WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
VOV Eyeshadow and Blusher Makeup Kit Review
Happy New Year to all of you. :Yahoo: :Yahoo:. This is my first review of this year.
Today, I am going to review one of the eye shadow + blusher palettes that I own. I got this kit as a Rakhi gift. At that time, I was not that much into eye makeup and most of the time that I had tried using the kit, it looked horrible, but thanks to IMBB and you beautiful people, who didn’t let me down. I read lots and lots of articles on eye makeup and looks and gave some of them a try. I won’t say I succeeded in all of them, but yes, I could definitely see some improvement and I am still learning.
The palette is divided into 2 parts:
It contains 12 eye shadows and 3 blushers.
Rs. 295 for 0.95 oz (It was written on the box itself :P).
It comes in a white plastic box. There is a small mirror inside the box as well. It comes with 2 applicators, one for eyeshadows and the other for blusher and none of them could be put to much use.
My Take on VOV Eyeshadow and Blusher Makeup Kit:
The eyeshadows are decently pigmented and stayed on my lids for a good 7-8 hours without any primer or base. The palette contains a variety of colours such as pinks, greens, browns, orange, blues, and silver. All of these contain shimmers which are fine and not gritty or chunky. They have a little fallout, but not much. They crease a little on my eyes after 4-5 hours (I don’t have oily lids).
A close look at the eyeshadows:
The silver (4th) one is the least pigmented eyeshadow in the palette. The green is a beautiful shade and looks good on eyes as well.
This is my first blush palette ever. I have always disliked the clown look on the face that most of the ladies (makeup illiterate) ladies prefer. I was quite hesitant to give blushers a try, but after getting encouraged by all the reviews and posts on blushers here on IMBB, I gave it a shot.
The shimmers doesn’t look over the top at all and can be easily worn during daytime as well. The shimmers give a nice glow to the face. They are quite pigmented and easily buildable except the last one which is quite sheer and needs a lot of effort for the colour to show.
- The first one is a peachy pink colour and is decently pigmented. It is my most reached-out blusher. It is the most beautiful shade among the blushers in the palette.
- The second one is a pink blush. It also looks pretty when matched up with any cool-toned pink lipstick.
- The third one is the least pigmented blusher in the palette. You can never go overboard with this. It takes a lot of swipes to show off on skin. It could have very well been used for contouring if it had no shimmers. It is a lovely brown-peachy blusher. I like to use it with my peach and brown lipsticks and smokey eye makeup.
Swatches: (Right to left:- Peachy-pink, Pink, Brown-peach)
Swatches: (Left to right:- Peachy-pink, Pink, Brown-peach)
Pros of VOV Eyeshadow and Blusher Makeup Kit:
- Highly pigmented.
- The shimmers are not gritty or chunky and can be easily used for day makeup as well.
- Staying power is good (for blusher it is 5-6 hours and for eyeshadows it is 7-8 hours).
- Complete ingredients list is mentioned on the box.
- Quite inexpensive.
- You get a lot of quantity and variety for the price.
Cons of VOV Eyeshadow and Blusher Makeup Kit:
- Eyeshadows have a little fall-out and may crease on oily lids after 2-3 hours.
- No matte eyeshadow/blusher in the palette.
- Doesn’t contain neutral colours that can be used as a highlighter, otherwise it would have been a complete makeup palette.
- No name has been given to the eyeshadows and blushers, only numbers.
3/5 for the eye shadows and 3.5/5 for the blushers.
Do I Recommend VOV Eyeshadow and Blusher Makeup Kit:
I would like to recommend this to all the beautiful girls who are just trying their hands in blushers and eyeshadows and don’t want to splurge on costly eyeshadows and blushers. The eyeshadows have amazing pigmentation.
VOV Nail Colours and Perfumed Nail Cleanser
VOV Quick Dry Matte Nail Paint
VOV CANDY Water Shine Lip Gloss
VOV Liquid Eyeliner
VOV Nail Paint French Manicure Kit
VOV Professional Trio Blusher in 01
The Most Dangerous Nail Paint by VOV
VOV Neon Nail Paints
NYX Single Eyeshadow Black
Faces Eye Shine Single Eyeshadow 04 Black
Bourjois Single Eyeshadow + Bourjois Foundation
4 Colorbar Single Eyeshadow
Stila Mineral Matte Eye Shadow Nanda Devi
Boots 17 Solo Eyeshadow Darkness
Active Cosmetics Eyeshadow
MaxFactor Max Effect Mono Eyeshadow 10 Magic Nights
Bourjois Wet/ Dry Eyeshadow – New Shades Photos, Swatches
Deborah Milano Mono Hi Tech Eyeshadow No. 32
Colorbar Eyeshadow Palette Warm 002
MAC Eyeshadow Plum Dressing
MAC Brown Script Eyeshadow
MAC Expensive Pink Eyeshadow
L’oreal Color Appeal Eyeshadow in 153 Metal Plum
Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow Murano Review + Look
Street Wear Mineral Blush Rose Swirl
L’oreal True Match Blush Photos, Swatches
Bourjois Blush Rose de Jaspe Review, Swatch
NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Boho Chic
Vega Retractable Blush Brush
Maybelline Expert Wear Blush Review – Berry Sorbet
Inglot AMC Face Blush & Inglot Face Blush Review, Photos, Swatches
MAC Cremeblend Blush Posey Review, Swatch , FOTD
How To Fix a Broken Blush : Ask IMBB
Revlon ColorStay Mineral Blush
Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush Review-Peach Satin
MAC Sheertone Blush Pinch Me Review, Swatch
NYX Rouge Cream Blush Red Cheeks Review, Swatch
MAC Sheertone Blush Pinch Me Review, Swatch
Wedding Make-up Essentials: Make-up Kit For Brides
MAC Cinematics Collection Brush, Smokey Eye Makeup Kits
How To Make Bridal Makeup Kit with MAC Products