly shades of sparkily shadow in Urban Decay’s first-ever Moondust Eyeshadow Palette.
Found exclusively in this palette, these vibrant Moondust shades are dazzlingly sparkly, but with a super-refined, incredibly sophisticated feel—and no chunky glitter. Laced with micro-fine bits of iridescent sparkle and lush 3-D metallics, these shadows create a gorgeous, diamond-like effect. The sparkly gunmetal case features a mirrored cutout of the Moondust logo. A full-size mirror makes it easy to indulge your glitter obsession on the go.
This palette contains:
– 8 x 0.02 oz in Specter (soft pink with tonal sparkle), Element (peach with pink shift and sparkle), Magnetic (purple with blue sparkle), Lightyear (vivid, saturated green), Granite (black with multicolored sparkle), Lithium (brown with iridescent 3-D sparkle), Vega (bright blue with tonal sparkle), Galaxy (smoky blue-gray with iridescent 3-D sparkle).
My Experience with Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow Palette:
It is an 8-color eyeshadow palette, but it’s no ordinary palette. It is 6 colors of pressed glitters… like no kidding. This palette is a real dream come true. If you are someone who always struggles with applying shimmers/glitters, you cannot go wrong with this one.
You literally just press a little glitter with your finger tip on any basic boring eyeshadow you have underneath and you’d have a “va-va-voom” eye makeup look in seconds – it’s that easy! The shimmers are very fine. These are glitters so they do have a bit of a fall out. My three tips would be:
1. Press the glitter with your finger tips and build up the glitters rather than applying a lot in one go.
2. You can use a glitter glue underneath.
3. And just use a regular tape to pick up any glitters you might have on the face.
These eyeshadows can be used both wet and dry. Just damp your finger tip/brush with some MAC Fix Plus Spray or regular water to get a more intense color and finish. These glitters are not poke-y at all and feel very smooth on application. They don’t feel heavy on the lids. This palette is your evening makeup dream palette.
I also love that there are 8 shades in one palette, so you don’t have to worry about tiny glitter jars with spillage all around – here’s one palette and you are sorted! They are also very long lasting considering you do use a bit of fixing medium underneath and they don’t fall off crazy unlike some other glitters. I also like to layer this eyeshadow palette underneath some glittery eyeshadows (the way I did HERE) to make them super sparkly, but that’s just me.
I find this palette very versatile in terms of colors, in terms of ease of usage and also in terms of travelling – highly highly recommend it. And especially if you are a bridal makeup artist, this should definitely be a part of the kit. You can use the colors on your brides, bridesmaids, also do mom’s makeup, chachi’s makeup.. 😀 and just about on everyone and make them sparkle on their fun day. 🙂
Let me tell you a bit about the colors. 🙂
- Specter is an icy, baby pink color with pink and violet shimmers. It’s a great lid color or to be used on inner corner of the eyes.
- Element is a gorgeous warm rose gold color with red and copper shimmers.
- Magnetic is purple with blue and purple shimmers.
- Light year is a stunning emerald green with turquoise shimmers.
- Granite is charcoal black with silver shimmers.
- Lithium is a stunning warm platinum color with muted gold sparkles.
- Vega is a dark royal blue color with blue sparkles.
- Galaxy is a sheer black based eyeshadow with turquoise and silver sparkles.
I don’t know how the makeup world existed without this glitter palette – so soooo happy we have this one now! If you don’t have it, you should try and get your hands on it for sure. You’d never fear wearing shimmers on your eyes after this. 🙂
Urban Decay NAKED2 Eyeshadow Palette
Urban Decay Naked3 Eyeshadow Palette Review, Swatches, Eye Makeup Looks
Urban Decay Naked Palette
Urban Decay Ammo Eyeshadow Palette
Makeup Geek Moondust Eyeshadow
ELF Moondust Custom Eyeshadow
Makeup Revolution London Moon Dust Baked Mono Eyeshadow