Hola Beautiful IMBBians!!!
Whenever I visit Sephora or Ulta, I lustfully eye the Urban Decay Naked eye palettes, but my current pay check does not allow me to buy them, but rather just indulge in window shopping. However, for 1/7th price, I have found perfect dupes for the immensely popular Naked palettes. W7 cosmetic brand is a UK brand and it makes these amazing replicas of Naked palettes and so far I have found dupes for all the 3 gens of Urban Decay palettes. The product in this post is the dupe of Naked 1 palette.
In the Buff Eye: lightly toasted Color Palette from W7. Palette contains 12 shades for a deeper tawny, bronzed look :Teddy Bear, Wonderland, Cracker, Happy, Lucky Luck, Twister, Di Di, Delilah, Magic, It’s a dream, Up in Smoke, Dawn. Net weight: 15.6 g, Comes complete with double ended brush.
£ 9.99 (Amazon sells it for nearly $7).
My Take on W7 In The Buff Natural Nudes Eye Colour Palette:
In my previous posts, I have mentioned that I am not a big fan of mono eyeshadows because they are too much fuss and occupy a lot of space, so I either depot them or just buy a palette in the same amount. When I saw this one, I picked it up because of the pretty n*de shades and also because everyone raves about how it is a dupe of the Naked 1 palette.
Packaging: Metal packaging, just like Urban Decay palettes, but not as sturdy (reminds me of those metal pencil boxes that I had used as a kid). Nevertheless, I still like the metal case. It holds a black plastic case which in turn holds the eyeshadows in their designated slots. It would have been better if there was an in-built mirror, but alas, no such luck. It also comes with a brush (bristles on one end and sponge on the other).
Shades in the palette:
- Teddy bear: Pinkish cream satin, perfect for highlighting the inner corner or brow bone, but is not super powdery with a lot of fall out.
- Wonderland: Light rose gold shimmer shadow which can be used as a highlighter on the high points of the face.
- Cracker: Very light n*de matte shade, flawless transition color – sort of color I don’t really use often.
- Happy: a warmed-toned light golden shadow with shimmer that can be used alone or with other colors.
- Lady Luck: Matte taupe – I usually use it to blend out darker shades and give a more finished look to my eye makeup.
- Twister: Yellow gold eye shadow with shimmer which can be used alone or with other girls and can be used in multiple ways.
- Di Di: A warm bronze-brown eye shadow with mild shimmer and is one of my favorite colors from the palette.
- Delilah: darker version of previous shade with a hint of green in it.
- Magic: warm copper with red undertones.
- It’s A Dream: warm toned deep brown shimmer shadow.
- Up In Smoke: black with silver micro glitter.
- Dawn: cool silver shimmer eye shadow.
Staying Power: 8 to 10 hours and more if used with a primer.
Pros of W7 In The Buff Natural Nudes Eye Colour Palette:
- Love the metal case, unique and has a pretty color.
- Anyone who loves Naked 1 palette would love this one as well.
- Ideally priced for quality and quantity.
- Low fall out.
- olors are easy to blend and smoke out.
- Brush provided is actually worth use and can be used for smudging eye liner or applying on the lids.
- No fragrance.
- Stays for at least 8 to 10 hours.
Cons of W7 In The Buff Natural Nudes Eye Colour Palette:
- In-built mirror is missing.
- Primer is required to prolong wear time, otherwise it creases.
- A few shades have low pigmentation.
Would I Repurchase W7 In The Buff Natural Nudes Eye Colour Palette?
Yes, and they have four other such palettes which I will add them to my kitty soon. All those who want to diversify or just don’t want to spend money on Naked palettes should try to get hold of these beauties.
W7 Cover Stick with Tea Tree Oil
W7 In The Buff Natural Nude Eye Color Palette
W7 Super Pout Millie Lip Gloss
L.A. Colors Mesmerize Metallic Eye Shadow Palette
NYX Merci Beaucoup Love In Paris Eye Shadow Palette
Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette
Almay Intense I-Color Smoky-I For Greens Eyeshadow Palette