The hype around protein powders, imported foods, appetite suppressant meals, fat burners, weight loss supplements, magic teas, etc., can give us the impression that diet food is expensive and hence weight loss cannot happen on a budget! Contrary to popular belief, diet food doesn’t have to drain your wallet because weight loss does not involve purchasing a whole set of meal replacement shakes and meals and giving up normal, everyday food. Daily, everyday food is so much effective for weight loss when compared to what is concocted in a bottle or packet with expensive price tags. Fruits, vegetables, basic everyday groceries, and even spices that you can eat every single day, can actually help you to lose weight. Read on to know why weight loss food is not expensive and how you can shed all the extra pounds by having normal “ghar ka khana.”
According to a research from Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH), the price of eating a healthy diet rich in fruits, vegetables, fish, and nuts averages just around $1.50 per day more than a less-healthy diet (which can run up your medical bills in future!) You just need to know what to eat, how to eat, how much to eat, and when to eat. And we, at Rati Beauty,create diet plans that suit the Indian palate and fit within everyone’s budget. Also, when you prepare your own food, you know exactly what’s in it and how it was made, eliminating the chance of toxic ingredients that trigger inflammation that can block weight loss (transfat, monosodium glutamate) for example.
The healthy and safest way to lose weight is by getting into a calorie deficit whilst consuming nutrient-dense food. Your diet should have optimum amount of protein, fiber, healthy fats, vitamins, minerals, in order to function, even to burn fat, and the most inexpensive way is by eating real food.
Here’s why Weight Loss Food is Not Expensive:
1. Protein is a macronutrient which plays an important role in weight loss. Protein-rich foods tend to be more filling and satisfying. When you consume protein, it promotes feelings of fullness and reduce hunger. As a result, you may naturally eat fewer calories overall, leading to weight loss. By consuming more protein, you can slightly increase your metabolic rate and calorie expenditure. Also, protein is essential for maintaining and repairing muscle tissue. By consuming an adequate amount of protein, you can help preserve your muscle mass while losing fat. This is particularly important as muscle tissue burns more calories than fat tissue, even at rest, so maintaining muscle can help boost your metabolism. Various dals like urad dal, rajma, moong dal, soybeans, chickpeas, and then chicken, eggs, peanuts, fish, paneer, tofu, Greek yogurt, are all good sources of protein and they are not at all expensive. Also read: “7 High-Protein Snacks To Boost Weight Loss.”
2. A very effective method to feel fuller within fewer calories is by filling half of your plate with vegetables, and just how much do fresh veggies cost? Vegetables like cauliflower, okra (bhindi), carrot, cabbage, broccoli, beetroot, etc., are extremely low in calories and considered one of the most-filling foods. They nourish the body with vitamins, antioxidants, fiber, protein, minerals, necessary to synthesize essential hormones and enzymes that boost weight loss. Though healthy foods should be taken in limited amount, fresh vegetables are an exception, which you can eat in much larger portions. Come to think of it, who has ever gained weight by eating platefuls of “bhindi masala!” Health experts, in fact, recommend getting 2 to 3 servings of vegetables each day. So, get loads of nutrients and still stay in calorie deficit by including lots of veggies in your diet.
3. There’s no need to spend money on detox drinks either – just a cup or two of green tea is good enough. Green tea is rich in antioxidants, particularly catechins like epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). Antioxidants protect cells from free radicals and reduce oxidative stress. Also, green tea contains caffeine, a natural stimulant that can increase metabolism and energy expenditure. The combination of caffeine and catechins found in green tea has been suggested to enhance fat oxidation and promote weight loss. These compounds may help the body break down stored fat and use it as a source of energy. A pack of 25 green tea bags would cost just around 200 INR.
4. Locally sourced foods and seasonal foods retain maximum nutrients and are inexpensive
compared to imported food that’s comparatively higher in price. Locally-sourced foods may have the advantage of being fresher and nutrient dense as well when compared to imported ones.
5. Whole grains, minimally polished rice, millets like foxtail, kodo, proso, are so inexpensive. In fact, the healthiest of millets, ragi is just 50 INR for one kg. Whole grains and millets are rich in nutrients, especially fiber that helps reduce overall calorie intake and also keeps the gut healthy. As we already know, a happy gut paves the way for successful weight loss because the gut microbiota plays a crucial role in regulating appetite and food cravings. Certain bacteria in the gut produce short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs) when they digest fiber. SCFAs have been associated with increased satiety, reduced hunger hormones, and improved blood sugar regulation, which can help control appetite and prevent overeating. All these fiber-rich foods are super affordable and form a part of our staple diet. Also read: “8 Healthy Diet Tips For Students During Exams.”
6. Affordable Snacks: Popcorn, roasted chickpeas, puffed rice/murmure, corn chaat, sweet potato, roasted peanuts, apple-peanut butter combo, nuts, and even bhelpuri are weight loss friendly! So, now there’s no need to pop appetite-suppressant pills, enjoy these snacks even if you are on a diet.
On the other hand, ultra-processed foods that are marketed as “healthy,” like breakfast cereals and meal replacement programs are expensive. We want to reiterate that you can lose oodles of weight by eating normal “ghar ka khana,” – you just have to know what to eat, how to eat, when to eat, and we at Rati Beauty would share our knowledge and expertise with you. With the diet plans on Rati Beauty, you would discover how smart meal planning, strategic grocery shopping, and clever ingredient choices can pave the way to weight loss. We have affordable ingredients with hidden gems that you can find at the local grocery store, and easy-to-follow recipes that will revolutionize your approach to healthy eating. We also help you identify all the unhealthy habits in your daily routine especially in terms of lifestyle that are standing between you and your goal weight. We help you figure out healthy foods that initiate the fat burning. The only expense is that you might incur in buying a new wardrobe. What we need is commitment and that’s half the battle won!
7 High-Protein Snacks To Boost Weight Loss
8 Healthy Diet Tips For Students During Exams