Top 11 Well Dressed Indian Politicians
I watch Lok Sabha channel a lot during the parliament sessions. I find it immensely interesting to watch our elected representatives engage in verbal duels and repartee, the political debates, and the procedures through which a bill is passed and no-confidence motions won. Amongst all these proceedings, I do not fail to notice how lousily our politicians dress themselves. Around 99.9% politicians are seen in crisp white and the remaining 1% those who add colour are either sadhus in their saffron or some fashionista/bollywood imports who found their way into the parliament.
Amongst all the Indian politicians, there are quite a few who stand out due to their impeccable and tasteful dressing styles. One of the earliest and most popular politicians of yore who looked and managed to look presentable was Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. His Nehru cap and bandgala added to his persona along with the indispensable red rose in his kurta. I consider Nehru as the most stylish and well-dressed politicians of all times, but there are quite a few of the present crop of politicians who have sophisticated and classy dressing style. Let’s see who they are . 🙂
1. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. It is rumored that he shopped for his clothes in London and got them stitched in Paris. It is also rumored that he got his clothes washed and ironed in Paris…..:shock: .
Rajiv Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira Gandhi.
2. Jyothiraditya Scindia. He belongs to the royal family of Gwalior and is the son of the late Madhavrao Schindia. He is a member of parliament in congress party and currently holds the position of Union Minister of State for Commerce & Industry in the present government. Jyothiraditya Scindia is always seen impeccably dressed whether he is attending parliament sessions in his kurta pyjama or taking part in official events in well-fitting suits.
3. Agatha Sangma. She is the daughter of former Lok Sabha speaker P.A. Sangma. She is an MP from the Tura constituency in Meghalaya. Currently, she holds the position of a minister of state for rural development.
Ms. Sangma although a politician, dresses according to her age and is seen in chic western and indo-western clothes even while attending her ministerial meetings. During her swearing-in ceremony, she wore a traditional Meghalayan costume and everybody including Sonia Gandhi cheered her on. A class apart from all the ministers and politicians, she runs her ministry smoothly and efficiently. She is also the youngest minister in the current government.
4. Shashi Tharoor. Shashi Tharoor was a diplomat and held the post of an under-general secretary in the United Nations. Mr. Tharoor is never seen with a hair out of place. He is a member of parliament from Thiruvanthuparam in Kerala.
Although, almost all Kerala politicians are seen in dhoti or mundu (Vayalar Ravi, A. K. Antony), Mr. Tharoor cuts a suave picture with his dressing style. His days in the United Nations as a diplomat perhaps help him to dress in such a way I guess.
5. Shaina NC.
She is a very famous fashion designer whose forte is designing sarees. She is a BJP worker and although she is not an MP or MLA, she is a politician and a well-dressed politician.
6. Sachin Pilot. He is the son of late Rajesh Pilot and is a member of parliament from the Ajmer constituency. He currently is a minister of state in the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology.
Mr Sachin Pilot too dresses according to the occasion. If he is attending parliament or taking a tour of his constituency, he is seen in the indispensable white kurta and pyjama. If he is attending meetings for the telecom ministry, he is seen in well-cut suits.
7. Vasundhara raje Scindia. She belongs to the royal family of Gwalior and was a chief minister for the state of Rajasthan.
Ms. Scindia is very famous/infamous for her indulgence in costly designer sarees, diamonds, pearls, sunglasses, and jewellery. She dresses up like a royal and dresses well.
8. Brinda Karat. She is a prominent leader of the CPI (M). She is always seen with a huge bindi on her forehead and lovely Bengali cotton sarees, which even though draped haphazardly looks very pretty.
9. Hema Malini. She is an active member of the BJP. Hema Malini added a dab of colour and richness to the otherwise drab parliament when she was a member of Rajya Sabha until 2009.
She was seen in colorful sarees and salwars and was always stylishly turned up for the proceedings. Hema Malini should return to the parliament to add style and to inspire others through her dressing style if not for anything else.
10. Renuka Chowdhury. Renuka Chowdhury is the official spokesperson for the congress party. She is seen all over the TV almost on a daily basis, taking part in TV debates and defending her government.
Ms. Chowdhury was a model while she was in college and you would never catch Ms. Chowdhury with an unmade eyebrow or “un-eyelinered eyes.” As far as her dressing style is concerned, she is seen in carefully picked elegant light silk sarees and trendy sarees.
11. Sonia Gandhi. Ms. Gandhi is the congress president and basically she is the high command. Ms. Gandhi is always seen in cotton sarees which sometimes are colorful but then they are toned down too. Even if she wears red sarees or bright orange sarees, it appears to have been toned down.
She is never seen with a pleat out of place and walks with amazing confidence in a saree. Hats off to her sensible dressing style. If one were to look at her younger day pictures, she looked so elegant in her skirts and dresses.
I hope more Indian politicians get inspired from these people and dress well and in accordance to match to the stature of a statesman/stateswoman.
Also Read :
Survey Result: Top 5 Bollywood Actresses With Best Makeup
8 Bollywood Actresses who have Undergone Plastic Surgery
Top 10 Bollywood and Hollywood Plastic Surgery Disasters
Secretive Beauty Secrets of Bollywood Celebrities
Top 5 Youtube Videos on Bollywood Celebrities Without Makeup
Top 5 Bollywood Movies for Fashion Inspiration
Top Bollywood Actresses in Backless Dresses