A while ago, I had reviewed a few shades from the Wet n Wild 1 Step Wonder gel nail polishes. I was suitably impressed by them and hence went ahead to by a few more shades from the range. Today, I am reviewing the shades – Coral Support, Crime of Passion, It’s Sher-bert Day. So, read on to find out how they fared on me.
$4.99. Prices may vary from store to store.
It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s Wonder Gel! The first gel formula that doesn’t require a top coat and cures without a lamp, this nail color breakthrough is about to become your nail superhero. Provides up to 2 weeks of color and shine in 1 easy step.
- Up to 2 weeks of color and shine based on consumer grading.
- No UV Light required.
- No harsh removal.
- 3-Free! No Formaldehyde, Toluene, or Phthalates!
My Experience with Wet n Wild 1 Step Wonder Gel Nail Color – Coral Support, Crime of Passion, It’s Sher-Bert Day:
Packaging: These nail polishes come in a completely black glass bottle. I personally like to see the color of the nail polish through clear glass, so I am not really a fan of this packaging. There are stickers on the bottle which are supposed to match the shade of the actual nail polish. However, as you can see from the shades that I am reviewing today, the stickers look almost the same.
The bottle itself feels quite sturdy and heavy. The brush is a standard one which is okay to use. It makes the application easy, precise and mess-free.
Formula/Finish/Performance: The consistency of this nail polish range is slightly on the thicker side, but they do spread easily and go on smoothly on the nails.
All the shades that I am reviewing today are strongly pigmented and go opaque in a single swipe. You can apply multiple swipes if you like but it is not really needed.
This range promises to deliver a high-shine gel finish without a top coat or UV light. It does provide a nice glossy finish to the nails and you do not need an extra top coat. However, the staying power is not really close to gel manicure. The polish begins to lose its glossiness by day 3 and the nail polish starts to chip and fade around the edges by day 5. This kind of a staying power is actually pretty good compared to most nail polishes in the market. However, the claims of 2 weeks of staying power is clearly a stretch.
The drying power of this range is pretty impressive and the nail polish dries in a minute or so. Even multiple coats dry fast. The nail polish is also easy to remove.
Now, for some detailed review of each of the colors:
1. Coral Support: “Coral Support” is true to its name and is a lovely coral pink shade. It is a girly shade which will look good in the summer months. The good part is that it does not look too bright or garish on the nails.
2. Crime of Passion: “Crime of Passion” is a gorgeous tomato red shade. It is red and hence it is bound to be bright, but again, it does not look garish and can be worn by more mature ladies as well.
3. It’s Sher-bert Day: “It’s Sher-bert Day” is a bright pink shade. It is a pretty shade and again apt for the upcoming warmer months. It is quite bright and hence might not appeal to all, but it is a fun flirty shade for sure. This shade does stain the nails and I would recommend wearing a base coat.
Pros of Wet n Wild 1 Step Wonder Gel Nail Color – Coral Support, Crime of Passion, It’s Sher-Bert Day:
- Pretty glossy finish.
- Good consistency of polish, applies well.
- Dries very fast.
- Easy to remove.
- Quite affordable.
- No Formaldehyde, Toluene, or Phthalates.
Cons of Wet n Wild 1 Step Wonder Gel Nail Color – Coral Support, Crime of Passion, It’s Sher-Bert Day:
- Claims of 2 weeks of staying power is not really true.
- Will not be an alternative to gel manicure at a salon.
- It’s Sher-bert Day stains the nails.
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Wet n Wild 1 Step Wonder Gel Nail Color – Coral Support, Crime of Passion, It’s Sher-Bert Day?
Yes, I would surely recommend you to try these out as this is a pretty good range of nail polish. I would surely try out other colors from this range.
Wet n Wild 1 Step Wonder Gel Nail Color – Stay Classy, Missy in Pink, Pardon My Peach
Wet n Wild Wild Shine Nail Colors – Tickled Pink, Lavender Crème, Blazed, Kaleidoscope, Matte Top Coat
Wet n Wild Eyeshadows
Wet n Wild Color Icon Heather Silk Blusher
Wet n Wild Fergie Centerstage Perfect Pout Lip Color in Fuchsianista
Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick – Cherry Frost
Wet n Wild Mega Shield Lipstick with SPF 15 – It’s a Girl
Inglot Dry and Shine Nail Enamel Drying Drops
Essie Fiji Nail Color
Sally Hansen Brilliant Bordeaux Diamond Strength Nail Color
Lakme True Wear Nail color #103 Twilight Mauve & #241 Metallics
Urban Decay Chaos Nail Color
Lakme Absolute Gel Stylist Nail Paint – Pink Champagne
Nails Inc Gel Effect Nail Polish – The Boltons and Grosvenor Crescent
Lakme Absolute Gel Stylist Nail Paint – Nude Glow
Nails Inc Gel Effect Nail Polish Uptown and Old Bond Street