There are a few golden rules that when followed help you shed extra weight and reach your goal weight, but there are certain weight loss rules that are misguiding and actually come in the way of you getting to a fitter version of yourself. Even with strict dieting and regular exercise, if the results are not showing on the weighing scale, it’s time to think which weight loss rule is acting as a roadblock. Some weight loss rules can in fact make you gain weight, and in this post, we will find out which ones are the black sheep hampering your progress.
1. No Cheat Meals Ever! A “cheat meal” once a week is a necessary evil in any weight loss plan. If someone asks you to totally give up your favorite food, then you are most probably following the wrong kind of diet plan. Cheat meals are essential to reset metabolism, satisfy cravings, prevent overeating, and most importantly, to overcome weight loss plateau, they also help you stick to your diet plan better. That’s why Rati Beauty weight loss diets promote indulging a cheat meal once a week to boost weight loss efforts. It’s a reward-based diet strategy that allows you to indulge in your favorite food outside of your diet program once a week and also sets the stage for burning of extra body fat further. Read about “10 Cheat Meal Rules for Weight Loss” in this post.
2. Say no to Gluten even if you are not Gluten Intolerant: “Gluten” is considered the new villain along with “all form of carbs” in certain weight loss rule books! People with celiac disease are intolerant to the protein gluten that’s commonly found in wheat, rye, barley, cereals, and other grains, but if someone is not intolerant, there’s no need to avoid this protein since no concrete studies have found a link between gluten-free diet and weight loss. Going on a gluten-free diet will prevent you from getting essential nutrients and vitamins that are necessary for the fat-burning process. Your weight loss journey might in fact slow down without these nutrients which are easily available through these cereals and grains that also have gluten.
3. Doing Crunches Will Give you Washboard Abs: How many times have you heard this before? “Abs are made in the kitchen, but get defined in the gym.” And it’s absolutely true! Doing hundreds of abs would be of no use if your diet is not on point – that’s why the weight loss diets on Rati Beauty app help define those abs by putting you on a weight loss diet and there are various ab exercises that you can do at home.
4. Say no to All Forms of Fat: Not all fats are created equal! Healthy fats are an essential part of anyone’s healthy diet because they help to absorb fat-soluble vitamins and nutrients, increase metabolism, reduce insulin spikes and prevent fat storage. On the other hand, when fat content is ripped away, it leaves food bland and tasteless, and to make it appealing to the palate – lots of sugar, refined flour, emulsifiers, and thickeners are added – all these ingredients increase the calorie content to a great extent. So, avoid transfat, saturated fat, and get a good dose of healthy fats, and avoid fat-free versions of processed food. Read “How Eating Fats Can Make you Thin” in this post.
5. Aim For Zero Carbs: Carbohydrates are an essential part of a balanced diet, since they provide your brain and body with the necessary mental and physical energy. Refined carbs can be unhealthy when consumed in high amounts. So, instead of totally cutting out carbs from your diet, you can opt to eat foods with good carbs which is essential for your body. Listed below are 12 healthy high-carb foods.
6. Crash Diet to Lose Weight Quickly: Crash dieting also would mean cutting down of food sources that provide nutrients and it would eventually lead to hair fall, dry skin, hyperpigmentation, dark spots, and slowing down of the fat burning process. With crash dieting, you would end up looking malnourished and weak rather than fit and healthy. Crash dieting will leave you with little or absolutely no energy to do workout or exercise, so there you go – multiple reasons why you should not try crash diet. Crash dieting also slows down metabolism and keeps fat burning to minimal. That’s why following Rati Beauty weight loss program takes off the pressure of counting calories, and keeps the problem of crash dieting away.
7. Eat only Egg Whites: Getting enough protein in your daily diet is essential for weight loss and eggs are an inexpensive source of protein. However, most people tend to skip the yolk and eat just the whites, but then you are missing out some great vitamins and minerals by doing that. If your daily diet is limited to two to three eggs days per day, then eat it whole instead of picking up on just the egg whites.
8. You can Eat As Many Cucumber and Carrots As you Want: Untrue! Some people think they can have unlimited food that has been termed “healthy,” but they still have calories and those have to be counted. Do maintain a calorie deficit to shed extra weight, and we will tell you how on the Rati Beauty app.
9. You have to Exercise Every Single Day of the Year: Exercising is great for the body as well as the mind, but overdoing workout can prove counterproductive. The body needs rest and the muscles need to recover, and if you are not resting for one or two days in a week, the fat-burning process will not be up to the mark.
10. Aim to Include As Many Zero Calorie Foods As Possible: Zero calorie foods are not exactly zero calories! They still have some amount of calories, and by aiming to build a diet around such foods will prove harmful because you will be missing out essential nutrients such as protein, fiber, vitamins, healthy fats, etc., that’s readily available in other food items.
11. Working out Too Late in the Night: If you don’t have enough time to workout in the morning, try to squeeze in time towards the evening because late-night workouts can hamper sleep quality by keeping you awake by releasing endorphins that are released during intense physical activity. Not getting enough sleep can destroy your weight loss goals by slowing down your metabolism and preventing the body from burning calories Low sleeping hours will also activate the level of hunger hormone “ghrelin” and you will wake up “hangry” in the morning.
12. Workout for Just 15 to 20 Minutes in a Day and you are sorted: Exercising for just 20 minutes in the morning and leading a sedentary lifestyle for the most part of the day will make you gain weight instead. Keep moving throughout the day and indulge in NEAT activities.
13. Sticking to only Cardio Exercises: Cardio exercises are great, but only when you do them along with strength training, HIIT (high intensity interval training), and other form of workouts because running for hours together on the treadmill or stationary bike will only burn minimal amount of calories. Mix low intensity exercises, stretching, cardio, and functioning training to lose weight at a faster pace.
14. Picking only “Low Fat” food on a diet: When fat content is subtracted, it usually makes food bland and tasteless. To appeal to the tastebuds of consumers, food companies often add lots of sugar, refined carbs, salt, emulsifiers, transfat, and thickeners which all add loads of calories and increase the risk of inflammation. Picking up only “low fat” food while on a diet will defeat the whole purpose where one wants to lose weight and get healthy.
Hope these tips help you to eliminate some rules that have been coming in the way of a lighter you.