I usually do not have run-ins with pimples until it is self-induced…that is when I constantly change face creams and then my skin throws up its hands in desperation 😛 I mostly end up with one or two giant bumps on my face. They take forever to heal and I dare not poke them lest I end up with a scar. I have tried multiple home remedies, but they take forever to work and I need immediate solutions. One of my friends likes Vichy products a lot as it had been very helpful for her oily skin. So, she recommended that I try Vichy Normaderm Hyaluspot as I was looking for spot treatment to heal acne whenever they appear.
The gel comes in a white soft plastic tube. The tube has a metallic slanted tip applicator, as it is a spot treatment product. The gel is completely transparent and odorless. The packaging is simple and travel friendly.
15 ml tube is priced at $15.75
My Experience with Vichy Normaderm Hyaluspot Cream:
The gel has a very lightweight consistency. I found the applicator very hygienic and convenient to use directly on the zit. I usually first squeeze the tube so that a very tiny amount of the gel appears on the applicator tip and then apply on the pimple. As soon as I apply the gel, I find that the area on the skin tingles. Though I did not find it to be painful, it might be mildly uncomfortable.
After an hour, the gel completely dries away and forms a mild film on the acne. The layer formed on the pimple is due to the presence of hyaluronic acid. It creates a defensive barrier on the acne to protect it from any dirt or environmental conditions. The salicylic acid and LHA (lipohydroxy acid) are the active ingredients, which work on acne to fight against the bacteria for healing the skin.
As the gel forms a film on the skin instead of getting absorbed, I prefer to apply it during the nighttime. When I use this product, I do not find that my acne becomes small or disappears overnight. However, after the second night’s application, the bump starts showing significant signs of healing. By the third day, my pimple usually recedes significantly.
I really like that the gel fades away the acne without leaving any scar or redness behind. The product is hypoallergenic, paraben free and silicone free. Though the product is specifically targeted towards acne-prone and oily skin, I found it equally useful for my dry skin for spot treatment. I found it to be very good anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial product.
Pros of Vichy Normaderm Hyaluspot Cream:
- Very good spot treatment product for acne.
- Has a hygienic and convenient metallic tip applicator to directly apply gel on the zit.
- Very tiny amount of the product is required for application.
- The hyaluronic acid content in gel forms a defensive barrier on the acne for protection from dirt or environmental conditions.
- The product contains salicylic acid and LHA (lipohydroxy acid) as active ingredients for healing the skin.
- While using the product, the pimple starts showing signs of healing by second day and recedes significantly by third day.
- The gel is helpful to fade away acne without leaving any scars or redness.
- The product is hypoallergenic, paraben free and silicone free.
- It is specifically targeted towards acne-prone and oily skin.
Cons of Vichy Normaderm Hyaluspot Cream:
- On application of the product, the skin tingles which could be mildly uncomfortable.
- Pricey (but since a very tiny amount is required for application, it is going to last for long).
- Since the product dries up and leaves a film on the skin instead of getting absorbed, more suitable for night time use only.
- Does not heal acne overnight, but takes at least 3 days to completely heal the acne (but does it without leaving any marks).
Would I Repurchase Vichy Normaderm Hyaluspot Cream?
I found this product really helpful and yes, I will buy it again. I would recommend this product to you if you suffer from random zits and are looking for spot treatment.
Vichy Normaderm Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care
Vichy Normaderm Purifying cleansing gel
Vichy Normaderm Nuit Chrono-Active Anti-Imperfection Care Cream
Is Vichy Normaderm Night Detox Anti-Imperfection Clarifying Care the Best Night Cream For Oily Skin?
Vichy Normaderm 3 in 1 Cleanser Scrub Mask
Vichy Normaderm Night Anti Imperfection Rejuvenating Care
Oily/ Acne Skin Care / Vichy Normaderm Anti Imprefections
Vichy Normaderm Global Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care