Veet Ready To Use Wax Strips- REVIEW
I am a working lady in a private ltd organization, which means that I constantly look for products to make my daily routine a lot easier and faster. One problem that I have is unwanted hair, in fact we all have.I don’t have enough time and the patience to remove it “manually” and shaving as I believe is good but the result is very itchy and also a short term solution. Thus I believe Waxing is most preferred methods of depilating for arms and legs with young girls and working women. Earlier, I tried using wax that has a lot of preparation to make like heating wax and putting some pads that’s gives me a hard time. So I bought Veet Ready To Use Wax Strips because of what I read in the magazine that it is effective. It says that it is easy to use and painless unlike the wax that we need to heat first before using….
What Veet Ready To Use Wax Strips claims:
- Veet Facial Easy to Use Cold Wax Strips- A convenient and easy way to ensure effective and long-lasting hair removal.
- The strips are easy to apply, adhere well to the hair, and are removed immediately.
- The small strips are particularly suitable for face, bikini line, underarms, and touch-ups.
- The supple and soft fleecy paper backing adapts perfectly to any body contours.
- Tested under dermatological conditions and accredited by the British Skin Foundation
Its Price: It is priced at Rs 69/-
The product comes in 3 variants -one for each skin type:
- Normal Skin : with Shea Butter and Berry
- Sensitive skin : with Vitamin E and Almond Oil
- Dry Skin : with Aloe Vera and Lotus.
Ingredients list (as mentioned on the pack I bought):
- Wax Strips: Triethylene Glycol Rosinate, Glyceryl Rosinate, Silica, Polyethaline, Fragrance, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHA
Wipes: Mineral Oil, Hexyldecyl Stearate, Parfume, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate
As I have sensitive skin I picked up the second variant. Each pack of Veet Ready To Use Wax Strips contains 8(4 double sided) wax strips and a perfect finish wipe and it comes with a leaflet which contains step by step instructions in 6 languages. It’s a strip that is ready to use and needs no heating up. I just warm it up with my hands and apply immediately on a clean and dry area to be waxed. I was quite satisfied with it. I mean, I did everything on my own. Waxing every single part of my legs is yes, painful but tolerable. And I enjoyed the part where I can see all the hair sticking to the adhesive and I can feel the smoothness on my skin after applying the finish wipes
5 steps to use the Veet Ready To Use Wax Strips:
- At first, wash & clean the area to be waxed & then dab some talcum powder to absorb moisture if any. Follow the mentioned steps one by one.
- Step 1: Rub a Veet wax strip between the hands for about 5 seconds to warm the wax.
- Step 2: Slowly peel the strips apart.
- Step 3: Place a strip onto the shin & rub repeatedly in the direction of the hair grows.
- Step 4: Then very quickly pull the strip back on itself opposite the direction on the hair growth.
- Step 5: After completing waxing, wipe up with the veet perfect finish wipe available within the pack to get rid of the wax & stickiness.
- Veet’s pre- coated wax strips are ready- to-use. Thus, no heating and no mess!
- The smell is very pleasant to describe will be a nice herbal smell.
- Three different variants are available according to the skin type.
- A well descriptive manual is provided with the pack, containing step by step instructions.
- Unlike ordinary waxes, Veet wax strips have special formula which grabs hair as short as 2mm, so there is no need to wait for long hair regrowth & it effectively removes hair even if my technique is not perfect.
- It contains Vitamin E and Almond Oil well known for its skin moisturizing properties,.
- It is a cheap alternative to going to the salon to get a wax job, but it will be more time consuming and I highly suggest reading the directions carefully.
- The pieces can be cut according to fit the needs and the same strip can be reused again & again until it loses its grip. For me one strip works effectively for 4-5 times.
- The wax strip can be easily used on arms, legs, underarms and bikini area.
- After removing hair, I gently wipe the skin with the moisturizing wipes provided along the pack, it leaves my skin soft and smooth.
- It don’t hurt at all. I have usually sensitive that swells, turns red, and breakouts after waxing, but this veet strips are AWESOME! I did not face any of such problems.
- Very effective, a single strip is enough for removing the hairs of one leg/hand, so out of 8 only 4 are required to be used at one time the rest could be preserved for the next period.
- These are reasonable priced.
- The entire process is very time consuming, tiresome and no doubt messy.
- Even though it claims for hair removal for sensitive areas, but it did not work well for my underarm area. I applied one strip on my underarm and waited 10 seconds and then pulled it in the direction of hair growth as instructed. The strip came off but my hair was still there. Then I replaced it again but the same thing happened.
- The finish wipes doesn’t removed the wax completely. I used oil (sesame/til) to get rid of the wax completely.
Will I repurchase?
Do I need to mention this? You all have guessed it right by now, I’ll definitely. I am glad I found this removal strip that is easy to use. It is a nice cheap alternative to getting your waxing done professionally It really works very well and it is even safe for all types of skin It is very gentle on the skin and just within a few seconds I can be ready after using it.. Veet is a well known and trusted brand and this product is another good one from them..It is not even costly comparatively. Just try it girls.
**Note : if you are new to waxing kindly test your skin by waxing small part of the area you want ,wipe clean & wait for 24 hr. If there is no reaction then go for whole area waxing **