Would you call neon colors fashion faux pas anymore? Definitely not! With the endless series of experiments with costumes, accessories, colors and makeup in neon colors, neon costume and makeup ideas constitute the hottest trend of the season! Want to know the nuances of how to wear neon colors? Here is an article which I hope would be of help to you!
How To Wear Neon: Guiding Principles and Steps
- What’s the event? Of course, the event is a great determining factor since neons are too bright to be worn to certain places and occasions. For instance, if you are a teacher, you might really feel awkward when you wear neon to school and the kids look at you like they have never seen you before! Neon is NEVER a good idea if you are visiting someone’s funeral. On the other hand, you can very well wear neon to parties and be the center of attraction!!
- What is your color? Neons are often “loud” and hence, choose colors which you think suits your personality. Whether it is tangy orange or a vibrant pink, florescent green or electric blue, for a neon color which you can carry with confidence.
- Which shade is the best? The neon color you choose may have hundreds of shades; see which one matches your purpose and preference.
- Matching it right: Mix and match the colors. If you are not comfortable wearing neons from head to toe (which is again not desired as well), keep it simple. Mix it up with dark pastel shades so that the neon stands out and yet does not feel too “neon!!”
- Neon accessories: Get hold of neon accessories like shoes and bags in neon colors. You can also choose to paint your nail, lips or eyes in neon colors.
- Get that NEON feeling: Neon is bright color and stands for a happy and jolly mood! Feel happy, feel Neon!
How To Wear Neon Makeup: Tips and Ideas
- Apply foundation on your face and sweep some translucent powder on the face.
- Apply some florescent eyes shadow (pink is a safe neon shade) on your eyelids. You can pair a fluorescent color in contrasting shade, say bright yellow eye shadow, in your eyes’ inner corners only.
- Apply eyeliner in black color if you want to keep it to bare minimum. Go for electric blue or green for a more daring neon look. Load your eyelashes with black mascara.
- Sweep some pink blush across your cheeks.
- Apply a nude lipstick shade. If you have put less focus on your eyes, paint your lips in neon pink shade.
How To Wear Neon: Tips
- Avoid going neon in clothes, makeup and accessories all together. It would lead up to imparting a clownish look!
- Accessories play and vital role in accentuating neon dress and makeup.
- For shy people who want to start experimenting with neon colors, it is better to start off with neon shades in the lower half of your body. Get leggings and shoes in neon for beginners, paint toe nails in shades of neon. You can also want to try out neon shades for your bags to accentuate monochromatic outfits.
- For the fun-loving and the bold, neon can be worn on upper half of your body, even on your face in the form of neon makeup.
- For a daring attempt in neon, place a piece of clothing in neon color on your favorite body part. For instance, you can put on a neon scarf on your hair in a stylish way or wear neon stole to give a new dimension to your looks.
- When it comes to makeup, it is good to focus one feature with neon colors and keep the rest neutral.
- If you want to add some glittery effect, choose neon makeup with glitters, say eyes shadow, lip color or eye liner.
- Keep it simple and avoid overdoing neon.
How To Wear Neon: My Selections
- Pink, I feel, is a safe neon color. Not only is it bright and extremely attractive, but it also makes you look dazzling without that outrageous effect! Though I have almost everything in shades of florescent pink, starting from nail polish and lipstick to bags, shoes, leggings and stoles, here are a few of those I would like to showcase:
1. My stunning neon pink stole:
2. My huge neon pink bag:
3. My neon pink shoes, which I wear when I take this neon bag:
- I love sarees and I wanted something in neon. Green was a good choice but to drape yourself from head to toe (that’s what a saree does) in florescent green takes a lot of doing! So, I chose a toned down shade of neon green, which looks bright yet soothing to the eyes, with borders of glittery silver and a net “pallu” to disperse the “complete neon” effect! I generally wear it with delicate stone jewellery.
- Finally, like a true neon lover, I got my new Nokia Asha mobile phone in a vibrant shade of neon green.
How to Wear Clothes to Hide Your Tummy
How To Wear Colored Pants To Work
How To Wear Bright Makeup
How to Wear Jewelry & Fashion Accessories
10 Ways To Wear Nautical Stripes
Five Great Ways to do Neon Right
Outfit Of The Day – Neon Blouse and White Pants
VOV Neon Nail Paints