As promised, I am back with the review of another Viseart eyeshadow palette. I wouldn’t say that this was an impulse buy – you don’t spend $80++ on an impulse! But being new to the eyeshadow game, I wasn’t sure if I would get much use from this product. Why? One look at the picture of the product will tell you why! These are the brightest shades you will ever come across! Let us find out my experience with this product:
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
What it is: A coveted professional eyeshadow palette that can be used for shading, highlighting, and defining eyes, brows, and the contours of the face.
What it does: Get professional quality eye looks with these versatile 12-shade palettes. Viseart’s coveted, bestselling palettes are reliable film-tested professional products, a staple in every artist’s kit, and they’re the work horse of all professional artists. These palettes have a dynamic cult following throughout all levels of artistry. Manufactured in France, Viseart’s proprietary formula is created in small tightly-controlled batches to maintain pigment quality, powder integrity, and consistency. Viseart is the “secret sauce” for top Hollywood makeup artists, as well as makeup artist enthusiasts of all genres. 08 Bright Editorial: Rich pigments transfer flawlessly to the skin. Use these bright shades with a touch of water for accents and eyeliner. Combine with other Viseart eyeshadows to customize shades. This palette contains every bright color you could ever need. These products are not tested on animals, contain organic ingredients, and they are free of silicone, petrochemicals, and mineral oil.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
My Experience with Viseart Editorial Brights Eyeshadow Palette:
Packaging: As you can see in the pics, the packaging is pretty fuss free, it’s an acrylic container with just the 12 eyeshadows placed in rows of 4 shades each. There is no mirror or applicator included; the lid is transparent.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
Question – when you pay $80 for a palette, you kind of expect a lot of fuss with the packaging, right? Here is what you need to note:
1. Viseart is a professional makeup brand from France. Technically, their clientele is professional makeup artists (MUA). They (MUAs) don’t care for mirrors and applicators, they need clean, concise, fuss-free packaging and the ease of being able to identify the palette without having to open each one. They rely on their own brush collection than the brushes included in pre-made palettes
2. The math – I’ll compare the cost to MAC, since we all understand MAC well and also the fact that MAC also was originally crafted for Makeup Artists. MAC shadows used to cost about $12 earlier. For some reason, they have dropped down the price of the eyeshadows in the US, while they still continue with the higher prices elsewhere in the world. Also, you need to shell out extra for the actual empty palette in which to house them. If you do the math, the Viseart eyeshadows cost less than $7 per shadow, so not a bad deal! Having said that, please note that these are set eyeshadow palettes – you cannot customize them, as you can with the MAC eyeshadows. The palette comes packaged in an outer casing which has the details – including the ingredient list, mentioned on it.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
As per the Company, the Viseart eyeshadows come in 3 finishes:
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
“Editorial Brights” is an all matte palette. It’s literally the most bright and colourful palette you would ever come across. Yes, this is ideal for a professional makeup artist, which I definitely am not – far from it. It would be a professional’s dream to create editorial looks with this. So, why did I pick this:
1. I was fed up with all the neutral palettes I had in my kitty. I didn’t have many palettes, but what I did have was mostly neutral and shimmer. So, I really thought this would help mix things up.
2. I had the option of picking this or the “Ribbons” palette which was again colourful but in a shimmer finish. Considering that Viseart makes the best mattes in town, I thought it made more sense to pick this because it’s relatively easier to find a good shimmer palette (colourful or neutral) than it is to find a good matte palette.
3. With this palette, I literally never have to buy another colourful palette again. Point to note – this is a rule I may not necessarily follow 😉 It was more to weigh things out in favour of this palette! LOL!
4. The shades can also be used as blushes – no, not the green and the blue – more like the pink, red, orange types – if used with a very light hand.
5. You can add shimmer/pigment to a matte look, but you can’t really make a shimmery eyeshadow go matte.
6. The Viseart palette has this amazing white shade which when blended with another shade can give you a lighter or a more pastel version of that shade; thus increasing the options many fold.
7. You can even mix any two shades – yes, literally mix any two shades to create another one – without either of them going muddy or patchy.
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
Lets discuss the shades next:
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
With such bright shades, one is always advised to use a white base to make the colour pop. So, while experimenting with it, I applied a white base on one eye but not on the other. There was absolutely no difference between the pigmentation of the two eyes. They both were stunningly bright and pigmented. I did use a primer on both lids and that’s because my lids are extremely oily and without a primer, everything becomes a mush in a couple of hours.
Let’s talk about the individual shades. I have swatched them horizontally, so let’s take them up individually in the same order:
1. White – This shade is a tad stiff and low on colour payoff when swatched. However, its main purpose is to help create a lighter or transition shade for you with the existing colour palette and it delivers very well on that.
