Jade roller is the newest beauty tool to take the world by storm. If you are looking for a skincare boost, a jade roller is the perfect find. It is an amazing tool to reduce fine lines, decrease puffiness and increase blood circulation in skin. But before you jump onto the jade roller bandwagon, read this article on how to use jade roller correctly.
Jade roller: Origin
Jade is a healing stone, typically green in color. It has been used for centuries in traditional Chinese medicine for its purifying properties and the ability to heal and restore skin. Very recently, its curative and skin soothing properties have been discovered by beauty enthusiasts around the world, giving rise to the modern jade roller. The jade roller has two jade stones on either sides. The bigger stone is aimed at the bigger areas like cheeks, forehead and neckline. The smaller stone offers better precision in massaging delicate areas like under eyes and sides of nose.
Benefits of using Jade Roller:
The benefits of using a jade roller are manifold. It is a holistic way for skincare, that is not meant as a standalone, all-curative product. It can be incorporated in your regular skincare regimen to give the extra skincare boost and give your skin a nice, “lit from within” glow. It applies gentle pressure on your skin and relaxes your muscles, smoothening out lines. Couple that with the lymphatic drainage, and you have a winning beauty tool! It encourages drainage and improves the lymphatic system’s natural detoxification process. Your skin becomes depuffed and detoxified, looks visibly brighter. As the blood circulation is boosted, your skin feels invigorated and looks refreshed from within. It also helps in chiseling your face to some extent, for a naturally contoured face.
Proper Method to use Jade Roller:
- Cleanse your skin: The first mantra of using a jade roller is to use it on clean skin. You should only be using your jade roller on clean skin. The massaging motion will help any product/residue on your skin to sink in deeper. So before you pick up the jade roller, remove your makeup and wash your face.
- If you want to depuff really tired skin, consider popping the jade facial roller in the fridge overnight. The cool jade will lower swelling by shrinking blood vessels and soothe your stressed tissues.
- Apply products: If you are incorporating jade roller in your night routine, complete your standard cleansing routine to remove all traces of the day . Then apply any serums and/or facial oils you use. Wait for a minute and allow the products to sink in, then start rolling the jade stones. It will help your skin drink them up before they evaporate or rub off on your pillow.
How To Roll Jade Roller on the Face:
- The thing to keep in mind is that- you have to roll out from the center. So, if the bridge of your nose is your starting point, you apply gentle rolling motions and move outwards. Slowly work on one side at a time to make sure you are not missing anything.
- Pass over the same patch of skin three to four times, always moving to the outer edge of your face. When you need to return the roller to the starting point, pick it up and place it back at the start. The thing to keep in mind is: don’t roll backwards.
- Start at your chest and using gently pressure, perform outward and upward strokes with the jade roller along your skin.
- From your chest, you can move up: neck, chin, jawline, cheeks.
- For cheeks, roll from your nose out toward your ear. For the delicate under-eye and eyelid area, use the small end of the roller and very gently move from the inner corner of your eye out to the temple. For your eyebrow area, switch back to the larger side and roll out and down, following the contour of your brow bone. While massaging your forehead, start in the middle and roll out.
- Switch sides and finish up with a soothing massage between your eyebrows, up to the hairline. This will help to smoothen out fine lines.
- You can complete this entire process in less than 5 minutes. While doing this, you will notice your skin flushing — which indicates circulation happening.
How To Clean Jade Roller:
You should not forget to clean your jade roller thoroughly after every use. Clean it with warm, soapy water, to remove the excess serum or oil and let it dry in a clean, hygienic area.