Long time, no see, that has been my case recently, isn’t it? Finally, now that my exams are over, and I have had ample sleep for a whole day, and thankfully there is no power cut today, I am writing a review. 😀 And boy, am I happy? You bet I am *happydance* You know, I think the problem of intense heat and power cuts has engulfed the whole country. Yesterday, there was no power for 6 hours here!! Can you believe it? And it’s Lucknow, the state capital. I shudder when I think the condition of other cities *scared* .I called up my sister, and there was no power and no water at her place in Mumbai. I called up my bestie, and she was totally facing hell of a power cut in Delhi. “Achhe din aa gaye,” I said 😛 *hihi* . I was so irritated, I mean – to be frank, I am not used to so many power cuts because it does not happen much in the area where I reside – all with it being the central area or something of that sort, yesterday was the limit and 46 degrees temperature!! So damn hot it was! I had gone out, and the heat was just unbearable. Thank God, we reached the mall before I started using cuss words for the first time in my life. The weather has really taken a toll over here. Either you have bitter cold, or you have pathetic summers. God only knows when are we going to witness a “in-between” kind of weather, to give us a relief and a break from the usual extremes. *cry *
Anyway, the product that I am going to review today is Vaseline Healthy White Complete 10 Lightening and Anti Ageing Lotion. I purchased this mainly because of the many claims that it makes, over the last variant of instant fairness they had launched, which was pretty average according to me. I just loved its smell and rest it was an ordinary lotion, good enough as per the price I paid for it. Coming back to the product in hand, let’s move ahead to find out how it fared on me, shall we?. 😀
Since people at Amazon had stuck the bar code tag a tad too firmly on the backside, which was just refusing to come out without being messy, I thought it’s better to write the description and details here.
New Vaseline Healthy White Complete 10 with AHA and Vitamin B3, with 10 benefits for a fairer, younger looking skin.
10 Skin Benefits, 1 Perfect Solution
1. Visible Skin-Lightening
2. Even-Tone Restoration
3. UVA and UVB protection
4. Dark Mark Reduction
5. Radiance Boost
6. Skin feels firm and tight
7. Visibly reduces fine lines
8. Helps Skin Renewal
9. Intense Moisturization
10. Deep Nourishment
Rs. 100 for 100 ml.
Rs. 175 for 200 ml.
Rs. 275 for 300 ml.
Water, stearic acid, Isopropyl palmitate, mineral oil, gylceryl stearate, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, niacinamide, glycerin, triethanolamine, phenoxeyethanol, dimethicone, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, carbomer, Cetyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, hydroxystearic acid, propylparaben, petrolatium, retinyl palmitate, Titanium Dioxide & Aluminium Hydroxide & Stearic Acid,Titanium Dioxide and dimethicone,CI 77491 [and] isopropyl titanium triisostearate [and] triethoxysilylethyl polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone,yogurt powder, perfume.
It comes in a regular Vaseline flip top packaging, which shuts down tight to prevent any leakage. Plus, due to variants in sizes that it offers, it is a very travel friendly body lotion, in your budget. So much so for the first impressions, Vaseline Healthy While Complete 10 impresses me. Now let’s see if it’s worth a buy, in the detailed review.
My Experience with Vaseline Healthy White Complete 10 Lightening and Anti-Aging Lotion:
I have used all the variants of Vaseline body over the years. This may be probably because of the fact that we all have heard and used Vaseline ever since our birth. The cute little pot of jelly has been a part of every household. Their body lotions are affordable and they perform very well for the price. Vaseline has been launching many variants of it’s “Healthy White” range too, the last being “Instant Fair,” which I had purchased but did not like much, and so I switched to the older spf 24 version. When I saw this, I went ahead and picked up the smaller variant for a trial on my legs, which tan very easily, although not stubbornly, and need desperate even-toning (Yes, you heard it right) 😛
The smell of Vaseline Healthy White Complete 10 is identical to the Instant fair version and I am in love with it. It stays on for a long time. It moisturizes well, but not in a sticky way as most of the body lotions do to my normal skin. Also, the moisturization is just adequate. It gets absorbed into my skin, making it soft and supple, and the best part is that feeling stays all day. As far as the rest of the performance is concerned, I think it will be best if I list it alongside their actual claims.
