Wet n Wild, E.L.F. and NYX are three of my most favorite brands of makeup ever. The quality is amazing at the prices they offer and there are so many different colors and products to choose from that you really get your money’s worth and then some.
After being highly impressed by its Megalast Lip Colors, I decided to try out Wet n Wild’s eyeshadows as well. I ordered a few of the Color Icon Eyeshadow Trios from nonpareilboutique.com. The palettes I would be reviewing today are: I Got Good Jeans and Silent Treatment. I haven’t had a chance to play around with the others, so a review on them would be coming a little later.
According to websites, Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio comes in three coordinating shades for the perfect eye look. Wet n Wild eyeshadow palette is designed for convenience application on brow bone, crease and eyelid. Highlight, define and accentuate your eyes with Wet n Wild Eyeshadow Trios.
nonpareilboutique.com, amazon.com, ebay.com, drugstores abroad. Not available in India.
Available in 12 combinations.
“I Got Good Jeans” consists of a metallic shimmery pale blue brow bone shade, a deep navy blue crease shade with blue shimmers, and a shimmery yellow gold eyelid shade.
“Silent Treatment” includes a shimmery light peach browbone shade, a dark brown crease shade with gold shimmer, and a shimmery purple taupe eyelid shade.
What I Love About Wet ‘n’ Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio:
• Both these trios have amazing color combinations. I Got Good Jeans is fantastic for creating a dramatic eye and has one of my most favorite color combinations ever, dark blue and gold. Silent Treatment is more of a neutral palette and I use it the most for creating subtle everyday looks.
• Every color in both the palettes has a great pigmentation. The colors are so intense that even without an eyelid primer, they come off as vibrant as they look in the pan.
• Just a single swipe with either a finger or a brush is needed to get the color.
• The colors are marked as “eyelid”, “crease” and “browbone”. Even a beginner can follow this taking out guesswork from the equation.
• Even though colors are marked as to where to use, there’s no limit in the number of ways both of these palettes can be used. Each color is beautiful on its own as well as multiple looks can be achieved using a combination of the shadows. The same palette can be used for both a neutral look as well as a dramatic one.
• The shadows are extremely smooth in texture and blend really well.
• I have not experienced any sort of fall out with any of the 6 colors in these 2 palettes.
• Even without a primer, these colors last all day without fading at all.
• Comes off very easily with a makeup remover.
• The shadows do not crease on me even without a primer.
• The palettes come with a small angled fluffy brush as well as a sponge tip applicator. These are not the best of tools but I do use them some times when I am in a hurry.
• Each palette costs just $3 and given that there are 3 very generous-sized shadows, it’s a very good deal.
• Both the trios have a really deep color that can be used as an eyeliner.
• Given that there are a lot of good eyeshadow palettes from a lot of brands, what makes the Wet n Wild palettes different and better to me than most other trios is the combination of colors each comes with.
o I Got Good Jeans has the most beautiful dark blue color that I have ever seen. It is intensely pigmented and pairing it with a gold color really is a combination I have not seen in many palettes in the market. The gold color is also very wearable and looks amazing on its own as an eyelid color. The light blue color that has been marked as a browbone highlighter can be used as an overall lid color and will look just amazing. I am not a huge fan of blue shadows but both the light and dark shades of blue are totally wearable are do not look frosty at all.
o Silent Treatment is one of the best neutral palettes I own. The crease color is a shade that I have never ever seen before. It is a very deep chocolate shade with a beautiful gold shimmer and it’s this shimmer that differentiates this color from the browns I have seen before. Even the taupe color is a very unique shade that you wont find in many palette or in many brands. A wonderful neutral smokey eye can be achieved with this palette.
• Both these palettes will look good on Indian skintones. Even the shimmer in the shades are totally wearable and not over the top at all. I wish Silent Treatment had one matte shade but it’s not that big a deal. The shimmer is understated if you don’t overdo the taupe shade.
• I also like their random names quite a bit.
• Packaging, for the price, is okay too. Neither great nor horrible.
What I Don’t Like about Wet ‘n’ Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio:
• There’s absolutely nothing that I don’t love about these 2 palettes, maybe a mirror would have been a good addition to the palette, but I really don’t mind not having one.
• Not available in India. Can be only bought online.
(A very neutral smokey eye created in just a couple of minutes using the Silent Treatment Palette. Used the brow bone color all over the lid and then used the deep brown crease shade to smoke the whole look. The same lid color has been used as a brow highlight. I did not use the eyelid taupe color as I wanted to do something really really simple today).
I can’t find any faults with these trios. At such prices, these are amazing. I really recommend getting these trios if you can. Every combination is unique and so many looks can be created from one palette. The colors are smooth, pigmented, long lasting and just gorgeous. I highly recommend it to everyone and I myself will be getting as many as I can. At these prices, you really cannot go wrong with these wonderful trios. I will even go as far as saying that these shadows are probably the smoothest and most beautiful eyeshadows I own, even better than NYX.
Wet n Wild Megaglo Illuminating Powder in Catwalk Pink
Wet n Wild Eyeshadows
Wet n Wild Idol Eyes Creme Shadow Pencil Electro
Makeup with Wet n Wild Eyeshadow and Blush
Wet n wild Rouge Powder Review, swatches
Wet n Wild Mega Glo Illuminating Bronzing Powder- Review, Swatches
Wet n wild Rouge Powder Review, swatches
Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color
Inglot Eye Shadow Freedom System & My Palette
LA Colors Baked Eyeshadow
Avon Dual Ended Eye Shadow Metallic Brown – Spring Green
NYX Eyeshadow Trio in Copper/ Rust/ Bronze
Coastal Scents 88 Color Eye Shadow Palette Review, Photos
Bh Cosmetics 88 Colors Cool Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette
Maybelline Expertwear Eyeshadow Trio Bronze Glitz
Chambor EyeShadow Trio (Bronze)
L’oreal Paris – Color Appeal Trio Pro EyeShadow Review & Tutorial
Faces Minerals Eye Shine Trio Beechwood 01