Vitamin C is an extremely potent skincare ingredient that single-handedly can bring about a remarkable change in your skin’s texture and clarity, provided you use it correctly. It works as an excellent antioxidant neutralize the harmful effects of free radicals, preventing wrinkles and premature ageing. Vitamin C is amazing at fading acne scars, blemishes, and hyperpigmentation, it improves skin texture and makes it flawless. There are various vitamin C serums available, but such serums lose their potency within a short period of time if not stored properly. However, powdered form of vitamin C or L-ascorbic acid, can be used to make face packs and work more effectively to clarify and improve skin’s texture. This powdered vitmin C also has antioxidants that prevent wrinkles, fade away blemishes, dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and improve overall quality of the skin.
Why Vitamin C Powder is Better than Vitamin C Serum?
Most vitamin C serums are unstable as they oxidize when exposed to air and light, also heat, and once this happens, it’s no longer effective on the skin. Powdered vitamin C can be added into just about anything, your face cream, moisturizer, and even body lotion to boost collagen production and clear away dark spots. You can mix vitamin C with other skin-beneficial ingredients and get added benefits from those ingredients.
1. Vitamin C + Honey: Vitamin C and honey is a great combination for any skin type because honey has moisturizing and soothing properties, and adds a natural glow to the skin when combined with vitamin C. To make this pack, add 1 tbsp honey with 1/2 tbsp vitamin C powder. Mix all ingredients together. Massage onto face for 1-2 minutes in a gentle, circular motion. Leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and a wash cloth.
2. Vitamin C + Rose Water: Adding rose water to vitamin C powder will help prevent any skin irritation arising out of vitamin C (if you have sensitive skin). Rose water also has antioxidants and mixing rose water to make a pack is the most basic way you can use powdered L-ascorbic acid. Keep it for 15 minutes and rinse off without using any soap or face wash.
3. Vitamin C + Green Tea: This pack gives your skin a double dose of antioxidants – both green tea and vitamin C can help neutralize free radicals and prevent premature ageing. Brew one cup of green tea, let it cool, and add 1/2 tbsp of vitamin C powder. You can transfer this to a spray bottle and use it as a toner as well.
3. Glycerin: Mix 1/2 tbsp of vitamin C powder with 1 tbsp of glycerin and it would make an excellent toner. Glycerin tends to attract moisture into your skin, works as a humectant, and this pack will provide both moisturizing and brightening effects.
4. Vitamin C with Aloe Vera: You can amp up the effect of any face pack by adding aloe vera and it’s the same with vitamin C powder. Aloe vera tackles a majority of skincare woes, has antioxidants, heals and soothes skin, and moisturize skin well. Add 1/2 tbsp of vitamin C powder with 2 tbsp of aloe vera. Keep it for 20 minutes and wipe off with soft washcloth.
5. Vitamin C with E capsules: Vitamin E oil helps to heal scars and lighten dark spots and scars. To make this pack, empty the contents from 2 vitamin E capsules to 1/2 tbsp of vitamin C powder. Mix well to form a paste and apply as a thin layer on the face. Leave for 20 minutes and rinse off.