During summers, our skin tends to get tanned if we forget to apply a good sunscreen. Although, we diligently apply sunscreen on our face, we often forget to apply sunscreen on the hands which tends to get dark and dull with continuous and unprotected exposure to sun. To remove tan from hands, home remedies work the best. In this post, we explore ways to remove tans from hands during summer.
1. Homemade Papaya and Oats Scrub: This homemade scrub with oats and papaya does an amazing job when it comes to removing tan from the body. Since it does not contain any harsh granules, it is great for all skin types. The papaya present in this scrub exfoliates the skin gently and makes it clearer, removing the tan. The sun tan removal scrub is mild enough to be used every alternate day on the hands. Moreover, it makes the skin smoother along with clearing it. Papaya is believed to remove dead cells from skin and exfoliate the skin in a gentle and natural way. It removes blemishes, dark spots and evens out skin tone, giving a glow to the face, naturally. Oats are slightly rough and they tend to act as super exfoliants. Oats make your skin super smooth and silky. Oats help in deeply moisturizing your skin and helps fight against premature ageing. They soothe mild burns or any type of dryness and itching. To prepare this scrub, here is what you need. Simple ingredients which you can easily find in your kitchen, a few cubes of papaya, 2 spoons of oatmeal powder, 1 spoon of almond oil. Firstly, smash the papaya and make it pulpy. It is best to use a mixer to make the papaya pulp for hygienic reasons. You would get a thick paste. Keep it aside. Now, add oats to the pulp. You may mix it the way it is if you want a slightly coarser scrub. Grind oats in a mixer if you want a milder one. Now, add the papaya pulp and the oats in a bowl and mix with a spoon or spatula. Add a spoon of almond oil. You may replace almond oil with your favourite essential oil. Dampen your skin before using this scrub.
2. Rice Detan Pack To Remove Tan:
Rice is extensively used to get flawless complexion across the world. To make this pack, you need rice flour, take 2 tbsp. To this, add a pinch of turmeric powder and mix well. Grate a tomato to make a fine paste. Grating also gets rid of the skin of the tomato. Mix the tomato pulp with the rice and turmeric mixture. Now to make the paste thinner, you can add water or milk or even rice water. Mix this until you get a desired consistency and apply the paste all over your hands. Rinse off after 20 minutes. Do this twice a week for desired results.
3. How to Make Bleaching Cream using Hydrogen Peroxide:
Hydrogen Peroxide is one chemical which is pretty affordable and works as an effective bleaching agent. It is 100% safe and will not cause any reactions on the skin. So, let’s take a look at the steps given below to find out how to make bleaching cream using hydrogen peroxide at home. To make this homemade bleach, you would need 2-1/2 tablespoons of flour, 1 spoonful of milk, and 2 spoons of hydrogen peroxide. Create a paste by mixing all the above ingredients well. Add a sufficient amount of water so that the paste is neither too thick nor too thin. Apply the mask on your hands with brush. Let it rest for at least 10-15 minutes. Let it dry. Wash off with clean water and pat your skin dry. Try to use this homemade bleaching cream at least once a week. Within 1-2 months you will be able to see a difference in your skin texture and skin tone. You can add some drops of lemon juice to the mixture as well. It will make this bleach work faster. You can also use hydrogen peroxide to reduce or lighten your dark spots over time. This cream mask will also prevent age spots and keep your skin fresh and glowing.
4. Nature’s Essence Lacto Tan Clear:
It is a tan removal cream enriched with milk proteins. In one application only, it can remove almost 90% of the tanning from the hands. The application of this tan removal cream is super easy and it does not irritate the skin. However, it dries out the skin a little making further moisturization a necessary step.