1. Visible Skin-Lightening – Yes. Over a usage of one month, the tan on my legs has almost gone. But then, let me remind that I do not have stubborn tan.
2. Even-Tone Restoration – Yes. It has even toned my legs, and particularly my feet. However, I got these results with daily exfoliation and applying of this body lotion of my legs.
3. UVA and UVB protection – Yes it does provide sun protection. But as there is no SPF mentioned, I consider it a mild sunscreen. So, if you are out in this intense summer sun, apply a sunblock over it.
4. Dark Mark Reduction – It lightens the dark mark to some extent. I feel that with more usage and continuous exfoliation prior to its application, the dark marks on my legs will be gone.
5. Radiance Boost – My legs do feel brighter on applying it.
6. Skin feels firm and tight – Can’t comment much on this point. Although my legs do feel toned and smooth.
7. Visibly reduces fine lines – I cannot comment on this point as I do not have fine lines.
8. Helps skin renewal – I did not understand this point actually. Haven’t they already covered it in the above points? 😛
9. Intense moisturization – The moisturization is adequate for normal skin. Not too light, not too heavy. It is not intense, but I am not complaining.
10. Deep Nourishment – Since my skin feels healthy, soft and supple, it does provide nourishment.
So, all in all, I am quite loving this version of Vaseline Body Lotion. Mine is about to finish, so I am going to order a bigger variant soon. Although I’m loving this more than my Nivea Whitening and Cell Repair, but the latter scores brownie points on simply being paraben free. However, the smell of Vaseline attracts me towards this one more, so this time I will ditch Nivea and go with this one. I keep on switching between Nivea and Vaseline as far as body lotions are concerned. Dove too, sometimes, but then lack of SPF in it always brings me back to these brands.
Pros of Vaseline Healthy White Complete 10 Lightening and Anti-Aging Lotion:
- Moisturizes well for normal skin.
- Keeps skin soft and supple.
- Not sticky.
- Smells amazing which stays on for a long time.
- Delivers most of the claims that it has made.
- Provides sun protection.
- Travel friendly as available in three variants.
- Easily available online and off line.
Cons of Vaseline Healthy White Complete 10 Lightening and Anti-Aging Lotion:
- No SPF mentioned hence sun block required if going to be outdoor for a longer period.
- May not work so well on stubborn tan.
- Dry skin beauties will need more moisture.
- Contains parabens.
IMBB Rating and Recommendation:
I rate the Vaseline Healthy White Complete 10 Lightening and Anti Ageing Lotion 4/5 (it would have being 0.5 more had it not been for the parabens). Only if Vaseline included SPF rating and excluded parabens, this is a body lotion which would score 5/5.
Yes, I am placing an order for a bigger version, and urge you to give this one a try too. This is better than the previous healthy white variants (with the exception of my favourite of spf 24 one, which I can’t find anywhere now *cry* ). Hope you found my review useful. Till the next time, see you all. Stay healthy and gorgeous all of you. 😀 😀
Vaseline Healthy White Lightening Visible Fairness Lotion
Vaseline Healthy White Body Lotion
Vaseline Healthy White 2 Week Body Fairness Cream
Vaseline Healthy White Skin Lightening Body Milk
Vaseline Healthy White SPF 24 Triple Lightening Lotion
VLCC Anti Tan Skin lightening Face Wash
Pond’s Flawless White Visible Lightening Daily Cream
Banjara’s Skin Lightening Gel
Sebamed Anti-Ageing Hautstraffende Lotion with Q10
Olay Age Protect Anti-Ageing Cream
20 Best Anti-Ageing Creams Available in India