Hello my favorite girlies,
Chilly winters are coming up and I am all ready with those cute hoodies and loads of lip balms. The first sign of winter is parched and dry lips. Hence my lip balm hoarding phase starts as soon as November starts. 😀 I spotted these new launches from VLCC and VLCC so far has done a fair job for me, hence I got this. Strawberry is one of our favorite flavors when it comes to lip balms. Let’s see how this strawberry cutie worked for me.
Price: INR 99.
Product description by VLCC:
- VLCC Lovable Lips Strawberry moisturizes and softens your lips.
- This lip balm comes in a fruity strawberry flavor.
- It is packaged in a handy pop-up stick that makes it easy to use and carry in your bag.
My Experience With VLCC Lovable Lips Strawberry Lip Balm:
I have always been a very big fan of strawberry flavor and that was the biggest reason I picked this one up. It comes in a very cute red and white packaging. The packaging has some strawberries and the name written in blood red colour. And there inside lies that cute stick. The VLCC lip balm comes in a turn-up stick and is very convenient to use. The size is petite hence it can be kept in pocket and bag for regular touch-ups.
I somewhere expected the stick to be in red colour, but this was dark red in colour. The fragrance isn’t that strong; it smells of strawberries and cream. The fragrance is very similar to a small strawberry toffee. The scent lingers for about half an hour and then vanishes away.
The stick does not have any creaminess at all. The consistency is hard and does not glide smoothly on the lips at all. I had to rub it like an eraser on my lips to get that minutest colour. I had to rub it thoroughly like 4-5 times to get some lip balm on my lips. A very little lip balm is there on your lips and at times I don’t even feel that kind of hydration that my lips need.
I kept my lips dry to see how it works. And I caught its weak points! When your lips are chapped, the skin is torn and instead of making it look good, it makes it look worse after a while. It got stuck on to the chapped lips and showed the world that I have chapped lips! However, it does imparts a slight red tint to the lips, which though not very visible, makes your lips look a little healthy and pink.
The lasting power is bad. It lasts for only about 1 hour without any water or meals. If you sip water or eat anything, then it’s gone there and then. Overall I would say I just liked the tint that made my lips look natural and that toffee smell; but as lip balm it has failed for me.
Pros of VLCC Lovable Lips Strawberry Lip Balm:
- Comes in a very cute packaging.
- The stick is small in size, so can be kept in pockets or bags.
- The fragrance is not that strong; it is more like strawberries and cream combo.
- It gives a very light red tint to your lips which makes them look natural and healthy.
- Will be easily available online and in stores too.
- Comes at an affordable price.
- Contains SPF 15.
Cons of VLCC Lovable Lips Strawberry Lip Balm:
- The stick is very hard and even to get that lightest red colour you have to rub it a lot.
- No creaminess at all.
- Does not hydrate the lips that well.
- Will not do anything for lips expect for a very little hydration and light colour.
- It gets stuck on the dry lips and the world can see how chapped your lips are.
- Goes away completely in an hour and then again the rubbing starts.
IMBB Rating: 1/ 5.
Will I Repurchase/ Recommend VLCC Lovable Lips Strawberry Lip Balm?
God no. I seriously do not have time to rub lip balms all day. We have tons of better lip balms than this one, so this would be a total skip!
Conclusion: This actually does nothing which would make it worthy. There is nothing extra-ordinary. In fact it does not even do the ordinary job well.
VLCC Daily Protect Lip Balm in Strawberry
VLCC Daily Protect Lip Balm Cherry
Maybelline Baby Lips Berry Blast
Jovees Strawberry Lip Balm
Himalaya Herbals Strawberry Shine Lip Balm
The Body Shop Strawberry Lip Balm
Nivea Fruity Shine Strawberry Lip Balm
LipIce Sheer Color Strawberry Lip Balm
Lotus Herbals Lip Balm – Strawberry
Nature’s Essence Strawberry Lip Balm
The Body Shop Born Lippy Strawberry Lip Balm Stick
Chapstick Classic Strawberry Lip Balm