This is one question that pops in my mind whenever I am getting ready. Though I know that both bronzers and blushes can be used by themselves or simultaneously to achieve a glowy look and add radiance to any complexion regardless of skin colour or type. Yet what makes me freak out is the right application so that my face doesn’t look as if it has been plastered by makeup.
So today I will be sharing my information, which I have gathered through different sources, on how to look flawless even with layers of powder on your face. So, let’s start now.
Lighter skin beauties with pinkish undertones should skip bronzer and use blush to highlight their cheekbones and make their skin glow. Rose coloured blush creates the most natural flush for such skin types.
People with medium or olive skin tone can get away with using both a bronzer and a blush either by themselves, or together. Opt for a Matte bronzer to look really fresh and natural. Glitter or shimmery bronzers often add an odd, unnatural finish to the skin, and are best reserved to highlight cheekbones for night time. As for blushes they should go for a bright pink, or a soft red to really amp up their look and appear awake and refreshed.
Darker skinned ladies can use bronzer to help define cheekbones and even out the complexion. As for blushes they should pick something that can brighten their face. Darker complexions look best in deep colours such as plum, deep pink or burgundy.
Tips to apply bronzer and blush:
• Bronzer looks best when applied lightly to all the spots where the sun naturally shines (the forehead, cheeks, nose and chin). Choose a shade that’s no more than two shades darker than your skin.
• Avoid orange shades in a bronzer as it can look unnatural on your skin.
• Apply bronzer with a light hand, building it up in sheer layers.
• Apply blush in a circular motion to the apples of your cheeks (the lifted round zones that are created when you smile) and blend it outward toward your hairline for a natural look.
• If you’ve gone a bit too heavy on the powder blush, a bit of translucent powder over it will calm it down.
Blushes and bronzers come in a variety of finishes like powders, creams, gels etc. Mentioned below are few points that will help you pick the one best suited for your skin type.
• Opt for powders if you have oily skin. They provide a long lasting and oil-free colour to your skin.
• Cream products deliver a dense, rich colour that easily melts into the skin. They are best reserved for dry skin, as they have a glowy look, and can help moisturize.
• Gels are great for a natural flush, and provide a very sheer glow. These work best on oily to normal skin.
How To Get Youthful Hands
How To Choose The Right Perfume
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
How To Curl Hair Without Heat – Rags
How to Become Fair Naturally
How To Minimize A Large Forehead
How to Wear Belts
How To Perm Hair
How to Apply Liquid Foundation using Flat Top Kabuki Brush
How To Choose Foundation Shade for Skin
How to Get Rid of Stains from Silk Clothes
11 thoughts on “Should You Wear Bronzer or Blush?”
Very useful post 🙂 love all ur posts 🙂
thanks for this informative post era 🙂
Thanks for this post! Its very helpful 😀 I myself have a problem applying bronzer as I am so pale, you’re right that pale skinned girls should better stay away from bronzer. I look like an oompa loompa when I try to use a bronzer haha! I have read that a taupe coloured blush works well as a bronzer for pale girls, but haven’t tried it myself yet
Can you please suggest a good budget matt bronzer? I have combination skin.
hey swati..in indian market bronzers are very rare..you can check out bourjois chocolate bronzer or revlon’s photoready bronzer..another effective way is to get a couple of shades dark compact powder and use that for bronzing n contouring..it works quite well 🙂
the bourjois one is not discontinued. 🙁 you can try these colorbar shimmer magic baked blushes : https://makeupandbeauty.com/colorbar-shimmer-magic-baked-blush-es-bronzer-photos-swatches/
they are not matte but give such a lovely summery glos to the cheeks.
thanks era 🙂
these tips were super helpful
Good article, thanks for putting up!
very nice article Era! yay i can wear both blush n a bronzer! (fair n lovely take that! medium tones can get away with wearing two two products!) 😛
Thank you Rati and Parita! Will surely check them out!
thanks era really helpful post