Wet n Wild Idol Eyes Creme Shadow Pencil in Electro: Review, Pictures & Swatches
Wet n wild is a popular drugstore brand in U.S. .One can find decent products from this brand starting from as low as 1-2 $. I wasn’t aware much about it, got interested in the Wet n Wild when Zeeba did a review on its blush, and claimed that it was quite a close dupe of NARS orgasm blush. Even Nia, did a review on the eye shadow palettes she uses. So, I pestered my friends in US to send across a few things from wet n wild too… anyways, Cutting the crap apart of having that privilege of foreign friends, Here, I will be reviewing the Idol eyes crème shadow pencil today.
WHAT THE WET n WILD CLAIMS ABOUT THE PRODUCT
Soft-blending, creamy eye shadow at the convenience of a pencil. Silky-smooth formula glides on easily for high-impact, light-infused color that lasts for hours.
You’ve got the best of both worlds. Combining the convenience of a pencil with the application of an eyeshadow in a jumbo-sized crayon design. Stick on smooth color anytime, anywhere with this pigment-rich stick for a long-lasting creamy finish with a stroke of edgy color.
• Easy to blend color in rich, vibrant shade
• Create the perfect funky daytime look or glam, night time effect
• Stick formula allows for application on the go
• Easy to apply; for use anytime, anywhere
• For a long-lasting creamy finish
• Line upper and lower lash line and smudge for a sexy, smoky look.
• Apply as shadow to the upper lid for a flash of edgy color.
• For more intensity, layer colors.
PRICE, $2.99 FOR Size 0.11 oz.
(Costed me around INR 250 including shipping)
• 130 Pixie gold
• 131 Electro cobalt
• 132 Envy green
• 133 Techno purple
• 134 Distress navy
• 135 Graphite black
The shades I got were pixie and electro. Unfortunately, a friend liked the shade pixie a lot, and forced me to gift it to her, so I am left with this shade electro. 😐
• Packaging: These pencils come in stubby and thick tubes. They’re very similar to NYX Cosmetic’s Jumbo Eye Pencils.
(R-L single swipe-two swipes)
MY EXPERIENCE WITH Wet n Wild Idol Eyes Creme Shadow Pencil
When I first swatched the pencil on my hand, I was completely awed/ shocked at how intensely creamy and buttery, these pencils really were. They glide on like nothing! Pigmentation wise, you can tell from the swatch (single swipe one) that it is slight on the sheer side, but they can be built upon for more coverage. Also, I have noticed this makes really AWESOME base for eye shadow application. It has this fantastic holographic quality that will add a whole new level of dimension to your eye shadow looks. . For me, I would never use this as eye shadow alone because my lids are slight oily and this would crease. However, with an eye shadow base, this stays on for long and the creasing is less. If you have drier lids, you can definitely use this as eye shadow alone or liner.
What I like about Wet n Wild Idol Eyes Creme Shadow Pencil
• These pencils are really creamy, smooth and just glide like a dream.
• Good pigmentation.
• Ease of application being a sturdy pencil.
• Awesome as an eye shadow base, gives that pop to the eyes for party eye make ups.
• Extremely economical at $2.99 price.
• Available in 6 beautiful and very wearable shades.
What I don’t like about Wet n Wild Idol Eyes Creme Shadow Pencil
• Being really creamy, it would crease if you have oily eye lids (without a decent primer/eye shadow base.)
• I somehow prefer retractable pencils over the ones we need to sharpen.
• No mention of ingredients list on the pencil or on the site
• Not easily available in India.
Overall verdict- these pencils are a great value for money for there $2.99 price. And I find these quite comparable to NYX Jumbo sticks.
Will I buy these again– yes, I would; in fact have already asked for other shades when I learnt that these are available at times for BOGO schemes. :))
IMBB Rating– 3.5 on 5 (-1.5 for all the cons listed above :D)
Hope I did some justice to the product review, even being a make novice…!!! 😀 😀 😀
Have you used Wet n Wild Idol Eyes Creme Shadow Pencil? Please rate in the box below
Also Read ;
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Milk Review, Swatches
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Yoghurt Review, Swatches
MAC Feline Kohl Power EyePencil Review, EOTD, Experiment
MAC Fluidline Blacktrack vs Wet ‘n’ Wild Eyes Crème Liner Black
Wet n Wild Eyeshadows
Makeup with Wet n Wild Eyeshadow and Blush
Wet n wild Rouge Powder Review, swatches