5. Gram flour, Curd, and Turmeric:
This one is a sure-shot remedy to get rid of tan from hands effectively. Gram flour and curd exfoliate the skin, improving the its complexion. Curcumin present in turmeric inhibits melanin activity and reduces the tanning of the skin. Take two tablespoons of gram flour and a tablespoon full of curd. Add a pinch of turmeric and mix them well. Apply the paste over the tanned skin on hands and leave for 20-30 minutes. Later, rinse it off with normal water. Repeat the procedure every alternate day.
6. Orange Peel and Raw Milk:
Orange peel is a rich source of vitamin C that helps in bleaching the skin and counteracting free radicals. Lactic acid present in the raw milk helps in exfoliating the skin and improving its complexion. The combination of orange peel and raw milk is quite effective in removing the tan from hands. Take 2-3 tablespoons full of orange peel powder and add an appropriate amount of raw milk to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste over the tanned skin on hands and leave it to dry. Later, rinse it off with cold water. Repeat this procedure every alternate day.
7. Oatmeal, cucumber juice and yogurt:
Oatmeal is known to exfoliate the skin and remove dead skin cells. Cucumber juice help in removing the tan effectively and cools down the skin. On the other hand, natural acids present yogurt purifies the skin, making it clearer and even-toned. Take 2-3 tablespoons full of oatmeal flour, a tablespoon of cucumber juice and yogurt. Mix all the ingredients well to make a smooth paste. Apply the paste over tanned hands and leave for 30 minutes. Later, wash off with cold water. Repeat the procedure thrice a week.
8. Aloe vera gel, lemon juice, and sandalwood:
Sandalwood popularly known for remove tanning from the skin. It soothes the skin as well. Aloe vera gel lightens the skin tone and prevents the skin from free radicals while lemon juice bleaches the skin and removes the tanning. Take two tablespoons full of aloe vera gel and a teaspoon of sandalwood powder. Add the juice of half a lemon to it and mix them well. Apply this paste over the tanned hands and leave for 20-30 minutes. Later, rinse off with cold water. Repeat the procedure thrice a week.
9. Potato and Honey Paste:
The enzymes present in the potato and honey lightens the skin tones effectively, removing tan from the skin. Take a potato and make its paste by processing it in a blender. Add two tablespoons of honey to it and mix well. Apply the mixture over the tanned skin and leave for 20 minutes. Later, rinse off with water. Follow this procedure thrice a week.
10. Orange Peel Scrub for Soft Hands and Feet:
Orange is an excellent source of Vitamin C. It helps to make you look younger and glowing. Orange peel powder acts as a great scrub. Its smooth exfoliating particles help to remove all the dead skin cells. It also makes skin brighter and more clear. Orange peels lighten up dark spots and sun tan. Coconut deeply moisturizes the skin and keeps it hydrated. It is rich in Vitamin A and C, and contains a lot of proteins. These factors provide a smooth and radiant skin. It can treat sun damage, and can provide a great relief from the pain of sunburn. It totally hides the all the signs of dry patches and makes skin super smooth. Honey is a natural bleaching agent and works well to remove tan. It also brightens up skin tone. To make this pack, make a very smooth powder of dry orange peel. Mix 2 tablespoons of crushed coconut power with the orange peel powder. Add 1 tablespoon of honey and few drops of lavender oil. Combine all the ingredients nicely and make a thick paste. Orange peel scrub is now ready to be used. Apply this scrub on your damp hands and feet, and gently exfoliate. Keep scrubbing for 10 minutes and then rinse off with warm water. Apply some olive oil on your hands and feet to lock the moisture in
10 Ways to Reduce Pores on Face Permanently
10 Ways to Remove Sun Tan under 30 Minutes or Less
10 Ways to Remove Black Pimple Marks Fast
7 Simple Ways To Remove Upper Lip Hair Naturally
8 Ways to Remove Makeup Without Makeup Remover
8 Effective Ways to Remove Permanent Tattoo
10 Creams to Remove Tan from Hands
Tan Removal Scrub for Hands: Do It Yourself
How to Get Rid of a Stubborn Body Tan and Achieve Flawless Skin