2. Chartreuse: The shade is a true Chartreuse. You get exactly the shade in the pan on your lids.
3. Grass Green – This shade too is extremely pigmented. You easily get it to build up or sheer out.
4. Aquamarine – This one is a gorgeous teal/turquoise shade. It has good pigmentation and is easy to use.
5. Hot Pink – This one is a stunning shade again, not something you would use daily, but it doubles up very well as a blush shade.
6. Orange – I found Orange also to be a tad bit stiffer like the white one. However, it was easy to build up to the colour in the pan.
7. Yellow: This one again seemed a little stiff and fairly sheer. I had to work on building it up to the colour in the pan by layering.
8. Blue – This one is very smooth and has excellent payoff. It blends very well with the other shades.
9. True Red – This shade too is very smooth and extremely pigmented. It applies easily and can work well as a blush colour too.
10. Burgundy Red – Another stunning shade which works well as eyeshadow and blush. This one is probably one of the most used shades in my palette. It’s an absolute stunner.
11. Magenta Purple – This shade is literally to die for. It’s gorgeous, super pigmented and extremely blendable. The only bummer is that it tends to have fall out while application and considering how deep and rich this shade is, fall out can ruin your base makeup. So, I suggest you do your base makeup after your eye makeup when using this.
12. Royal Blue – One of the most smoothest shades in the palette and richly pigmented. It’s a delight to work with.
Texture: I have discussed the texture of the individual shades while mentioning the shades because there seems to be a bit of variance here. The white and yellow need a little work as they are a bit stiffer and sheerer upon application. Otherwise, the formula is smooth. I won’t say it’s buttery smooth because let’s face it – this is not satin or shimmer, it’s mattes that we are talking about. Even though it’s not buttery smooth, these shadows are exceptional to work with, they are smooth and easy to blend and mesh well with each other seamlessly. They are easy to build up or to sheer out. They do not get patchy when you sheer them out or blend them out. The only one which seemed to kick up powder and have fallout was the magenta purple shade.
There is no transference during the course of the day. This is an important aspect for people who have hooded eyes and face problem with eyeshadows transferring onto the upper lid while the eyes are open.
Pigmentation: The pigmentation is spot on, except for the 2 shades that I have mentioned above – the white and the yellow. They are easy to build up or to sheer out. They do not get patchy when you sheer them out or blend them out; a little goes a long way. You get exactly the colour which you see in the palette. While they blend well, they still retain the colour, it doesn’t become a big muddy mess.
Staying Power: Disclaimer – I apply my eyeshadows with a primer because my lids are way too oily. These shadows wear the whole freaking day!! The maximum I have tried them on is for about 9-10 hours and there was ever the slightest fading! You can pretty much apply these and forget them for the rest of the day.
Pros of Viseart Editorial Brights Eyeshadow Palette:
- Excellent array of bright bold shades.
- Super pigmented except for two shades, which in a palette of 12 isn’t so bad.
- Extremely smooth texture.
- Zero fallout – except Purple Magenta.
- Long wearing.
- No creasing.
- Does not transfer.
- The colours blend easily and mesh very well together.
- Does not irritate my eyes.
- Travel-friendly packaging.
Cons of Viseart Editorial Brights Eyeshadow Palette:
1. This is not for everyone. As the name suggests – it is an Editorial palette.
2. No transition shade – not a soft brown thrown into the mix! It’s not meant to be used as an individual palette.
This is a fantastic palette – it excites me as to what all I can create with this palette. The looks that I have created may seem over the top to you, but this isn’t really meant for everyday use. Though I am sure you could incorporate a shade or two into your every day neutral look for a pop of colour.
As to the looks I created – two of the looks where the eyeshadows have been used on the lid are done using only this palette. So, there is no transition shade. You may find the EOTD incomplete because of the lack of transition shade, but while reviewing a palette, I wanted to do the look with only that palette to give you an idea of how it performs on its own.
However, I did a third look wherein I have used the Viseart Theory Minx palette on the lid and 3 shades from this palette on the lower lash line to add a pop of colour. This is just to show you one of the ways how this palette can be used even with your normal day-to-day makeup.
Honestly, when I first got this palette, I kind of cursed myself for going overboard. What would I do with this? I would hardly get any use out of it! However, having used this a few times I realized – this is so much fun! The possibilities with this palette are endless. Having said that, I do understand that this may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but as long as colours excite you – do have a look at this one!
Disclaimer – I’m not the best with eye makeup looks, so please be kind. I started dabbling in eyeshadows only about a few months back and I am still learning 🙂
Viseart 04 Dark Matte Eyeshadow Palette Review + 3 Stunning Eye Makeup Looks
Viseart 03 Bridal Satin Eyeshadow Palette
Viseart Sultry Muse Eyeshadow Palette
Viseart Minx Theory Palette
Makeup Revolution Matte Brights Redemption Palette for Bright Coloured Lovers
Maybelline The Brights Eyeshadow Palette
NYX Vivid Brights Eyeliner – Vivid Sapphire
NYX Vivid Brights Liner – Vivid Petal